Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2003, 03:16 AM   #51
kiwiLB57
H.S. Freshman Team

sachmo71 said:
Quote:
Did you not like the game?

I loved Twilight:2000 the pen & paper roleplaying game. Over the years I have managed to collect nearly everything published for the game (rivalled only by my Birthright collection!).

Many hours have been spent careening through the Polish countryside in my beat up Hummer with the alchohol still in the trailer behind being "all shot up to hell".

To be honest, I have never had a decent go at the computer game. I remember playing it about 10 years ago (?) at high school on a friends computer. I tried downloading it recently from theunderdogs.org (?) but never got it running on my laptop..

Aaah, lost in thought about old T2k campaigns..

kiwiDE57

"the run it at da white boy philosophy will not xsist wif out.... da white boys"

Amen

kiwiLB57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:40 AM   #52
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwiLB57
sachmo71 said:

I loved Twilight:2000 the pen & paper roleplaying game. Over the years I have managed to collect nearly everything published for the game (rivalled only by my Birthright collection!).

Many hours have been spent careening through the Polish countryside in my beat up Hummer with the alchohol still in the trailer behind being "all shot up to hell".

To be honest, I have never had a decent go at the computer game. I remember playing it about 10 years ago (?) at high school on a friends computer. I tried downloading it recently from theunderdogs.org (?) but never got it running on my laptop..

Aaah, lost in thought about old T2k campaigns..

kiwiDE57

We used to have a blast playing the p-n-p game. We would almost always make ourselves. Just about every one of us were planning to serve in the military (most of us did) and so we would make characters in those job fields, make up a final "battle" that ends in us being left behind. We would be constantly scrounging for equipment, fighting about our next move ("I out-rank you!" "Well, I have the M60!"), and setting up elaborate ambushes.

Another game we loved was along the same lines, but was actually a straight on "Red Dawn" rip-off. I can't remember the name. In this one you would play yourself, you had to give yourself realistic skills and equipment, and it was set where you live. The Russians have taken over because of a wimpy liberal president and now you had to fight for liberty. We would gather all our hunting equipment, run out to the armory where a friend of ours was working full time as a National Guardsmen and try to get as much from him as we can, and then run to the North Georgia mountains. So much fun.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote