Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2003, 09:58 PM   #1
dacman
College Benchwarmer

My friend Jim

No not THAT Jim. If you missed it, my very althletic, very health conscious, 30 YO friend Jim was diagnosed with stage 3 lymphoma about 2-3 weeks ago and only given a 50% chance of surviving it.
Anyway, he had his first chemo treatment, and it went well. He didn't get very sick or weak at all. His organ scan came back clean as did his bone marrow test. PTL. The oncologist has upgraded his chances to 70%. Keep praying. Thanks.

dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:00 PM   #2
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Good Luck to him, I lost my 18 year old cousin to cancer, I hope he recovers without any problems...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:25 PM   #3
McSweeny
College Starter

i too wish your friend the best of luck, i can't imagine what that must be like
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:47 PM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

I wish the best of luck to your friend.

I've recently had two very different experiences with cancer. My father was dignosed with lukemia about ten months ago, the same disease that killed his father twenty years ago. Well, he went through five rounds of chemo and now his oncologists find no traces of the disease in his system. He is currently in remission from a disease that not very long ago was thought to have no cure.

My other experience isn't so happy. I found out over Christmas that my best friend's father had lymphatic cancer. I lived with my best friend and his father for two years a while back, and he became a second father to me. He was super healthy, running five days a week, not eating meat, etc. However, he took too long to go to the doctor for the abdominal pains he was having, and the usually very treatable lymphoma he had got too strong of a foothold on him. I attended his funeral yesterday.

I will keep your friend in my thoughts, and I hope his treatment continues to go well for him.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 01-30-2003 at 10:48 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 11:05 PM   #5
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I wish your friend a full recovery . My mother had cancer and had her lrft breast removed 4 years ago and I know what his and his family are going through . I have been praying for him and his family .
Old 01-30-2003, 11:53 PM   #6
Easy Mac

I hope he fully recovers. It's a terrible thing to have to go through, I lost an aunt to cancer.

My cousin's best friend was diagnosed with cancer about 2 months ago, he's only 18. So all his friends visited one day and shaved their heads in support of him.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 04:32 AM   #7
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Good luck and God's speed in a full recovery. Attitude plays a big part in health... so urge Jim to stay positive, and provide him with that type of empathy!

Regards,
Chas
Old 01-31-2003, 08:05 AM   #8
cincyreds
High School Varsity

Heavenly father place your hands on dacman's friend Jim. Heal his his body and rid him of the cancer that is trying to take over. I pray that is it your will to heal Jim and perhaps if he has not already help him turn and seek your love and kindness and find strength in you, to trust in you completely. May your wondeful holy spirit move into his body and find the source of where the cancer is coming from and take it out, wiping it clean once and for all.

Give the doctors the wisdom and the know how to take care of him and see that his body is rid of the cancer once and for all.

By your grace, by your power may it be done.

In your glorious and majestic name we all pray.

Amen

dacman, please read Psalm 23 to him. It is a moving scripture that is very powerful.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:21 AM   #9
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Thanks cincyreds, that was very nice.

I'm sure Jim knows Ps 23 quite well, but I'll remind him.

Thanks again.