Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 09:53 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FOF9 Dynasty with 2024 Player File - Carolina!!!

FOF9 Dynasty -

Hello happy folks! I hope your day is going super mega well! I didn’t realize there was a new version of FOF released until I was looking at the Facebook newsgroup, and since I live here in the Dynasty section, I was surprised that I didn’t see a bunch of new dynasties here for the new game to let me know. We have just a few. Did you know that we used to break the dynasty thread with new FOF dynasties every new release for around a year?

I didn’t want to buy after being let go from my job around 7 weeks ago. But I saw a new roster update today for 2024 and then also I’ve been trying to give my YouTube channel a daily video to increase the hours in the last year to get to 4k so I can monetize it too for the same reason, so I bought it to help out and then thought doing a proper dynasty would be great since that’s what used o happen all up and down the block.

Who do I want to be and under what rules? Normally I’d start out with my favorite team the Jags with a new release, but they have Trevor Lawrence, so that’s probably not the issue we would normally be. Remember my HOF career with Bortles? I do! Anyways, who else?

Here are my choices:

2024 player file
17 games, 32 teams
No X Factor or economics for attendance
Use default teams
Track and reveal scouted ratings history turned on
I Turn off coach stuff. I will make the depth charts, but this is a GM sim not a coach, so we’ll auto sim games and auto make game plans
Injury setting – 120, combine accuracy 100

Which team am I playing?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : Today at 12:54 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I typically want the worst roster in the league. The teams that finished last year are Panthers 2-15, 4-13 Cards, Commanders and Pats. The Panthers traded the 1.1 spot to the Bears who grabbed the QB Caleb Williams. Commanders and Pats also went QB with Daniels and Maye. The Cards went WR Marvin Harrison Jr. The Panthers? Their QBs are Andy Dalton and Bryce Young, not a true #1.

I’m feeling the Panthers! Let’s grab them!

Do I want to Empty Cupboard and draft this? Not for my first take in a new game. Here’s my roster:

I am sorting by potential. These are the good ones. We have four in the 60s, 10 in the 50s.

Here’s our rookie class sorted by draft order:

Just one 60s and one 50s in the late draft in the 6th

Here is our first round 1.32 pick:

That’s not bad for that late of a draft pick. His only major weakness is that catching in traffic and securing the ball. Not a bad combo if he’s hit or afraid of tackling. He’s even a special teams ace.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Old Today, 11:58 AM   #3
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Following...
Old Today, 12:53 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The good of this roster. We do have a great mid 60s WR in Adam Thielen. I get why Legette was taken to work well with him. CB Horn is a great CB at high 60s and then SS Woods’ mid 50s potential is good. We also have a Strong LB Clowney with a high 50. DE Brows is a 63. That gives us one strong player at each D rank to lean on.

We are a 3-4. Our NT is nasty bad in the 20s.

Dalton isn’t as bad as I was hoping with a 50 score. That’s the tied for the 19th best with Dobbs, Daniel Jones and Stidham. With two strong WRs we might have a strong game there

RB Sanders at 57 feels solid. 18th best. RT Moton is a solid 59.

The bad of the roster? The rest of my O Line isn’t better at 49 max and as low as 29 for C. My starting is just 39. NT 11 current, 20 max, DE Ray 38/53. The rest of my LB corps outside of that 50 one spot is all 40s potential and two 30s current. For a 3-4?

Our DB that aren’t Horn and Woods are 40s. P Hekker is 30s, K Pinerio is 25/25. LS Jansen with LS of 42

Do I want to try and build a slightly better roster with my 37.4 cap space to my roster of 75?

Let’s focus on Special Teams.

I sign:

LS Triner – 78 snapping for 2 years at 2.3 mill
K Browder – UFA, stats of 53/74 – three seasons minsal for rookies
P Rob Gill – UFA, three years, stats of 54/59

I cut Jansen, Hekker and Pineiro

Staff:

HC - Dave Canales
, Wide Receivers, Great stuff in Player Development 100, green discipline and scouting and play calling, bad at youth, motivation, interviews and intelligence

OC – Brad Idzik
– 70 at youth, playcalling, motivation – 60 discipline, player dev, bad Int, Scout, interviews, Smashmouth style of Football

DC – Ejiro Evero
– 3-4 – good with 2ndary, 70s, Int, scouting, interviews; 50 mot, play call, bad dev youth, discipline

AC – Harold Goodwin – Good with O Line, 80 Dis and Play calling, 50 Youth lower everything else

Head Trainer – Kevin King – 80 STr training, 50 CON, 40 INT

Last edited by Abe Sargent : Today at 12:53 PM.
Old Today, 12:54 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
Following...

Welcome!!!

Old Today, 02:48 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Before I sign more, any players I want to resign?

DE Brown – 26 years old, 63 skills – signs to 45 mill for 4 years. This costs us cap.

SS Woods – 8th year vet, 54 Fading a bit just wants 14 mill for two years to sign. His cap hit this year is 7.76 mill this would raise to 9.8. I extend him a year

Dalton is on one year, I could loan him a year and then if we do well cap him and if not draft his replacement.

Also, I forgot to mention we have a 54 pot WR too, so three solid ones

I need a good quality:

Starting TE
OC
OG
Three starting LBs

What FAs are free?

I sign:

ILB PJ Lenhart – 59/59, 2.95 mill for one years, 3rd year vet, I couldn’t sign him to a longer deal
OG Ike Richter – UFA, 33/69, three years minsal – didn’t sign agent told me tomorrow
OC Stanley Keiffer – UFA, 24/56, three years minsal
BAP CB M.J. Devonshire – UFA, 37/64 – three years, minsal
BAP OT TJ Rasheed – UFA, 18/61, three years minsal

The TE Market is dead

I cut:

ILB Rhattighan
C Raym
CB Hearn
OT Walton

We sold 68k season tix