Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2024, 02:09 PM   #4251
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Does Trump golf before or after church on Sunday

I'm sure whoever he plays with on Sunday talk about God given that's his church now apparently

Last edited by Thomkal : 09-16-2024 at 02:09 PM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 02:20 PM   #4252
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
It was definitely reported at one point yesterday as being "two holes away," but everything I've heard today indicates the gun was spotted while clearing the hole immediately ahead of Trump. But no indication either way that he ever pointed it at Trump, nor even at the Secret Service. (So, yeah, maybe it was just sitting there poking through the fence and he was nearby and not holding it at the time. If so, maybe that's why he's alive...)

If the BBC map is right, he was at the end of the hole behind, but he was still on the other side of a tree line from where the would-be assassin was. It doesn't look likely the the guy was aiming at him at the time. Does the report say what weapons the SS fired at him? I imagine if they were handguns at a distance it would have been a hard target.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 02:38 PM   #4253
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Does the report say what weapons the SS fired at him?
"service weapon"

Old 09-16-2024, 03:57 PM   #4254
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

"Rich Lowry let his racist side out on a video interview."

And Megan Kelly just ignored it. She seemed used to people slipping the N-word in conversations.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 04:21 PM   #4255
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
I thought Trump was two holes away.
Is that a golf reference?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 04:24 PM   #4256
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
This really is the strangest of political times, where an assassination attempt is practically just another crazy event to get shoved out of the news half-a-day later, by whatever the next crazy event will be.
That's because a preponderance of the US would be indifferent to delighted if someone succeeded.

I, personally, would take the week off in celebration.
Old 09-16-2024, 04:27 PM   #4257
Atocep
Coordinator

I watched some of the 2016 debate and it's insane how much Trump has deteriorated. People thought that he sounded bad then, but he was actually able to put coherent thoughts together, stay on topic, and discuss policy with at least a small level of depth.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 06:49 PM   #4258
Ben E Lou

Quote:
If the BBC map is right, he was at the end of the hole behind, but he was still on the other side of a tree line from where the would-be assassin was. It doesn't look likely the the guy was aiming at him at the time. Does the report say what weapons the SS fired at him? I imagine if they were handguns at a distance it would have been a hard target.
Watched the joint FBI/USSS briefing a few minutes ago. A few takeaways with regard to stuff a bit up in the air in this thread:
  1. They specified that Routh did not get off a shot.
  2. They specified that he did not have any line of sight on Trump.
  3. They specified that this was a completely unplanned round of golf, so they didn't have a chance to do any pre-clearing of the course and surrounding area. So, yeah, dude just guessed that maybe Trump was playing golf and sat out there waiting on him. (They also said that he had a bag of food with him.)
  4. They did *not* specify if he pointed the gun at USSS, but they did say something along the lines of "the suspect never got close to getting off a round."
Based on a combo of the info, especially #4, I'm guessing he either wasn't holding the gun at all, or perhaps he didn't see the Secret Service agent because he happened to be looking in another direction at the moment the agent would have come into view. Either way, the way it was all stated, it certainly appears that he never had a chance to point the gun at anyone.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 09-17-2024 at 02:08 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 07:17 PM   #4259
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The mre that comes out the more it sounds like this time the Secret Service did a good job. Hard to do better for an unplanned round of golf.
Old 09-16-2024, 09:27 PM   #4260
Dutch
"Dutch"

They are definitely beating up the USSS again but (warranted or not) it seems more along the lines of, “So nothing has changed from the first assassination attempt”. I think the USSS is doing the best they can, tactically speaking. I also think it’s pretty obvious now that the only other major candidate to potentially run the country will need full USSS support. That would come by way of a strategic level change to the protocols of the USSS. Seems like an easy enough amendment to their current rules that could be changed tomorrow morning and implemented by the end of the week.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 09:51 PM   #4261
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Overall I think the Secret Service is a trainwreck and I welcome oversight, but in this case they seem to have done a good job. Trump was never in danger and the guy was apprehended. I'm not sure what more can be expected given the circumstances.
Old 09-17-2024, 05:17 PM   #4262
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
That's because a preponderance of the US would be indifferent to delighted if someone succeeded.

I, personally, would take the week off in celebration.

That's as thoroughly disgusting as it gets. There is nobody for whom that is an appropriate response, full stop.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 07:12 PM   #4263
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Brian, who insists every hypothetical person's opinion should be respected, does not respect your opinion.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 07:33 PM   #4264
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump has a cunning plan to reduce food prices.

Reduce supply.

Quote:
"We allow a lot of farm product into our country. We're going have to be a little like other countries. We're not going to allow so much."
Old 09-17-2024, 07:42 PM   #4265
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump has a cunning plan to reduce food prices.

Reduce supply.

While also kicking the majority of people picking those crops out of the country.
Old 09-17-2024, 08:14 PM   #4266
Swaggs
Coordinator

He’s also now promising government funded IVF and to reduce car insurance. He’s just throwing anything and everything against the wall now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 09:11 PM   #4267
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I don't want trump to be assassinated. I want him in jail and destitute. There's a difference
Old 09-17-2024, 09:12 PM   #4268
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I don't want trump to be assassinated. I want him in jail and destitute. There's a difference

I just want him gone from our lives, no matter how that happens.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 09:15 PM   #4269
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM   #4270
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I've wondered if the Harris campaign should start subtly classifying his misstatements as confusion rather than lies.

Saying Trump lies does not move the needle. That's baked into his support and opposition. And the media response ends up just being some version of "Democrats and GOP debate Trump's assertion that 1+1=3."

But if you say he's confused, then that's a different story. And then his defense has to be that he wasn't confused, he was lying? That's a bit harder to frame in a #bothsides way.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM   #4271
Edward64
Head Coach

That’s a great strategy.

I agree that ‘lies’ don’t work much but confused = cognitive decline may work
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM   #4272
Ben E Lou

I heard or read somewhere in passing in the first 12ish hours after Routh was identified that he had "over 100" citations from local law enforcement, but since that one little tidbit, I hadn't heard anything else about it--just the two big arrests--so I'd moved on to thinking either I'd heard it wrong or it was bad information. However, this interview with a retired GPD officer, published this morning, seems to corroborate at least the spirit of that "over 100," if not the exact number. (You can watch the video without entering an email address. I think you only have to do that to read the article.) It's pretty wild how well known he was to multiple police officers.

Trump assassination plot exposes Ryan Routh's bomb bust, barricade with illegal gun | Fox News

Last edited by Ben E Lou : Yesterday at 07:57 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #4273
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
so the US attorney handling the latest assassination attempt is a Haitian immigrant. Can't make this stuff up
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM   #4274
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah so about that police report you provided JD Vance that shows Haitians are eating cats:

x.com
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM   #4275
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Brian, who insists every hypothetical person's opinion should be respected, does not respect your opinion.
That's where most people get it twisted. Nobody is beholden to respect anyone's opinion. Certainly everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there's no obligation on anyone's part to respect it.

Some people believe in Flat Earth, 9/11 was an inside job, or immigrants are eating people's pets. Those opinions deserve no respect whatsoever.

And I don't mind if Brian, or anyone, is disgusted by my opinion. That's fine.

Still, ridding this planet of Donald Trump would make it an infinitely better place.

(enjoy this post before the Mods censor me again)
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #4276
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yeah so about that police report you provided JD Vance that shows Haitians are eating cats:

x.com

Doesn't matter, the narrative is out there and there is a huge segment of our population that will never admit they were duped by misinformation so any evidence that shows they were is actually the misinformation. Trump and Vance will double down and never retract because that is the playbook. Maybe someone like Cavuto mentions in passing it was false so FOX can CYA and he will be labeled a RINO by the Charlie Kirks of the world and we will eventually move on. Meanwhile people will question why you would ever vote Harris when she cant explain in depth her policy on giving a 25K tax credit to new home buyers and how it would effect markets and interest rates.

Last edited by Lathum : Yesterday at 11:04 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #4277
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
He’s also now promising government funded IVF and to reduce car insurance. He’s just throwing anything and everything against the wall now.

And there's no reason to stop it. There are popular (yet unfeasible) ideas out there to be embraced harmlessly. If he senses trouble, why stop at this level? Why not a promise to cut income taxes in half for everyone, on day one (the dictator phase, heh)? Just mumble some stuff about a booming economy paying for it, or how tariffs will, or that we will pay for it with a trillion dollar coin, or whatever... nobody holds him to any details so why stop pledging the moon and stars?
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM   #4278
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
And there's no reason to stop it. There are popular (yet unfeasible) ideas out there to be embraced harmlessly. If he senses trouble, why stop at this level? Why not a promise to cut income taxes in half for everyone, on day one (the dictator phase, heh)? Just mumble some stuff about a booming economy paying for it, or how tariffs will, or that we will pay for it with a trillion dollar coin, or whatever... nobody holds him to any details so why stop pledging the moon and stars?

Mexico is going to pay for it.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM   #4279
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This is a weird thing to cut and post.

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #4280
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I'm sure many will be bought as some sort of display statement, but will anybody ever read a copy of Melania's book?
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #4281
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm sure many will be bought as some sort of display statement, but will anybody ever read a copy of Melania's book?

Trump was smart and realized most his supporters can't read and instead released a picture book.
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #4282
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, there's an "I buy it for the articles" joke in here somewhere, isn't there.
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #4283
Dutch
"Dutch"

Just saw these numbers at the border.

Trump admin: ~2 million CBP encounters
Biden/Harris admin: ~8 million CBP encounters

Trump admin: 11 Terror Watch list encounters at border
Biden/Harris admin: 390 Terror Watch List encounters at border

The first numbers goes far beyond agriculture workers. Many of the those (making up the delta) account for our 400% increase is fentanyl deaths the last few years. Whats that death count at now?

The second set of numbers shows an alarming interest by those who wish to do harm in the USA attempting (hopefully just attempting) to set up shop.

It’s not all doom and gloom, however, both Trump and Harris agree that zero Americans are to be expelled from the country.

Last edited by Dutch : Yesterday at 12:49 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #4284
Atocep
Coordinator

What's interesting is the vast, vast majority of terrorist watch list encounters are happening at the northern border. Who's paying for that wall?

Also, CBP and others have long complained that the terrorist watch list is far too large and often inaccurate. It's grown to over 2 million people. There's no one really auditing names once they're added to check accuracy and remove names of people that are there for simply having a name similar to someone else on the list. So the list just continues to grow over time and, of the estimated 10s of thousands of people that have appealed being on the list, 98% (according to DHS) were false positives.
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM   #4285
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

It’s not all doom and gloom, however, both Trump and Harris agree that zero Americans are to be expelled from the country.

Not true. Stephen Miller has talked about de-naturalization and why Trump is going to do a lot more of it.
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM   #4286
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Untrue.

They have already said they will get rid of anchor babies and I suspect dreamers will also be fucked.

And please, explain to me what a mass deportation looks like logistically? Never mind the cost associated, how exactly do you determine someone is here illegally without violating their civil liberties?

We already have people in Ohio accusing their neighbors of eating missing cats, can you imagine what will happen when every brown person is a suspected illegal?
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #4287
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Just saw these numbers at the border.

Trump admin: ~2 million CBP encounters
Biden/Harris admin: ~8 million CBP encounters

Trump admin: 11 Terror Watch list encounters at border
Biden/Harris admin: 390 Terror Watch List encounters at border

The obvious conclusion here is that the Biden Administration is far more effective at stopping illegal border crossings than the Trump Administration. Thanks for posting this, Dutch.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM   #4288
thesloppy
Pro Starter

When I see that big a discrepancy I assume the accounting method has changed
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #4289
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
When I see that big a discrepancy I assume the accounting method has changed

Encounters at the border were trending up significantly under Trump and then Covid happened. I will say, I think not treating people inhumanely does probably make them more likely to risk or request to come into the country.

The biggest thing we need at the border is significantly more judges to clear the 3 million or so backlog in cases and to clean up the terrorist watch list. It's ridiculous that it's ballooned to over 2 million people and we know a significant number of them shouldn't be on there but the funding and manpower doesn't exist to audit it.
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM   #4290
Atocep
Coordinator

J.D. Vance offers ‘proof’ of pet-eating, but it’s proven false with 1 phone call - nj.com

Quote:
Donald Trump’s running mate JD Vance has dug in on his claim Haitians in an Ohio community are abducting and eating pets, even as the state’s GOP governor and other officials insist there is no evidence of such behavior.

But the salacious claim was easily debunked.

“The Vance campaign provided the Wall Street Journal with a police report to prove their claims about cat-eating Haitians in Springfield. The WSJ spoke to the woman who filed it, who said she later found her cat alive and well in her basement. She also apologized to her Haitian neighbors.” Justin Baragona posted to X with a link to a story in The Wall Street Journal.
Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM   #4291
Edward64
Head Coach

No real context if this decision is appropriate or just anti-Trump by the leadership. Has there been other situations where rank-and-file supported a candidate but leadership did not?

Teamsters won’t endorse in presidential race after releasing internal polling showing most members support Trump | CNN Politics
Quote:
The International Brotherhood of Teamsters declined to endorse a presidential candidate on Wednesday after releasing internal polling that showed a majority of its members supported former President Donald Trump over Vice President Kamala Harris.

It’s the first time in nearly three decades that the union has not endorsed a presidential candidate.
Quote:
According to an electronic member poll that was initiated after President Joe Biden withdrew from the race, about 60% of members believed the union should endorse Trump while 34% supported Harris. About 6% said they supported another candidate.
Their rationale ...

Quote:
“Unfortunately, neither major candidate was able to make serious commitments to our union to ensure the interests of working people are always put before Big Business,” Teamsters President Sean O’Brien said in a statement. “We sought commitments from both Trump and Harris not to interfere in critical union campaigns or core Teamsters industries – and to honor our members’ right to strike – but were unable to secure those pledges.”
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #4292
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Never underestimate the ignorance of Americans in voting against their best interests.
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #4293
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Vance is right tin saying the insurance markets can be restructured so that healthy adults pay less, but that only works if sick people pay more. Given that most of us get sick at some point before we die, I don't think his plan will be all that popular.
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #4294
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
And please, explain to me what a mass deportation looks like logistically? Never mind the cost associated, how exactly do you determine someone is here illegally without violating their civil liberties?

I’m not an expert in this field either, so I don’t know, but if anybody asks me for my paperwork to show citizenship, I’ll happily provide it to do my part to protect the civil liberties of all Americans.
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #4295
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
No real context if this decision is appropriate or just anti-Trump by the leadership. Has there been other situations where rank-and-file supported a candidate but leadership did not?

Teamsters won’t endorse in presidential race after releasing internal polling showing most members support Trump | CNN Politics

Their rationale ...

Well, there’s Cuba. Seriously though, the decision to not endorse the Democrats and seeing the landslide vote was pretty eye opening. At least Harris is still killing it with abortion.

Last edited by Dutch : Yesterday at 10:30 PM.
Old Today, 04:28 AM   #4296
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I’m not an expert in this field either, so I don’t know, but if anybody asks me for my paperwork to show citizenship, I’ll happily provide it to do my part to protect the civil liberties of all Americans.

Ditto.

Quote:
Well, there’s Cuba. Seriously though, the decision to not endorse the Democrats and seeing the landslide vote was pretty eye opening.

I really don't know. I asked the question if this has happen before. If it has, where Teamsters leadership went against the rank-and-file, then it's not a big deal.

Last edited by Edward64 : Today at 05:26 AM.
Old Today, 06:42 AM   #4297
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Do you carry proof of citizenship with you at all times? Do you expect mass deportation to have hearings for proof of citizenship?
Old Today, 07:00 AM   #4298
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

You realize asking people for their papers is straight up Nazi Germany shit and in total violation of peoples rights?

Your white privilege is staggering, and it may come as news to you, but millions of Americans are latino, black, etc...and have the same rights as you. Those people shouldn't be subject to harassment because of a minority of hateful bigots that at best you support and worst are a part of.

Last edited by Lathum : Today at 07:00 AM.
Old Today, 07:11 AM   #4299
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Do you carry proof of citizenship with you at all times? Do you expect mass deportation to have hearings for proof of citizenship?

People who support this have zero expectations of what it will look like because they haven't thought past "brown people bad."
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #4300
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
People who support this have zero expectations of what it will look like because they haven't thought past "brown people bad."

I mean it would have to look like literal roadblocked checkpoints where you either show your proof of citizenship or you go to detention until you are able to prove it, right? How else is it going to work?
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote