Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2024, 07:38 AM   #1
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

2024 Fantasy Football Local Advice Thread

All:

Like many of you, I've got my draft coming up soon.

I figured this thread could be a place for us to share nuggets that we've gleaned from our local teams that might not be making the national fantasy tip sheets.

I'll start. I think that Alvin Kamara is going to be under-drafted this year, and y'all should be grabbing him earlier than he is going.

He is "injured" right now, but that's just a hold-in until he gets a new contract (which I expect to happen). He looked really good when he did play earlier in camp. And the Saints are moving to the Shanahan system, which is run heavy. And none of the backups have shown much of anything, so when he returns, he will be the clear #1.

People are (IMO correctly) predicting that the Saints offense will be bad. And Kamara has been around for a while and does not have that new car smell that we like in our fantasy players. So he's slipping.

But someone is going to get touches/yards in that offense, and I think that he will get a huge share of them for lack of many other options.

He's the only Saints offensive player I'd grab ahead of his draft position, though.

-Eric

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 07:54 AM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

For the Falcons it is a tough one to find value. I have feeling everyone expects big numbers from Bijan, London and Pitts. They should put up good numbers, but they are probably going to be over-valued. Cousins coming back from an injury might be a value, but then again he might end up over-drafted for the injury risk.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 11:46 AM   #3
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

oh, and it looks like Taysom Hill is going to be used like Kyle Jusczyk.

So if you don't grab one of the top TEs, I think that he's worth grabbing as a high-risk/high-upside option. I wouldn't want to waste a RB/WR slot on him, but he's gonna end up with good numbers for a TE I think.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 12:19 PM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hill is always one of my favorite players to use in DFS. Always cheap and under owned and always capable of a huge game.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2024, 07:50 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Ravens enter season two under a new offensive system. Lamar won MVP but without a monster fantasy season, and they add Derrick Henry. I think the market is more or less properly pricing in these factors toward this offense.

They have a LOT of pieces in the passing game, to the general detriment of any one of them for fantasy purposes. TE Mark Andrews remains very reliable in middle-depth routes, and is being drafted around TE4, which seems roughly correct to me. WR Zay Flowers is going earliest among the WRs, and while there's some obvious upside there, we'd all be shocked if he gathered 140 targets like a prime WR1 is expected to... so there's a talent upside, which is nice to attach to, but the opportunity seems limited by the offense and the system and cast around him.

I think the biggest unknown is whether Derrick Henry will really command the sort of games he has been used to in his career... 24 carries, goal line work, etc. The conventional wisdom is that if he ends up with, say, 10-12 short yardage DT rushes, that depletes the scoring available for Lamar's legs and the receiving corps. Obviously true as pure math, but... understand that Gus Edwards had 13 rushing TD last season...so it's not like that would be a new dynamic there. But in 2023, they only had 27 TD passes. So, even if we grant a bump there, and maybe some consolidation with the departure of walking sideshow OBJ, we still are going to have trouble getting Zay Flowers a whole lot more than the 108 targets he got last year.

Sleepers: I'm seeing TE Isaiah Likely going undrafted in most leagues, and that feels short-sighted to me. He has minor value with Andrews healthy, but he's a TE1 is Andrews misses time, which feels somewhat likely. Maybe just a wire pickup I suppose. And rookie WR Devontez Walker hasn't blown up training camp, but he has the "true X" body type they are honestly missing... they keep trying to make it happen for Rashod Bateman, but it's not out of the question that the ball-winner they really wish they had on the outside (Zay is pretty exclusively a Z/slot guy) is Walker, though the smarter money is that wouldn't happen until late this season. I'd toss a later pick his way in a dynasty league, though, he genuinely could be George Pickens a year from now.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2024, 07:51 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
oh, and it looks like Taysom Hill is going to be used like Kyle Jusczyk.

So if you don't grab one of the top TEs, I think that he's worth grabbing as a high-risk/high-upside option. I wouldn't want to waste a RB/WR slot on him, but he's gonna end up with good numbers for a TE I think.

I grabbed him as my TE2. I hope he pays off!
Old 09-08-2024, 07:25 AM   #7
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So is Christian McCaffery going to play tomorrow? Or should I bench him.
Old 09-08-2024, 08:36 AM   #8
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

If any of you have a Titan or Bear playing today, just FYI it's going to be an unbelievably good weather day today in Chicago: high around 72 @ gametime, clear blue sky, not a lot of wind, low humidity.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 08:50 AM   #9
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So is Christian McCaffery going to play tomorrow? Or should I bench him.

Both ESPN and he, himself, say that he's playing. The only question is workload. For the record he says he hopes to play his normal snap count. Makes the whole questionable designation....well....questionable.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 09:36 PM   #10
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Both ESPN and he, himself, say that he's playing. The only question is workload. For the record he says he hopes to play his normal snap count. Makes the whole questionable designation....well....questionable.

Both Christian and ESPN are LIARS.

Well I had the lead going into the game and my opponent has the SF defense. Maybe Aaron Rodgers will lead a comeback.