Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2003, 07:47 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Dynasty threads

Just curious, whe will the dynasty threads be coming over to the new forum. It seems like some have made it but quite a few haven't. That way I know if I need to bring Billy over manually or if he'll be making the jump.

Thanks, nice job with everything so far.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 08:45 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Definitely would like to know how this is coming. The dynasty forum is like a second home for some of us.

Plus, I want to continue my MTW dynasties.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 08:48 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

my first dola,

Actually, the post and thread number seems consistent with what was over there, but my page is only loading up 16 dynasties. Does anyone have a clue what's going on over there with this? And will all dynasties (even dead and old ones be brought over)? I have written a lot of dynasties, both short and long, and truth be told, I would probably prefer to not lose any of them at all if possible.

Thanks.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:57 PM   #4
Ryan S
Quarterback

Re: Dynasty threads

Quote:
Originally posted by EagleFan
Just curious, whe will the dynasty threads be coming over to the new forum. It seems like some have made it but quite a few haven't. That way I know if I need to bring Billy over manually or if he'll be making the jump.

Thanks, nice job with everything so far.

You should probably try to bring it over manually.

I have no idea when or even if the posts can be imported. The import process worked extremely well when it came to importing member details, but failed when I tried to import the forums. I am not sure if this is down to buggy forum software, or if we were using a beta version which was different enough to the final version to make the import fail.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 08:59 PM   #5
Daimyo
College Starter

On the bright side there are some good old dynasties I had forgotten all about that are on the front page now. If you haven't read it yet, its new to you!
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:08 PM   #6
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Try this, go down to the bottom of the page, and select show all threads from the beginning, or try searching for it.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:23 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the ideas, Airhog, but no go on those.

How on earth would I bring a whole dynasty over? I have two threads for the MTW dynasty alone, and the first one is over 300 posts.

I'm sorry if I sound grumpy, but all of a sudden my dynasty maintenance problems have apparently just shot through the roof.

Chief Rum

Old 01-25-2003, 03:22 AM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

D'oh! Even if you manually bring them over, you lose the participation posts from the readers... Not that bad for the Bill Gates Challenge, but horrific for X-Com, which has tons of reader participation.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:50 AM   #9
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
D'oh! Even if you manually bring them over, you lose the participation posts from the readers... Not that bad for the Bill Gates Challenge, but horrific for X-Com, which has tons of reader participation.

yeah. I want to cry thinking of how to effectively move 11 seasons of Rutgers football over here.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 09:55 AM   #10
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Thumbs up

I'm bringing the UCF Golden Knight TCY Dynasty over..

Luckily I only posted 2 Seasons of Football thus far, even though the website I created to go along with it is much farther along in the Dynasty.

I recommend this to anyone who hasn't posted on their own Dynasty for a while but has wanted to.. Going through and re-reading everything and transferring all of it has really gotten me back into the swing of things and I'm all ready to get rolling with the Dynasty Thread again.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:26 AM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Bump. I second or third or eighteenth this or whatever. Mine wouldn't be so tough to move over (lots of annoying formatting, but that would only take an hour or two) but, some of them would be immensely tough.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 11:46 AM   #12
Ryan S
Quarterback

I have sent a message to vBulletin support asking for advise about the import, but I will not know anything until Skydog gets back, as his email address is the registered address, and all the support emails gets sent to him.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 12:06 PM   #13
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Well just a thought if it doesnt work. If we could keep the old forum with the dynasties on it, people could put a link to the old forum kind of like an archive. At least that way the feedback and participation would be there and you can continue where it left off.

The question would be if keeping the old forum just for the dynasties and archives would be allowed.