Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-15-2003, 08:51 PM   #51
Craptacular
College Starter

Hopefully Horn will get knocked out cold next time he goes over the middle. Donovin Darius and Roy Williams, I'm counting on you.

Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:00 PM   #52
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

What if Horn pulled down his pants and pulled a trout out of his rectum after that TD?, now that would be ORIGINAL!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:08 PM   #53
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

Let's see, who has less class, the guy who showboats, or the guy who wishes he'd get hurt?
Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:15 PM   #54
Craptacular
College Starter

Lack of sportsmanship is one thing that causes me to act or "wish" irrationally. I bitched out a couple of my teammates on the field in softball this year after they attempted to turn a 4-6-3 double play in a game we were winning by 20+ in the last inning ... problem was there were no runners on base.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:41 PM   #55
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

More showboating! More showboating! Let's make all the "classy" people go watch cricket! MORE SHOWBOATING!!!
Old 12-16-2003, 07:26 AM   #56
cody8200
High School Varsity

I didnt see this one yet...probably will sometime this morning. It sounds a little ridiculous (and look thats way too from the picture). I hate TO because he's a whiny ass bitch but really dont know too much about Horn...but he's got me interested. My favorite receiver in the league by far is Marvin Harrison. His quietness says something. When he makes a catch greater than most receivers ever will and hands the ball back to the ref like it was nothing, to me that makes him the biggest badass wide receiver ever.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:54 AM   #57
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

_rant_

I agree with you cody, but Horn thinks (as do most Saints fans) that New Orleans gets an unfair freezeout in the national media, even when they are good. Last year was a good example. They lit it up early, but still didn't get much love.

Of course his craving attention is a character flaw, but his buttons are getting pushed a bit too. Now people are going to know who he is, and by extension, the New Orleans Saints get a bit of an identity.

I'd much rather Deuce McCallister be the face of the Saints, but Horn would never sit still for it, so there you go.

All Saints fans are a little touchy about the national media.. it's like they *want* us to be bad. Witness the comments about Cincinatti.. there is a kind of excitement about how they are getting good that the Saints never got, even when they were really good.

Over the last four years the Saints haven't been great but they've shown flashes, and they've had a knack for beating the best teams (see Rams in last year of old NFC West, see Buccaneers today). So when the analysts want to talk about beating those teams (as they do when someone else plays them in a big game) do they ever mention how the Saints have handled them? NO! But just watch how Carolina gets mentioned whenever someone needs to beat Tampa Bay now.

Now you know the whole story! I'm getting a little steamed up now boy, don't make me get out my voodoo bag!

_/rant_
Old 12-16-2003, 09:05 AM   #58
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

"They lit it up early" - so, you're saying you want the kind of attention the Miami Dolphins are getting now?

I seem to recall when the Saints were really good, for like a few years rather than 6-8 games, they got plenty of attention. Those damn "cha-ching" commercials were all over the national media 10+ years ago (Bobby Hebert's days, whenever that was).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:16 AM   #59
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

We didn't make up Cha-ching, we stole it from a commercial, so I think you got that backwards. IIRC, at that time, Hebert played for the Falcons.

I did not touch on the realities of our present performances, I only mentioned that Saints players and fans wish they'd get more attention, and that explains most of Horn's cellphone gambit.

Any part unexplained by this is covered by the reality that Joe Horn is an attention craving whore, like most great WRs.