Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2017, 12:50 AM   #1
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Life

When my mom passed away I moved in with my dad. He cried everyday for hours for 9 months. Didn't care for life at all. It was over four years until he got his heart taken care of. He promised my mom he would go get checked out. They said something on ekg but need more test. He knew it was going to be multiple bypass surgery so he put it off. Ended up being a stint. Before that he would walk up a hill and his face turn pale white but he still wouldn't go. He started to care somewhat and he went and got it taken care of. He gradually got better positive wise. At this point I'm beyond down from living with him. I started to really push him to be truly excited about life at this point, and he didn't really try. ( Probably expected too much of him after putting myself through that). I thought if I pushed him so much into a corner to be positive he'd would when it came right down to it for our family. Well, it didn't go good. We just got frustrated with each other. He decided to move 3 hours away to a place he visited couple weekends a month. I was going to sell the house I was in but my sister offered to move in.

The plan was for her to fix her house up and sell it and then fix up mine and sell and figured being around family that didn't drain me would be nice for a few months. Few weeks being around them and I felt better. Was getting more work done for family company than previous years. Then I found out my dad gave our clients to my brother. Like 80 percent, we only had the one client we'd been going around to locations servicing. I didn't find this out for 2 months. It ripped my heart out that he didn't tell me and I didn't find out for months later. It basically crippled the company. I was so down after that, I didn't do anything for a month. Talked to my dad and told him to get clients back or at least make it so we get paid for those clients. He told me he would and each month I checked back with him he didn't ask my brother. This lasted 4 months. So at this point I don't want anything to do with family business and start doing other things to earn money. Had 40 thousand in credit card debt mostly from company we agreed the company would pay. With those clients gone, there was no money for that. I didn't make enough to keep up payments so they all got charged off and one is in collections.

Anyway, my sister adopted son is on parole so they had to move back to San Antonio because it would be two weeks juvy if he did something which cost 4k which they don't have and can't trust him. After deciding not to do family business I moved in with my girlfriend. Lived with her for 18 months. I have 130 thousand mortgage on a house that will sell with 20 thousand into for 235k. The way houses are going up it could easily be 260k soon. Can borrow money from the brother who has no money issues after getting all the company clients. My gf just got a job in farmers branch. The housing there is crazy expensive and read it is over valued. I was thinking about selling my house for 180k or so to my girlfriend and then rent it out. Make about 7k a year off it. She didn't want to do this as so far away from the home. Would one of those manage rent houses make any sense. We would still make around 3k a year. I hate to sell it when market is so over valued in Dallas. My main problem I have is I feel so much better if I'm making 300 a month off the house I own now, don't feel bad renting something in Dallas. Renting feels like flushing money down the drain and since not really paying more than 300 off principle first years it doesn't both me. Buying now in Dallas feels like the same thing. Think the house I own in year will be 15k to 20k more and houses in Dallas might come down. If not than we can move somewhere houses aren't over valued like in Dallas. Does it make any sense at all to do something like manage rent homes.com? My girlfriend has really been there for when times are tough. She sees the loan as a negative as she doesn't want to owe that much money. She also doesn't want to deal with renters. Anyone got advice? Something that will make me drop the rent idea and sell or something that might make her feel better about renting. I haven't even mentioned manage rent homes to her as just found out she definitely not comfortable. She kept saying how is she going to repay the loans. Only loans I would take is to fix it up and for 6 percent down. If place I didn't contact didn't need money down I would have gotten loan for that much less. I've explained it and she still seems lost. Makes me feel like this plan of mine could be beyond stupid.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 09-26-2017 at 12:51 AM.
TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote