Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #1
SackAttack
Head Coach

Ping: T.R.O.U.T.: Avengers vs Ultron

I thought it was starting tomorrow, but it's rolling today. Gogogo.

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #2
General Mike
Pro Starter

I did my thing. Looks like I'm locked out until early evening now, even though I remember other events like this working differently
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:09 PM   #3
SackAttack
Head Coach

Way it works in boss events these days is every 8 hours from event start, everything unlocks again.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:20 PM   #4
General Mike
Pro Starter

I thought when we cleared a level as an alliance, the sub battles reset. Unless I just fought a heck of a lot more battles then I remembered.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
I thought when we cleared a level as an alliance, the sub battles reset. Unless I just fought a heck of a lot more battles then I remembered.

That's how it used to work, yep. 8 hours or round clear. Now it's 8 hours after your last clear or the 8 hour reset, whichever is sooner.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #6
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I was able to advance us another level. 300 level Ultron starting to get difficult.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #7
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
I was able to advance us another level. 300 level Ultron starting to get difficult.

Ultron actually isn't the hard part! He's pretty manageable, especially now that they've rolled back his ability to move the board in this form. I mean, he packs a wallop if any of those bombs go off, but there are various ways to handle that.

The tough part is the scaling on the sentries, which just took a jump after the first 24 hours, and have at least one more jump ahead of them.

3* Cap is a rock star against him, since he can overwrite the bomb tiles and, once the shields get going, he can KEEP them going. If you have a decently leveled Hulkbuster, his red can eat a chunk of health in one go. Scarlet Witch can't stun him, and her passive will tend to shake the board, either because the spawned tile gets matched off or because it goes off and creates a critical match, and you maybe don't want that against him. Black Widow is useful, though, because you can target bombs with her pistol.

I haven't tried Jean Grey against him yet, but the way her purple is phrased ("Special tiles" rather than "Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles"), I suspect she can overwrite up to six bomb tiles if you have 5 purple covers from her.

There are some other possibilities, but those are a few that jump out at me.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #8
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Hmm, didn't think about Cap. I just ignored the characters with stun since it doesn't work against him. And now that I think about it, this is a weird case where 1* Hawkeye would be a really good character against him. I don't think any of us have him though.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #9
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Hmm, didn't think about Cap. I just ignored the characters with stun since it doesn't work against him. And now that I think about it, this is a weird case where 1* Hawkeye would be a really good character against him. I don't think any of us have him though.

Well, even Cap's stun still overwrites the bombs. So it's useful.

Others to consider:

1) Kamala Khan. She'll heal the party every time one of the other two characters use a power.

2) Doctor Octopus. Match those bombs, and he should create 1-2 fist tiles to punch Ultron with. No, his stun won't be helpful, but the same ability does damage and strengthens special tiles - such as, say, those fists.

3) 3* Deadpool. If you have the Deadpool Points, that's an I-Win button if you're really struggling. Just gotta keep him alive long enough to get to 14 purple.

4) Colossus. High health pool, reasonably cheap yellow that keeps him in front for a bit to soak that damage, and his black can be used to proc a skill from someone else.

If you have a decently covered Professor X, run him with 3* Black Widow and Hulkbuster. Black Widow will create the critical tiles, Professor X will do damage and feed either Widow more purple, or Hulkbuster some red.

Either one of those will do nicely for taking down Ultron.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

5* Thanos, if you have him, his pink stops the board (he still creates bombs, but doesn't destroy the lowest level)
Old 03-11-2017, 04:30 AM   #11
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
5* Thanos, if you have him, his pink stops the board (he still creates bombs, but doesn't destroy the lowest level)

If he's still creating bombs, the pink ain't workin' like it's supposed to. 5* Thanos' pink, tiles can be matched but can't otherwise be altered except by Thanos while the countdown is active. No blowing them up, no creating swords, fists, etc.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:47 AM   #12
SackAttack
Head Coach

We've got 4 players in the 800k+ range right now; if all four of us can contribute one more complete set of Ultron clears, the alliance will get a second Star-Lord cover.

Here's hoping. :-)
Old 03-14-2017, 11:24 AM   #13
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I know this is over, but I was using Quake today, and her blue power would have also been a good one to eliminate the bombs.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #14
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I know this is over, but I was using Quake today, and her blue power would have also been a good one to eliminate the bombs.

You have to be super careful about board shake with Ultron. Quake could get rid of some bombs, but since they spawn on all the colors, she could also trigger a cascade that lets others fall.