Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #51
sabotai
General Manager

https://www.reddit.com/r/Munich22Jul...ter_screaming/

Video of the shooter and someone up on the balcony yelling at each other with a few people providing translation in the comments. (Video whomario was talking about before.)

Last edited by sabotai : 07-22-2016 at 02:50 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #52
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Starting to seem like just one shooter.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:47 PM   #53
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Starting to seem like just one shooter.

Police just released a statement on Twitter that there is a high probability for a lone shooter and confirmed the body found a mile away to be the shooter (needed a while to identify him as they needed to bring in a remotely operated vehicle to make sure the backpack was not going to blow up in their face)

The area is perfectly suitable to make one person seem like a couple (short distances, pathways connecting buildings, many little turns and corners inside, multiple levels). Especially considering the descriptions of people basically in panic mode are bound to be inaccurate to a degree.

Shitty day all in all, though at least no one i know in munich was directly involved (heck, most out of town)

And even though i realize this is awfully cynical: it would be kinda good for the current climate (and the public discourse) if it were a lone person acting from either personal/social issues or right wing ideology ... I mean, everybody knows that terrorist attacks stemming from islamic ideology is a problem anyway. A lot of people forget that there´s major social issues that are a huge reason why people listen to radical ideas in the first place.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:29 PM   #54
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Daily Mail sucks but they have the most complete compilation of pictures and videos of the incident in one place. That video on top is horrifying. They also translate the conversation he had with someone from a rooftop.

Munich shopping centre shooting leaves several dead and injured as police hunt gunmen | Daily Mail Online

Minor rant but do we really need to censor the words asshole and wanker on a page that is showing dead bodies?
Old 07-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #55
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

18 year old German national from Iran.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #56
molson
General Manager

If you're not on reddit, they always have a great stream of official news, photos, etc for big events like this. It's a easy way to check in on the latest stuff.

[live] Munich shootings
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #57
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Also he only had a handgun, no rifle.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #58
whomario
Pro Starter

Still no credible indication of any sort of IS motivation, mind you. And no, i don´t count an isolated witness allegedly hearing a shout in arabic while taking gunfire (i mean, the fact that there was claims of multiple shooters and people saw a rifle instead of a handgun speaks for itself) which is, as far as i can tell, not part of the coverage from any german media source. Kinda doubt the dailymail or another english language outlet gets the scoop on sth that happens at a shopping mall outside of munich proper.

Sounds to me that this was at least partly due to mental instability with a heavy assist of private and social issues ... Glad it´s over, best news of the day.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-22-2016 at 08:04 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #59
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

France church attack: Priest killed by two 'IS soldiers' - BBC News

I'm sure a few of you will be wondering what the possible motive could have been.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:02 PM   #60
Groundhog
Coordinator

Same as all the rest of the motives... a nice big mix of fear, anger, and hatred.

One of the killed was wearing a tracking bracelet and on house-arrest, IIRC.