Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2016, 11:33 AM   #51
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Trinnaman is a stud! So is Finau, but we are deep in the backfield and WR and it's all about the hogs up front. Kalani and Company had to scramble to get the guys we have, but don't forget who we have returning off their missions this year too..

Agreed, we have a lot of experience back all over the offensive side and Trinneman will more than make up for the loss of Blackmon, with Moroni set to step in for Houk and Weeks could be a faster version of Mitch Mathews so we have plenty of weapons.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #52
BYU 14
Coordinator

Dola - And with a secondary that could include Lake, Davis, Preator and Shelton at CB and Tooley, Nacua, Hanneman and Warner at safety have we ever had so much talent there?

Last edited by BYU 14 : 02-03-2016 at 11:36 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #53
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Dola - And with a secondary that could include Lake, Davis, Preator and Shelton at CB and Tooley, Nacua, Hanneman and Warner at safety have we ever had so much talent there?

Nope, I would say it's our best secondary every.

We just managed to flip

Pilimai
Latu
Saleapaga

lost Pututua to Utah

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-03-2016 at 11:52 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #54
dave731
High School JV

Clemson lands John Simpson....4 star OG that was possibly going to Florida. We got 1 more target...just minutes away from the announcement!!
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:15 PM   #55
dave731
High School JV

Gary to Michigan....was it me or did he seem depressed making that pick?
Old 02-03-2016, 12:19 PM   #56
MrBug708
Head Coach

Disappointed that the drama is over
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #57
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Gary will be a stud in yellow and blue (yes I know ) . Congrats Michigan.

Fwiw coaches at both schools were nervous as recently as 15 minutes ago.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #58
Logan
Head Coach

If Rutgers fired Flood back in 2013 and hired Narduzzi, I really wonder if we would have had a shot at half the kids Michigan pulled out of NJ this year. It sucks to hear about a kid for 4 years as the likely #1 player in the country in his class, and then have to spend another 3 or 4 years watching him destroy your team.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #59
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Gary will be a stud in yellow and blue (yes I know ) . Congrats Michigan.

Fwiw coaches at both schools were nervous as recently as 15 minutes ago.

Sleepovers FTW!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #60
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa got a couple of kids from NJ, as well. The East coast is free game for the B1G. Rutgers better get things cleaned up.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #61
Butter
Coordinator

Clemson literally got every other borderline prospect they were going for over the past 2 days, so can't be too sad about losing out on Gary. They will finish consensus top 10 with a class that is at less than max. capacity, which is still great. Disappointing that they got so close, but can't hate on the kid too much especially since he didn't pull any double-switch, mystery hat BS or anything like that.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:12 PM   #62
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Texas wraps up their day by getting recent Michigan decommit DL Jordan Elliott. Today was a very impressive day for Strong's staff. They moved up 20+ spots in the various recruiting class rankings.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #63
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
If Rutgers fired Flood back in 2013 and hired Narduzzi, I really wonder if we would have had a shot at half the kids Michigan pulled out of NJ this year. It sucks to hear about a kid for 4 years as the likely #1 player in the country in his class, and then have to spend another 3 or 4 years watching him destroy your team.

Yep - as a Maryland fan, OSU came in at the last second and stole our 4-star QB and 4-star LB - the jewels of our class two weeks before today. Going to "love" facing them the next 4 years.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #64
dave731
High School JV

Clemson still reloaded and the front 7 will be tough to run against. It would have been near impossible with Gary plugging up the middle but now that affords an opportunity to somebody like Cervenka to step up and be the beast I know he can be. I talked to his mom a couple weeks ago and she said he was so happy to have that redshirt come off.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #65
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah I followed Haskins a lot as Rutgers was among his original finalists, and his uncle is Mo Sanu. Kid is going to be a stud.

Ironically though, it seems like if Haskins stuck with UMD, Ohio State would have went after Tylin Oden who ended up at Rutgers. Pigrome seems like he can be really good too so hopefully everyone ends up with a solid QB.

Last edited by Logan : 02-03-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #66
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ucla loses Aaron Hansford to TAMU in an ironic twist. He liked the mazzones who never recruited a single kid to ucla in 4 years
Old 02-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #67
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yeah, agreed. It's like dating a girl for an entire year and then have her go to the prom with someone else, and finding out the day before.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 02-03-2016 at 01:56 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #68
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 star T EJ Price to USC!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #69
MrBug708
Head Coach

Mique to UCLA!
Old 02-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #70
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Even the Hoosiers got in on the action by flipping WR Taysir Mack. (I realize he is from NY, not NJ.)
Old 02-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #71
MrBug708
Head Coach

Asiasi to Michigan. Stole him from SC
Old 02-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #72
miked
College Starter

We start the Ash era with the 86th class so far (just behind Middle Tenn) but apparently that is better than BC and Cuse. We got a 6'5" QB who weighs 175 pounds, and some decent transfers. But I think this goes to show how bad Flood had performed behind the scenes in building these local relationships.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #73
MrBug708
Head Coach

Boom! Boss Tagaloa commits to ucla!
Old 02-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #74
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

No surprises today for Michigan, which means it was a good day. Delighted to have Gary, who looks like a difference-maker from day one. Asiasi is huge and will fit what Harbaugh likes to do on offense.

I can relax now that the LoI is apparently in and the official UM football account is tweeting confirmation:

Now the pranksters out here know Michigan's secret football fax number.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 star CB Jack Jones released a video announcing he is committing to USC! Great way for this staff to close out the class considering how much change they had and not much time for the new guys to get to know these recruits.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:43 PM   #76
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Just unbelievable what the move to the SEC plus two trips to the championship game has done for our recruiting.

Indeed
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:20 PM   #77
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

A quick review of the day suggests to me that UGA pretty much closed the deal on almost everybody they had in doubt.

Local products Hardman & Laguins both wavered but signed. I'm not putting them at the top of the class or anything, circumstances just made those guys the most visible & familiar of the crop to me.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #78
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
We start the Ash era with the 86th class so far (just behind Middle Tenn) but apparently that is better than BC and Cuse. We got a 6'5" QB who weighs 175 pounds, and some decent transfers. But I think this goes to show how bad Flood had performed behind the scenes in building these local relationships.

Strange that you compare Rutgers class to 2 ACC schools.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:51 PM   #79
miked
College Starter

Just surprised that BC and Cuse were so low.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:19 AM   #80
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I suspect this will be Coastal Carolina's best class ever. Moving up to Division I gives them around 20 extra scholarships to award. We will see how not being able to play in a bowl game next year affects who they sign or not.

Ranked 119th out of 250 Division I schools, 8th in the Sun Belt. 5 3-star players which is the most ever. 29 players signed. Not bad for a team in Limbo for the next year or two.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:46 AM   #81
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Just surprised that BC and Cuse were so low.

Part of the reason, and again PART not discounting the shit show that both programs currently are, is that none of the recruiting services have a dedicated New England analyst or, at least, not one worth a salary.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:49 AM   #82
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731 View Post
Clemson still reloaded and the front 7 will be tough to run against. It would have been near impossible with Gary plugging up the middle but now that affords an opportunity to somebody like Cervenka to step up and be the beast I know he can be. I talked to his mom a couple weeks ago and she said he was so happy to have that redshirt come off.

DT rotation is stacked.

Wilkins, Pagano, Watkins, Huggins, Johnson, and Lawrence will all get reps before Gage at the 2 interior spots.

If he wants to see the field I think a transition to OG or C is needed. I watched him wrestle a bunch of tourneys my son was also in. Great young man, very good jumbo athlete. I think he has borderline NFL potential as an OL. I'm not sure he doesnt wash out of he stays at DT.

Im pulling for him to prove me wrong though.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #83
lungs
Pro Rookie

Pretty happy with Paul Chryst's first class at Wisconsin. His recruiting ability was what gave some people pause when he first was hired. At least none of the signees are concerns for academic admissions, which Gary Andersen seemed to have a problem with.

There was concern that DT Garrett Rand would flip (to UCLA I believe?) but in the end he's coming to Wisconsin.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #84
MrBug708
Head Coach

Couldn't beat out mom for Rand
Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #85
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
DT rotation is stacked.

Wilkins, Pagano, Watkins, Huggins, Johnson, and Lawrence will all get reps before Gage at the 2 interior spots.

If he wants to see the field I think a transition to OG or C is needed. I watched him wrestle a bunch of tourneys my son was also in. Great young man, very good jumbo athlete. I think he has borderline NFL potential as an OL. I'm not sure he doesnt wash out of he stays at DT.

Im pulling for him to prove me wrong though.
We used him at NT and at FB in middle school. I could easily see him on the OL. He's very strong and definitely belongs in the trenches somewhere...
Old 02-05-2016, 03:14 PM   #86
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Wow...

Clemson and Florida State combined to sign for four 5-stars and 28 4-stars in the current class. The rest of the ACC – 14 programs – combined for 30 4- stars and zero 5-stars.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #87
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

While a bit below the national recruiting radar, I'm more than a little pleased to say that I spent the morning at the signing ceremony for Athens Academy QB Drew Richardson who will play at Washington & Lee (along with teammate RB Will Corry).

That's one of my son's dearest friends, making this one of the happiest occasions I've had the privilege to attend. Solid football player, a true scholar-athlete and a quality young man.

His coach summed it up pretty well I think "If you sat down at a computer & designed the high school player you wanted ... what you'd get is Drew".

Stupid allergies, I've needed an antihistamine on & off since about 9 this morning.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:22 AM   #88
MrBug708
Head Coach

Demetrius Robertson picked Cal. I've since learned that UGA fans are mentally unstable.