Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #51
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
So when you go to select the database is isn't showing up in the box by the "Default" database? Just make sure all of the files from the database you downloaded are in a folder in the GDS/TEW2013/Databases folder. From there it should show up and you select the database then begin a new game.

It seems the database folder through my Windows eyes shows

and nothing else.

In-game, it says I have a Default database and 1987, which I created. However when I go back to the Windows folder, it doesn't show up therefore I cannot move the .mdb file anywhere.

I am looking in the Program Files(x86)/GDS/TEW2013 folder, that is correct, right?

Last edited by korme : 01-29-2013 at 09:25 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #52
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
It seems the database folder through my Windows eyes shows

and nothing else.

In-game, it says I have a Default database and 1987, which I created. However when I go back to the Windows folder, it doesn't show up therefore I cannot move the .mdb file anywhere.

I am looking in the Program Files(x86)/GDS/TEW2013/Databases/FolderTitle folder, that is correct, right?

That's the folder you will drop the database files in that you downloaded.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #53
korme
Go Reds

Holy shit, that worked. The in-game step-by-step didn't work, but INDalltheway comes through! Thanks dudes.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #54
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
My problem with this game has always been (and continues to be) booking shows that get good ratings vs. just booking shows the way I want to book them.

Think that's why I liked TNM, the star-rating was just based on the in-ring action and not the heat or anything.

Yeah I wished there was still a kayfabe wrestling game like TNM. I also used to play a Lance Haffner Wrestling game back in the 90's, it was pretty good.

I had a pen and paper game that I developed back in the 80's - 90's and we played over 150 cards full of matches. So much fun, but it was easier to play the matches with TNM and have the same sense of enjoyment.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #55
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Yeah I wished there was still a kayfabe wrestling game like TNM. I also used to play a Lance Haffner Wrestling game back in the 90's, it was pretty good.

I had a pen and paper game that I developed back in the 80's - 90's and we played over 150 cards full of matches. So much fun, but it was easier to play the matches with TNM and have the same sense of enjoyment.

Yeah - I think that was it. It was just easier to just...book and play matches in TNM and get a bunch of enjoyment out of it rather than the "work" you have to put into TEW.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #56
korme
Go Reds

Is there a way to set a booker, and kind of manage behind the scenes?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #57
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Holy shit, that worked. The in-game step-by-step didn't work, but INDalltheway comes through! Thanks dudes.
Anything for a fellow PCJBLer
Old 01-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #58
korme
Go Reds

Sorry for troubling everyone, but is there a way for the profile pictures to automatically sync or do I really have to manually click on every guy's face and find his file?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #59
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Sorry for troubling everyone, but is there a way for the profile pictures to automatically sync or do I really have to manually click on every guy's face and find his file?

Go to the Options tab at the top and then on the left hand side click "Picture Folder." From there just make sure the correct database is selected from the drop down menu.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #60
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
Go to the Options tab at the top and then on the left hand side click "Picture Folder." From there just make sure the correct database is selected from the drop down menu.

One other thing too if you are using a new picture folder. Before starting your game, go to the edit the database, select workers and select mass edit, select all the workers and the first drop down box is a picture option that says picture becomes 'their name jpeg' once that is selected it will populate all the workers in your database. After this you will only have to individually edit worker pictures for those with multiple pix if you want to change.

Now start your new game and all wrestlers with a pic should be good.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #61
korme
Go Reds

Thats what I should have done before I started my career, thanks BYU
Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #62
TLK
Pro Starter

I get sucked in every version but I'm too lazy to book the cards and ultimately end up being disappointed with the game. So, I started a game with the 1987 data and I'm basically just watching the WWF. I know you can't expect much from the booking, but they are making the last days of WCW look like 1996 ECW.

-Hogan beats Orndroff at Wrestlemania III
-Ric Flair signs with WWF and tags with Bob Orton in the main event of SummerSlam against Don Muraco & Harley Race (Both faces)
-The next week, Flair beats Hogan on Superstars in a non-title match. Hogan and Flair start feuding shortly after that.
-WWF decides not to resign Bret Hart, Rowdy Piper, Jake Roberts to name a few.
-Hogan beats Flair at the October PPV
-Randy Savage loses the Intercontinental title to Jim Brunzell who in turn drops it to a heel Jim Powers.
-Hogan still feuding with Flair, but they go about 6 months without a match
-Hogan defeats Savage at the Royal Rumble only for Savage to turn around and win the Rumble in the next match. Okay, that actually sounds good.
-Hogan drops the belt to King Kong Bundy in February. Bundy almost immediately announces he's leaving the WWF and the title is held up.
-At Wrestlemania, Junkyard Dog beats Ric Flair to win the held-up title and Hogan doesn't wrestle.
-Hogan defeats Flair at the next ppv with JYD not on the card.
-And yes, your new IC champion... a face Nikolai Volkoff

If nothing else, it's been entertaining.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #63
Flasch186
Coordinator

that sounds fun.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #64
korme
Go Reds

I've added a bunch of picture files for my completely fictionally generated league, and yet it seems like the new players that get generated never have ever gotten any of the new faces. I believe I've named the files correctly, EVPW_WhiteMale_113 for example. Anybody know what could be up?

I would take this to the GDS forums but it won't seem to let me post.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #65
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
I've added a bunch of picture files for my completely fictionally generated league, and yet it seems like the new players that get generated never have ever gotten any of the new faces. I believe I've named the files correctly, EVPW_WhiteMale_113 for example. Anybody know what could be up?

I would take this to the GDS forums but it won't seem to let me post.

You have to go into the editor and set their availability under "Free Pictures", basically picking their gender and what size/ethnicity they can be used for.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #66
korme
Go Reds

The editor before you start a game? I'm not seeing any option for "Free Pictures" in my season editor.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #67
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
The editor before you start a game? I'm not seeing any option for "Free Pictures" in my season editor.

Yeah, the database editor. And after you do that, you can import them into your savegame so you don't have to start over.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #68
korme
Go Reds

It's pretty irritating how much of a PITA this stuff can be
Old 08-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #69
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Out of place a bit I know but I recently started playing TEW 2007 again because I wanted to do Death of the Territories again. However I can not find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find DOTT or other TEW 2007 mods? Any help would be appreciated!
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #70
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
that sounds fun.

It does?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #71
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post
Out of place a bit I know but I recently started playing TEW 2007 again because I wanted to do Death of the Territories again. However I can not find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find DOTT or other TEW 2007 mods? Any help would be appreciated!

FWIW, I've got a zip file labeled DOTT135Data on my hard drive, 1,027kb
Also have a rar file labeled DOTT_v135 , 807kb

I can't remember if that's everything required or not, but if so I'd be happy to email those to you, just PM me an email addy if you want 'em.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #72
molson
General Manager

I just uploaded a jzip file here. I believe it's all there, just extract it into a new file in your TEW data file and you should be able to switch to it. I think one of my old saved games is in there too, but I don't think that impacts the database itself. If anything looks weird though, I'll try to upload a clean version.

dott.zip :: Free File Hosting - File Dropper: File Host for Mp3, Videos, Music, Documents.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:47 PM   #73
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Since my son is pretty much dying to buy this suddenly ... questions:

I've read how people did the multiple user character ("your" character) in order to run mutiple feds in an Alliance & to create a sort of workaround "fed" that served as the national / world titles (like an NWA overall vs NWA-Georgia or NWA-Tri State) ... would that same workaround finally allow us to have complete control of our developmental territories?

Or can you not form child relationships as a human owned company?
Old 07-16-2015, 12:04 AM   #74
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

I've read how people did the multiple user character ("your" character) in order to run mutiple feds in an Alliance & to create a sort of workaround "fed" that served as the national / world titles (like an NWA overall vs NWA-Georgia or NWA-Tri State) ... would that same workaround finally allow us to have complete control of our developmental territories?

You can actually create a development company for a cost. Make sure you grab the 1983 mod
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:09 AM   #75
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
You can actually create a development company for a cost. Make sure you grab the 1983 mod

K, we could create a development company that same way back in 2010 but it insisted on running itself independently. Did that change in 2013? If we create it can we now run it directly, hands-on?
Old 07-16-2015, 12:14 AM   #76
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I can't answer that question but I will say if you are looking at playing a company that runs story lines and angles and is traditionalist/se and that is how you play the game....the way this game calculates show grades is a complete game changer. That is probably my favorite new "feature" of this version.

If I were taking a shot at your question, I don't think it is possible for a user character to be employed by a child company. You would want to double check that.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:14 AM   #77
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
K, we could create a development company that same way back in 2010 but it insisted on running itself independently. Did that change in 2013? If we create it can we now run it directly, hands-on?

No you can not.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:20 AM   #78
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
No you can not.

And thus ends most of the interest I might have had. That, plus the great attempt-but-not-really Affiliate model, I'll just stick with the 2010 I'm 4-5 (game) years into and be fine.

Key phrase there, mostly likely, is MY interest. The kid is still gung ho to take a full blown crack at it. He's played older versions for several years now, so he's more than ready for it.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:28 AM   #79
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And thus ends most of the interest I might have had. That, plus the great attempt-but-not-really Affiliate model, I'll just stick with the 2010 I'm 4-5 (game) years into and be fine.

Key phrase there, mostly likely, is MY interest. The kid is still gung ho to take a full blown crack at it. He's played older versions for several years now, so he's more than ready for it.

I think it is the biggest upgrade since EWR to TEW fwiw and I felt like the upgrade to 2010 was a waste of money (even if I did buy it like 3 times).

The way the show ratings are calculated make it impossible for me to go back.

Old way: Match Rating Portion = % of card matches (70% ME, 20% Co ME, 10% rest of card) Angle Portion = % of card angles (total average of all angles).

New way: Match portion is the same. Angle portion = % of card angles (70% top rated angle, 20% 2nd highest angle, 10% everything else).

Means you can now heavily include mid card angles on A shows with basically no penalty. You can also simulate Feds with really popular/entertaining guys who can't wrestle by putting them in 2 highly rated angles per show and cranking up the angle %. Best change the series has made in quite some time IMO.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:34 AM   #80
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Guys don't take huge popularity losses if they don't take the pinfall in tag/multiman matches anymore either. Which is extremely nice as well. Those are the big two for me. The other changes are nice but those are two I've been waiting a long time to see.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:48 AM   #81
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Guys don't take huge popularity losses if they don't take the pinfall in tag/multiman matches anymore either. Which is extremely nice as well. Those are the big two for me. The other changes are nice but those are two I've been waiting a long time to see.

I went through the change list pretty extensively, there were a few little things I did like. For example tag team experience now counts when that team is part of a larger tag match (say a 3v3 or 4v4).

Aside from the ratings calculation change -- which I agree is extremely significant -- so many of the changes really seemed to go toward helping either mod makers (which I'm not one of, I just play 'em) and things like regens which I've even gotten to (hell, it's taken me how long to just book 500 shows and play out 3-4 years in game?) that I just don't feel compelled to walk away from the '10 game I'm so deep into.

I've had more fun playing basically as Scrooge McDuck in a nearly sandbox universe (main roster over 100 guys, nearly that many more across 2 developmentals) than I've ever had with the series to date.

If the kid buys it I might tinker around with another fed when his laptop is idle just to see the new mechanics in action but, dammit, I would like to actually finally kill off WWE once & for all before leaving that '10 universe
Old 07-16-2015, 02:21 AM   #82
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I wouldn't want to give up that long of a save either. I lost my last long save to a hard drive crash (lost my SSD ) and I'm currently over a year into my current game. That being said, don't underestimate the profound effect of the change to the show rating. Biggest change for me since ERW -> TEW. Been calling for something like this since the TEW series came into existence.

I did go back to EW 9000 a while ago for a month or so. That was the game that started it all for me. Was interesting to go back to it. The roster made me feel old, but not as old as a Mick Foley interview where he mentions how long ago hell in a cell took place.

Completely off topic, I met him last year for the first time while he was on his comedy tour. He's basically the nicest celebrity I have ever had the pleasure of personally interacting with. He offered a picture which I declined. What the hell would I do with a picture? It was worth it for the handshake and the 2 minutes of conversation.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #83
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

TEW 2016 announced for a Q2 release! I'm looking forward to seeing what additions are going to be coming.