Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2004, 10:00 AM   #51
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
Anyone else find the highlighted line troubling and out of place?

Troubling. Most definitely. Out of place? Unfortunately not really.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:37 AM   #52
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Yup, that line made me shake my head. But that's America these days...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:13 PM   #53
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

That jumped out at me as well. Something's wrong with that guy to even think about selling that on ebay.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:39 PM   #54
Lorena
Unregistered

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Info has been spotty all day, but as far as I now know, Vinnie may not have been shot, or at least, is alright. Earlier, there were reports that DP's singer was also killed, but that doesn't appear to be the case now.

Just read this on the anthrax website. I momentarily forgot how big a fan Darrell was of King's X (yet another reason I will miss him):

Charlie Benante on Dime:

WHY??????

Dimebag brought the life out of everyone he met, why would anyone take his????

My phone has been ringing off the hook, everyone asking if it was true?

I didn't want to accept the reality, HOW COULD DARRELL BE GONE?

I just saw him! and just listened to the message he left me today.

I loved him, he was a true Friend. The phone calls in the middle of the night , talking about this and that. Playing KINGS X or KISS licks over the phone. I remember this one time we were both going through these anxiety attacks. I never had them, nor did he. We were talking about how we stopped them. I quit drinking alcohol and coffee and he said that he started drinking MORE ALCOHOL! HAHAHA, that was him. I had some great times with him, he always put you in a good mood, DAMMIT! What the feck is wrong with people?? How the feck does someone get into a club with a loaded gun, HOW?? WHY??

I thought for a minute about this - John Lennon was murdered the same way on the same DAY, some strange coincidence? (sorry, I'm delirious right now)

This guy didn't wait till after the show , he did it on stage. How feck horrific. All those people freaking out, watching this happen. This will change things for the music world. It won't be the same vibe at shows... this is scary.

Dime was special, those who knew him would attest to that....

My heart goes out to Vinnie and Rita as well as the others who were injured.

Go play your PANTERA cd's or your Damage Plan cd

Remember him for his music and his guitar playing, he was the best!

I love you Bro, I'll miss your face
give him a double
whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

cryin' and sobbin' - CB

Oh man, this gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:40 PM   #55
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
That jumped out at me as well. Something's wrong with that guy to even think about selling that on ebay.

How incredibly sick and demented... whose to say what he even wrote is true?
Old 12-10-2004, 03:52 PM   #56
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
How incredibly sick and demented... whose to say what he even wrote is true?

I don't know. Whenever something like that turns up after something like this, my first instict is to not trust it as authentic.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 04:22 PM   #57
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- The man who shot former Pantera guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and three other men to death at a nightclub was obsessed with the heavy metal band and made bizarre accusations against the group, a one-time friend said.

Nathan Gale apparently believed Pantera musicians were trying to steal his identity and the lyrics to songs he had written, former friend Jeramie Brey told The Columbus Dispatch in Friday's editions.

Gale, 25, charged the stage Wednesday at a show by Abbott's new band, Damageplan, and gunned down four people including Abbott before a police officer shot him to death. Two others were wounded.

Investigators said they may never know Gale's motive. Some witnesses said he yelled accusations that the influential heavy metal guitarist broke up Pantera, but police had not verified those reports.

Brey and former friend Dave Johnson said they had become frightened by Gale's behavior and distanced themselves from him several years ago. By that time, Johnson said, Gale had begun talking and laughing to himself and once appeared to be holding an imaginary dog.

"He used to be Pantera's No. 1 fan and has liked them for as long as I've known him," Johnson told the newspaper. "After a while something happened. He just kind of snapped. He went from being a cool guy to being a guy you didn't want to be around."

Johnson said he met Gale, known as Nate, in the late 1990s through a mutual friend in their hometown of Marysville, about 25 miles northwest of Columbus. They shared a love of rock music, held jam sessions and attended concerts together.

Brey recalled that Gale once showed up at his house with some songs he had written, but the words appeared to be copied from Pantera. Gale told Brey he planned to sue Pantera over the lyrics and for stealing his identity.

An imposing figure at 6-foot-3, Gale had made people uneasy at a Marysville tattoo parlor, staring and locking them into conversations about heavy metal music.

When he played offensive line for the semi-pro Lima Thunder football team, he psyched himself up before games by piping Pantera music into his headphones, coach Mark Green said.

"He seemed like a normal guy you would meet any other day," said Anthony Bundy, 20, who lived on the same block as Gale. "He was a keep-to-yourself type of person. He was real quiet."

Hours before the shootings, Gale got into an argument with a worker at the tattoo studio over some equipment he wanted the studio to order for him. He later angrily walked out of the shop.

The worker, Bo Toler, said he thought Gale had come to the tattoo parlor because he wanted somebody to hang out with. "I just thought he was quiet. I thought he had low-self esteem because of his thick glasses," Toler said.

Gale had had minor run-ins with police since 1997 but wasn't considered a troublemaker, authorities said.

He served in the Marines in North Carolina until November 2003, when he was discharged after less than half of the typical four-year stint, Marine spokeswoman Gunnery Sgt. Kristine Scarber said. She declined to explain the discharge, citing privacy rules.

Gale's mother, Mary Clark, did not return phone messages seeking comment.

The violence at the Alrosa Villa club came just after the opening chords by Texas-based Damageplan, the band formed by Abbott and his brother, drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, after they left Pantera. Gale dodged two band members, grabbed Darrell Abbott and shot him at least five times in the head, witnesses and police said.

In less than five minutes, Gale had also killed Erin Halk, 29, a club employee who loaded band equipment; fan Nathan Bray, 23; and band bodyguard Jeff Thompson, 40.

Two other band employees, tour manager Chris Paluska and drum technician John Brooks, remained hospitalized Friday with bullet wounds. Paluska was listed in serious condition and Brooks in good condition.

Vinnie Paul Abbott thanked fans for their support in a statement the band released Friday.

"With all his greatness and accomplishments on the guitar, DIME will be missed more for his giving personality, charisma, caring for others, love and most of all his HEART!! Twice as big as the state of TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!," Abbott said.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:18 PM   #58
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

To offer a lay opinion, it looks to me as though Gale was suffering from something along the lines of paranoia or schizophrenia, and I think it's sad that his friends walked away without trying to get him some help.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 03:54 PM   #59
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
yeah, I know about that - they had 4 "hair band" albums in the 80's on a small label (3 of which were with a different singer). Most people consider "Cowboys" to be their "true" debut.

splitting hairs, I guess. Ignore me.

No, I'm with you. I think ultimately declaring them a "big 80's rock band" is a ridiclulous description. 99.999% of people who know of them only heard of them from their proper releases (which as you stated, didn't even start until 1990).
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:57 PM   #60
DeToxRox
Head Coach

http://nbc4i.feedroom.com/index.jsp?...a6f4786db65316

Video of it all happening.

Can't see anyone get hit but you can hear shots and such.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:59 PM   #61
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Holy shit. You can hear the actual gunshots? Can you like tell what kind of gun and stuff it is?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #62
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Holy shit. You can hear the actual gunshots? Can you like tell what kind of gun and stuff it is?

Its a crazy video. You see the gun go off once. Hearing the people talk is weird..

"He has to be out of ammo"

"Oh man, he just reloaded"

Then you hear the shooter get shot and drop.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #63
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Hard to believe it has been 4 years.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #64
JeeberD
General Manager

Moved out of archives per request...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #65
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Dimebag Darrel died?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #66
Lorena
Unregistered

Wow, it's been 4 years already? It's days like the one I'm having today when I crank up Pantera songs to get me outta my funk. Songs like this one.:

Man those are some sick guitar riffs.

Last edited by Lorena : 12-09-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #67
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Cranking up some Cowboys From Hell on the 10 year anniversary of his death.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:49 PM   #68
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

10 years? Dafuq? I listen to Pantera on a daily basis. Rock on \m/(>.<)\m/
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #69
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I was just reading about Dimebag's favorite songs. I didn't realize it was the 10th anniversary of his death. Must mean I'm getting old if 10 years goes by that quick.

Getcha' pull!
Old 12-09-2014, 12:05 AM   #70
Suicane75
Coordinator

I know it's 10 years after the fact, and to those who were offended I'm nothing more than a screen name, but shit man, I'm sorry for my post.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #71
cartman
Death Herald

The story of how DD ended up buried with one of Eddie Van Halen's guitar's.

“Dime was an original, he deserves the original” —Eddie Van Halen on Dimebag Darrell | Van Halen News Desk