Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Smile Out of the Park Baseball 14 & iOOTP Baseball 2013 (iOS) now on sale.

Hey guys,

we have just started our annual World Series Special, meaning that we have dropped the price of OOTP 14 to just $19.99. So, if you do not have a copy yet, this is the right time to get it.

That's not all, iOOTP Baseball 2013 for iOS is now just $0.99, and we lowered the price for the historical season bundles (available via in-app purchase) as well.

And in more news, we have just launched the complete redesign of our websites. Our designer Daniela and web develper Nic have been hard at work the past weeks, and this is the result.

You can find more info about all this in our latest newsletter here:

OOTP Baseball World Series Special: OOTP 14 is 50% Off; iOOTP 2013 is $0.99!

Thanks for reading

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn : 10-21-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Johnny93g
College Starter

Hey Marcus

You should try and visit some of the onlines OOTP leagues, and take a look at their rules section.

There are so many legacy issues, that never get addressed. Doing this might clue you into these annoying issues that are so bad, leagues need to address them to make the game function in a way that doesn't kill a league!
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Hey Marcus

You should try and visit some of the onlines OOTP leagues, and take a look at their rules section.

There are so many legacy issues, that never get addressed. Doing this might clue you into these annoying issues that are so bad, leagues need to address them to make the game function in a way that doesn't kill a league!

If you can PM me with exactly what you mean, then I'll be able to look into this. Online leagues often use house rules, but that's just natural because no game can feature all the different rule variations certain leagues require.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
If you can PM me with exactly what you mean, then I'll be able to look into this. Online leagues often use house rules, but that's just natural because no game can feature all the different rule variations certain leagues require.

No online leagues typically HAVE to make house rules because your game is broke and you are unwilling to listen to us when we tell you so.

Considering I've bought every version of OOTP since 4 and that I have helped in the running of the RWBL and not the PCJBL for over 10 years I think I have room to confidently say this.

Although the game has improved year after year there are always issues that continue from version to version, even though we hear they are working. I know for a fact that you specifically say two of our LARGEST problems don't or shouldn't happen. But we told you they do (team options and issues with signing young players). What do we have to gain by lying and tell you it happens? I would consider 26-30 PAYING game owners deserve at least a little bit more attention considering that is $500-1000 of revenue every year.

Please tell us what more we can provide to prove to you these issues occur, since evidently they shouldn't be happening.

Last edited by DanGarion : 10-21-2013 at 01:14 PM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
No online leagues typically HAVE to make house rules because your game is broke and you are unwilling to listen to us when we tell you so.

Considering I've bought every version of OOTP since 4 and that I have helped in the running of the RWBL and not the PCJBL for over 10 years I think I have room to confidently say this.

Although the game has improved year after year there are always issues that continue from version to version, even though we hear they are working. I know for a fact that you specifically say two of our LARGEST problems don't or shouldn't happen. But we told you they do (team options and issues with signing young players). What do we have to gain by lying and tell you it happens? I would consider 26-30 PAYING game owners deserve at least a little bit more attention considering that is $500-1000 of revenue every year.

Please tell us what more we can provide to prove to you these issues occur, since evidently they shouldn't be happening.

It's simple. If you provide me the league file and specific examples I can dig into it and see why certain issues are happening in your leagues. Keep in mind that I can only do this for OOTP 14 leagues, since every year I fix / improve tons of stuff and thus cannot really comment on previous versions.

And please do not say things like "you don't care / listen". This is simply not the case. I cannot tell you how often I have helped online leagues with issues that were caused by some weird settings / actions that were user errors and messed up the files. This is always something that requires a lot of time, but I do this because I indeed care for our customers and online leagues obviously. Same thing apply to general game behavior. If issues are properly reported then they get added to my bug database and I fix the issue if I am able to reproduce them.