Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Pokemon Cards

Sooo..I know nothing about these at all. But they've been requested as a gift and I'd like to fulfill said request. I'm going to have to order online. Anyone in the know here want to advise a noob on this one?

I know the kid only has like 10 cards right now that he got randomly from people, so not even a full deck yet or whatever. But my knowledge is super limited.

Thanks.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
Mota
College Benchwarmer

You can start iwth a theme deck if they want to play the game. It has a pre-built deck in the package.

If they are looking to collect, the tins are great because they usually have a rare card in each one that's in fairly high demand.

My son only collects, it drives me crazy since he knows the rare cards and has no interest in common cards. It's not unusual for me to spend $5, he rips through the cards in about 20 seconds and says "eh, they all sucked".
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, you can get "starter deck" type stuff as Mota said. Or if you have a hobby shop nearby, you might try a starter deck + one or two "special" cards (as in, rarer but more expensive). You can get them online, too, but you want to ensure you get it from someplace reputable. I'd suggest some of the places that came to PAX...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote