Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #151
Racer
College Benchwarmer

So it looks like it's probably going to be a final 2 since the final episode of the season will have 4 people left and since it would be an even number of people on the jury if it was a final 3.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #152
General Mike
Pro Starter

People want Survivor DVDs?
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #153
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Even number jury with a final 3 really doesn't mean much about having a final 3 or final 2. The the number of episodes left, however, does seem to point towards a final 2 since I believe they usually have 3 tribals during that last show.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #154
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: Maybe almost having a tie last season made them decide to go back to a final 2.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #155
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
dola: Maybe almost having a tie last season made them decide to go back to a final 2.

What are you talking about? Last season was a 7-2-0 result. The seasons before that were 6-3-0 and 8-1-0. The closest they've been to a tie was in Fans vs. Favorites when they had a 8 jury members and 2 finalists which ended in a 5-3 result.

I don't think they'd do 8 jury members with a final 3 because the votes are still almost always between two people and a tie would still be highly likely. In the 10 seasons they've had three finalists, only once have all three received a vote.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 AM   #156
korme
Go Reds

So... how about Malcolm's brother being crazy strung on coke?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #157
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

or how about when Denise's spouse came out and my wife and I exchanged a look and said "wait, it's a guy?"
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #158
Suicane75
Coordinator

Unfortunately Penner being gone really changes the dynamic of the show for the worse. Luckily it's only a few more weeks till the end so it's ok but Lisas constant struggle and ramblings about faith and this is right and this is a game is just getting insufferable.

I think at this point the best bet is to try and take Malcolm AND Denise and hope they split votes, assuming it's a 3 person final. The last thing you'd want to do if you're Lisa or Skupin is to take Abi and one of Denise or Malcolm.

If it's a two person final then Abi is the obvious way to go for everyone involved.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #159
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I've enjoyed this season quite a bit. It's the first in a while where there wasn't this one group controlling everything and just picking off lemmings one by one. Ever since the merge, it's been pretty fluid IMO and while not all votes have been shockers, there's definitely been some surprises. It seems like more people are playing the game this year, which is good. The tribals have been entertaining and overall the cast has been pretty likable.

Abi's bullshit has definitely worn on me, of course and yes, Lisa's struggles are a bit tired, but they are nothing like that crazy Hantz kid that dragged on forever. Overall, I'm enjoying this season.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:46 AM   #160
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Love it how they say God doesn't care about this game and that he knows it's a game and then they get all huffy when that God saved malcolm and don't understand it. that's faith for ya.

why didn't they go after Denise actually?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #161
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Unfortunately Penner being gone really changes the dynamic of the show for the worse. Luckily it's only a few more weeks till the end so it's ok but Lisas constant struggle and ramblings about faith and this is right and this is a game is just getting insufferable.

I think at this point the best bet is to try and take Malcolm AND Denise and hope they split votes, assuming it's a 3 person final. The last thing you'd want to do if you're Lisa or Skupin is to take Abi and one of Denise or Malcolm.

If it's a two person final then Abi is the obvious way to go for everyone involved.

Yeah bad about psenner but I can't wait for his venomous comments sliced with his sharp tongue!

excellent thoughts about the malcolm and denise situation and final 3

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 12-07-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #162
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Thought it was kinda crappy that Malcolm basically let Lisa and Skupin spend more time with their loved ones and it turned into a plotting session against him.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #163
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Thought it was kinda crappy that Malcolm basically let Lisa and Skupin spend more time with their loved ones and it turned into a plotting session against him.

Yeah, that kind of sucked. I actually want to see Malcolm and Denise in the final two (or two of the final three) as it would be a great underdog story.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #164
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You guys realize of course that Abi is now *shudder* the swing vote...
Old 12-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #165
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
You guys realize of course that Abi is now *shudder* the swing vote...

Nothing like giving a psycho that much power...
Old 12-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #166
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
or how about when Denise's spouse came out and my wife and I exchanged a look and said "wait, it's a guy?"

Totally!

I'm really pulling for Malcolm to win this thing as he is the most deserving contestant left with Denise a close second.

Glad he won the immunity challenge as I don't think he plays the idol going into that tribal.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 12-08-2012 at 10:20 AM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #167
General Mike
Pro Starter

Penner was great.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #168
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

yup. I expected that. Malcolm was a whiney bitch and that surprised me. YEt he still voted for Denise. Kind of shocked it was such a landslide.

But with the old members of their tribe being little babies about it since THEY wanted to vote Skup and Lisa out none of them would vote Skup/Lisa.

It's a shame Malcolm turned on Denise so quickly. GLad she saw it coming.

A Malcolm/Denise/Lisa final 3 could have been interesting but Malcolm probably would have won.

Malcolm/Denise/Skupin...um....Maybe Denise as well?
Or Malcolm.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #169
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I was rooting for Malcolm, although would have been happy with almost any of the last 6 or so. But his spoiled bitch act made me really glad he didn't win. That definitely took me by surprise.

also surprised that Denise's horrible jury speech ("I was better than all of you losers") didn't cost her the win.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #170
Joe
Pro Starter

Possibly the worst FTC performance by a winner ever.

Also can't believe Lisa won the fan vote. WTF.

Hope they bring in Tootie to be on next season.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #171
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Malcolm really misread his alliance didn't he? If he had stuck with Denise, chances are the 2 of them would have made the final 3 with Skupin. Interesting thing is that when Jeff asked who would have voted for Malcolm if he had reached the final 3, only 2 pple put up their hands, though I suspect that was with hindsight and the passing of time.

Really thought Denise shot herself in the foot with her responses. She came off arrogant and condescending and she was lucky that the jury really didn't like Skupin and Lisa.

Can't believe Lisa is fan favourite but my wife thinks that's more of a Christian vote.

Thought Jefff was excellent at the tribal council as well.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #172
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Malcom is in next season from what I heard.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #173
General Mike
Pro Starter

List I found of returning players, Not sure I know who any of them are

Spoiler
Old 12-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #174
Thomkal
Head Coach

I really hope you are wrong about the second from the bottom. You would think CBS would have learned their lesson there.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #175
Kodos
Resident Alien

I could do without Brandon Hantz. But at least no Colton. So I can watch.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #176
Joe
Pro Starter

Must be a list of producers favorites and not fan favorites. Hantz and Phillip? Really? Also bringing back someone that was voted off first doesn't scream favorite to me.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #177
Joe
Pro Starter

Also, after the Big Brother debacle, I'd think CBS would be done with the Hantz family by now. Although, I guess this next season probably was filmed over the summer per usual so that hadn't happened yet.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #178
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Agree. Actually Corinne is the closest thing to Colton amongst all past Survivors. I can watch with her on, but just barely. She is a terrible person.

As for the finale, way to go Denise -- no masterminds or great players on this season but I do think the best player won. I disagree about her jury speech, the unapologetic non-ass-kissing was fantastic. I've been wanting to see that for years, she's like the Bulworth of Survivor or something.

Kudos to the jury for not being too bitter -- except Penner. I give this lecture every season, but memo to all survivors: There will never be another Sue Hawk. You're all trying too hard. Just please stop.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #179
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I thought overall was a fun season, had a bit of everything while nothing to over the top ( Colton, young Hanz) and I really didn't know who was going to win. I gained a ton of admiration for Lisas response to Penner selling her out.

I haven't watched the reunion show yet, can't wait to see peoples reaction to Jeff Kent.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #180
Suicane75
Coordinator

Penner is who I thought he was. I still enjoy watching him but I didn't buy his schtick at all. Sometimes I think we overthink the final jury. We knew Denise or Malcolm would win if they went.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #181
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Also, after the Big Brother debacle, I'd think CBS would be done with the Hantz family by now. Although, I guess this next season probably was filmed over the summer per usual so that hadn't happened yet.

Tell me more.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #182
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I thought overall was a fun season, had a bit of everything while nothing to over the top ( Colton, young Hanz) and I really didn't know who was going to win. I gained a ton of admiration for Lisas response to Penner selling her out.

I haven't watched the reunion show yet, can't wait to see peoples reaction to Jeff Kent.

yeah i didn't expect her to fire back! but I'm SOOO glad Penner did that. It drove me crazy that no one said it!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #183
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Agree. Actually Corinne is the closest thing to Colton amongst all past Survivors. I can watch with her on, but just barely. She is a terrible person.

As for the finale, way to go Denise -- no masterminds or great players on this season but I do think the best player won. I disagree about her jury speech, the unapologetic non-ass-kissing was fantastic. I've been wanting to see that for years, she's like the Bulworth of Survivor or something.

Kudos to the jury for not being too bitter -- except Penner. I give this lecture every season, but memo to all survivors: There will never be another Sue Hawk. You're all trying too hard. Just please stop.

I agree I thought Denise's tribal was great. She didn't stammer and flipflop. She did a "tell it like it is" response which is a good stance. Michael stammered and went into outer space on tribal I think he totally lost it one tribal. And Lisa was just bad with her responses of "My brother told me this is just a game" and "her too sensitive stuff. That never goes down well especially with people from her tribe. If she'd have been more ruthless to the people from her tribe she may have gotten more respect, but she went for the "honor and who I am" route. I didn't know who would win. THought Skupin would be a good chance but Denise definitely did well.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #184
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

exactly my thought
Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #185
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Tell me more.

Russell's brother was on BB this summer and, as expected, was a complete assclown. he got kicked off the show after getting into a fight with one of the other contestants. as an added bonus, he got arrested a week later for DUI
Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #186
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Congrats to Denise for the win. As long as it was Malcolm or Denise, Mrs. Mota and I would be happy.

I really loved the final tribal council speech from Denise, she came out with supreme confidence, told everybody she wasn't going to cower or apologize like so many past contestants have.
Although of course she ends up apologizing to Abby for being mean.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #187
timmynausea
College Starter

It's funny. I think the producers try their best to edit things to show the winner in a positive light, especially toward the end of the season, but I agree with those that thought Denise was awful in the final tribal council. She has the opposite of charisma. Just my opinion, though.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #188
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

I actually thought Lisa did a pretty good job responding to the jury. I've never liked Penner at all, but I was starting to come around on him until his "question" to the jury - total douche. Hope he's not on any future shows.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote