Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Moving back to Cinci...Cinci...Cinci...

For those I am friends with on facebook please don't comment there.

My wife got offered a promotion with her company and we have decided to move back to Cincinnati. We could not be happier. We'll be heading back Dec. 1st.

I am beyond ready to get out of Seattle, this city and its politics are so out of control I really can't stand living here anymore.

Excited to be moving to the midwest. Cost of living is cheaper and we will be moving from a 2 bedroom condo in the city, that was spacious and nice but that we have outgrown, to a 4-5 bedroom house with a large yard. Now we just need to find that house. We come out for a house hunting trip in a few weeks. We are looking at houses in Anderson, Mason, Evendale, Symmes, Blue Ash, Montgomery, Madeira, and a few others. We will also be a car ride away from our families in Jersey, so we can make the trip home for long weekends, etc...

The only small worry is my company doesn't have any positions out there for me right now so I have to hope something comes available in the next couple of months, which it should.

Anyway, going to be a busy few months getting ready, but all in all looking forward to it!

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
cougarfreak
College Starter

They have some pretty sweet market homes for sale in my neighborhood, and they are super energy efficient. I'm right by the airport over in Kentucky. If you're interested, let me know.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
They have some pretty sweet market homes for sale in my neighborhood, and they are super energy efficient. I'm right by the airport over in Kentucky. If you're interested, let me know.

Thanks for the heads up but assuming my company finds me a job it would be in Sharonville so that would be a really long commute.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the heads up but assuming my company finds me a job it would be in Sharonville so that would be a really long commute.
Cool. Maybe we can hit up some high school football or Reds games sometime.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Cool. Maybe we can hit up some high school football or Reds games sometime.

Always down for a Reds game, love that stadium.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Always down for a Reds game, love that stadium.

We went down this past Wednesday as my father-in-law landed tickets through his work. (Pepsi) Needless to say, they were awesome seats. Less awesome were the people around us. Drunk college kids behind us, people in front of us constantly standing and sitting, standing and sitting, etc.

Nobody seems to go to actually watch the game anymore. It's like a party now.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
Kodos
Resident Alien

Man.... I don't think so.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Thread title should have been:

Baby, If you ever wondered
Wondered, whatever became of me...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

Where's Loni Anderson when you need her?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #10
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Cool - congrats to the Mrs. on her promotion!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #11
PilotMan
Head Coach

Why hasn't there been a Cinci FOFC Meet up? Seems like there's enough of us that live there.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
korme
Go Reds

YEAH BUDDY WHO DEY
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #13
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:

I am beyond ready to get out of Seattle, this city and its politics are so out of control I really can't stand living here anymore.

Congrats on the promotion and the move!

Don't mean to threadjack--but what's wrong with Seattle?

I just got a promotion at work and will be moving there in early November.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #14
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Over/under of 12 months until Latham complains about sporting events starting too late at night.

Better move for the kids and yard, etc. Massive downgrade on culture.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #15
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So you think Cincy's politics are good? Well, get ready for round the clock ultraconservative talk radio. But enjoy the yummy skyline chili dogs.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
So you think Cincy's politics are good? Well, get ready for round the clock ultraconservative talk radio. But enjoy the yummy skyline chili dogs.

And that Downtown is a giant hole of suckiness.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I always enjoy making the 30-40 minute drive to a Reds game. But then again that is a whole different atmosphere than actually living there as I am always on the river and in the Newport/Covington area.

And I live in Springboro so I'm comparing it to Dayton, so..
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats dude, but I can't imagine a universe where moving from Seattle and the West Coast to Cincinnati is a good thing - different strokes, different folks I guess.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #19
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Congrats on the promotion and the move!

Don't mean to threadjack--but what's wrong with Seattle?

I just got a promotion at work and will be moving there in early November.

I just cant stand how welcoming the city is of vagrants/ bums. My section of the city has over 50 busted up old RVs with people living on the street in them. You can't go to a public park without seeing groups of them getting drunk/going to the bathroom/doing drugs and drug deals. Every street corner has someone with a sign on it begging for money. The city continues to allow people to live in tent cities. Many of these people are sex offenders, most have no motivation to better their situation, they live the homeless lifestyle, and the city supports that, which attracts more.

I don't want to come off as harsh because I feel bad for the people who are down on their luck and need the support, I'm talking about the other group, the more vocal, visable group. I am tired of taking my son for walks and someone being passed out in every doorway, and I live in a nice part of town.

Also, prepare to be treated like a villain if you drive a car. It is the mayors goal for everyone to ride a bicycle.

Seattle just has a "feel" to it, you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Over/under of 12 months until Latham complains about sporting events starting too late at night.

Better move for the kids and yard, etc. Massive downgrade on culture.

I already am hating that, I love the fact sports are on earlier. It certainly is a down grade in culture, but right now with having a young family I value the other stuff more. With no family here and a 2.5 year old we don't really have a chance to enjoy the culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Congrats dude, but I can't imagine a universe where moving from Seattle and the West Coast to Cincinnati is a good thing - different strokes, different folks I guess.

Cinci is a pretty good place to raise a family. We will have a nice house and yard and be a lot closer to our families. Seattle feels so isolated, especially since I grew up on the east coast.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #20
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I always enjoy making the 30-40 minute drive to a Reds game. But then again that is a whole different atmosphere than actually living there as I am always on the river and in the Newport/Covington area.

And I live in Springboro so I'm comparing it to Dayton, so..

You live in Springboro no kidding ha
Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #21
Butter
Coordinator

I live just north of Springboro (about a mile north of the small airport, technically in Miami Twp.). Sounds like it is almost time for a Springboro meetup.

Should note that I also work in Sharonville.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #22
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I live just north of Springboro (about a mile north of the small airport, technically in Miami Twp.). Sounds like it is almost time for a Springboro meetup.

Should note that I also work in Sharonville.

Springboro? Really? Of all the places between here and there Springboro? HAHA.

Like Steam?

Old 09-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #23
cody8200
High School Varsity

I like visiting Cincy but prefer Indianapolis. I would never want to raise my kids on the west coast. I've been out there quite a bit over the years. Fun to visit, not too stay.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
korme
Go Reds

I'm here in Centerville.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #25
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post

Yeah, who needs the sun anyways

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #26
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So we bought a house in Madeira last week, pretty excited about the community. It is much larger than our condo so my son will have a lot of room. 4 bedrooms, finished basement, 2 car garage and a nice yard on a quiet street. Will be a big difference from city living. I can't wait.

Someone is on the way to look at out house here in a little bit. We just listed it yesterday so that makes me really optimistic. Would be nice to sell it quick and not have to worry.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #27
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'd guess he means nothing to do. I like it here. Close to the two cities but still fairly small. Night life is awful though. Unless I haven't found the bar yet.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #28
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yeah, I'd love to have a Cincy get together at the Levee or BW's for football one day, but Springboro is just in between anything. My mother in law lived there for a while, nothing against it unless we plan on doing dinner theater.

Like Steam?

Old 10-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #29
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm up for beers when I get into town
Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #30
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Yeah, I'd love to have a Cincy get together at the Levee or BW's for football one day, but Springboro is just in between anything. My mother in law lived there for a while, nothing against it unless we plan on doing dinner theater.

I'm up for that. Include me in any PM's.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #31
Subby
lolzcat

My sister live in a Northern Kentucky suburb of Cincy. That have a redonkulous huge house that wasn't pricey at all. They really like it there.

Congrats and good luck!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
My sister live in a Northern Kentucky suburb of Cincy. That have a redonkulous huge house that wasn't pricey at all. They really like it there.

Congrats and good luck!

Thanks!

You can find some crazy houses in N. KY. We were considering that but decided we didn't want a ton of space with a small family. We still ended up with 2700 sq feet plus 800 sq foot basement but there are some places there that run 4K easily.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #33
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
So we bought a house in Madeira last week, pretty excited about the community. It is much larger than our condo so my son will have a lot of room. 4 bedrooms, finished basement, 2 car garage and a nice yard on a quiet street. Will be a big difference from city living. I can't wait.

Someone is on the way to look at out house here in a little bit. We just listed it yesterday so that makes me really optimistic. Would be nice to sell it quick and not have to worry.

548 miles from bethlehem
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #34
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well the last 2.5 months have flown by like I thought they would. The movers are at my house right now and it is my last day in my office. My company is letting me transfer to the Sharonville locations doing the same job. I actually feel very fortunate since there were no openings that they took me. My state director called their state director and got me in.

Going to be a big change and I'll miss everone out here. Lots of good memories and good things happend out here but glad to be moving. It has been a little hard on my son, he gets he is leaving but doesn't really "get" it and had been a bit of a mess at times. Picking him up from daycare today will be tough on him I think. It is run by a woman out of her house and is more like family than anything. I think it will be hard for everyone, he has been quite attached to her. She had him spend the night last night and I think they both enjoyed it.

Anyway, I'm gettin nostalgic, tomorrow we are on a one way flight for better or worse.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #35
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Just stop it right now.

First you live in Seattle now you're talking about Sharonville. heh. Tis where my parents live and where I frequently visit. Are you seriously following me

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 11-30-2012 at 01:09 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote