Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-31-2003, 03:50 PM   #1
Dutch
"Dutch"

Questions for the eventual TCY update

With TCY needing a quick update for exporting to FOF2004, I figure now would be a good time to throw out some questions in case we can make TCY just a touch better.

1. I could swear AI head coaches use to move around from team to team in TCY. They don't in 1.2.

2. Also, none of my TE's have the ability to avoid fumbles....they are all between 0-10 in that rating.

3. Perhaps the academic algorythm could be adjusted so dramatic changes don't have to be done in the first 10 years...okay, that's a big stretch.

But #1 and 2 should be quick and easy to look at!

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:56 PM   #2
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Questions for the eventual TCY update

Quote:
Originally posted by Dutch
With TCY needing a quick update for exporting to FOF2004, I figure now would be a good time to throw out some questions in case we can make TCY just a touch better.

1. I could swear AI head coaches use to move around from team to team in TCY. They don't in 1.2.

as far as #1 goes, i do see coaches oving around from team to team.........not a bunch every year, but i will see 6-8 coaching changes happen in a year every few years....and then maybe go a couple years with none or only 1-2....
Old 10-31-2003, 04:04 PM   #3
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Re: Questions for the eventual TCY update

Quote:
Originally posted by Dutch
3. Perhaps the academic algorythm could be adjusted so dramatic changes don't have to be done in the first 10 years...okay, that's a big stretch.
I would just suggest that the Academic ratings only count the last 10 seasons or so...I don't think it weighs every season the same in 1.2, but once you get 50 years into a dynasty, there's minimal fluctuarion in Academic ratings.

There could be more modifications done as to limit the dominance of the inital high academic schools, but that would probably take more than what would go into a compatibility patch.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:08 PM   #4
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

I believe Jim has previously addressed the TE fumble issue. I think he stated that the relatively small number of touches for TEs results in generally much lower fumble ratings.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:17 PM   #5
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Re: Questions for the eventual TCY update

Quote:
Originally posted by VPI97
I would just suggest that the Academic ratings only count the last 10 seasons or so...I don't think it weighs every season the same in 1.2, but once you get 50 years into a dynasty, there's minimal fluctuarion in Academic ratings.

There could be more modifications done as to limit the dominance of the inital high academic schools, but that would probably take more than what would go into a compatibility patch.

There are limited flucuations later into a career, i agree. But when it comes to the "users" team you can still move a team up and down, same goes for your former team. I switched from Wake Forest to Pitt after 40 years and was able to get Pitt in the top ten for academics after about 10 years, while my former team slid from #1 down to about 30 in the same time.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:22 PM   #6
Dutch
"Dutch"

My settings are for me not to be fired, and I have coaching movement set to "low" (which is ideal for careers over 30 years).

15 years into a career, no coaches have moved. Not even a Sol 8 guy who is 16-150.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:33 AM   #7
Taur
High School Varsity

Dutch are you also saying that after 30 years you have not been offered another job?
Old 11-01-2003, 06:07 AM   #8
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

If that option is turned off, coaches don't move. Didn't think of that when you originally asked the question - it's been a long time since I've even looked at the code.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:18 AM   #9
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Re: Re: Re: Questions for the eventual TCY update

Quote:
Originally posted by Cringer
There are limited flucuations later into a career, i agree. But when it comes to the "users" team you can still move a team up and down, same goes for your former team. I switched from Wake Forest to Pitt after 40 years and was able to get Pitt in the top ten for academics after about 10 years, while my former team slid from #1 down to about 30 in the same time.
I've seen the same thing when it comes to user controlled teams and the teams I've left, but I was thinking more in regards to CPU controlled teams. It would be nice to have more variety in who is the team to beat. For instance, in my 50 year career, Maryland has never had less than a 10 win season....while Duke and Wake Forest are always 2-3 in the ACC.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 01:38 PM   #10
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I wish the "lock" button in the depth chart screen could be added like it was for FOF2004. I have wanted this feature for a looooong time.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote