Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2003, 03:32 AM   #1
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Rain . . .

I'm a big fan of rain. I get my best sleep when it's raining. I think it's the sound of the raindrops or something. When awake, there are few more comforting times than just curling up under a big ol' comforter with an interesting book. Strangely enough, I even like the feel of raindrops on me when I'm out and about, particularly when I don't have to worry about having my possession become wet. But I can honestly say that, in my time on this mudball we call Earth, I have NEVER been as happy to see, hear or feel rain as I am this time.

Hopefully, this gives the wonderful firefighters a bit of a boost so they can finish their task, go home and get their deserved rest.

daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:10 AM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

I like rain too and fall asleep easier when there's a little rain going on. Wind, though...if it's raining and windy, I can't sleep. Seen too many horror movies where the wind destroys windows.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:19 AM   #3
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

One of my favorite ways to spend an evening is in my old recliner - the one banished to the library - with a good book . All the better if there's a good soaking rain.

Part of our baby book includes a list of all the novels we read during my wife's pregnancy. I read 37. I have not read a single book since.

I'm very much looking forward to having some time to read again.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 10:14 AM   #4
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I can't read. That makes participating on a message board very difficult. I am a fighter.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:28 AM   #5
Dutch
"Dutch"

Being in Turkey and California for 11 years, I almost forgot what rain was.....it's rained about 10 days since I've been in Louisiana...I went to get my truck inspected and the guy says, "hit your wipers".....and I couldn't find them! He reached in and started them for me, and I've had that truck for 8 years!

Yeah, I like rain, I like thunder, but I don't like lightning....gotta turn the computer off for that...
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote