Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2003, 06:36 PM   #1
BigDPW
College Prospect

Question Anyone Played Battlefield 1942- Secret Weapons of WWII

I know their were quite a few of us that enjoyed BF1942 and then the Road to Rome Expansion... I am curious if anyone has taken the plunge and purchased Secret Weapons of WWII yet and what sort of review you would give it?

Also if anyone has downloaded the free expansion floating around called "Desert Combat" that was third party made I would love to hear a review on it as well...

BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 06:57 PM   #2
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

I have Battlefield 1942, but I haven't bought either of the expansions yet. They look like fun, but I'm not inclined to spend the money on them since I'm having plenty of fun without them.

Desert Combat is definitely worth downloading, I probably play that half the time. Just the difference in weapons makes it feel almost like a separate, equal game.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:47 PM   #3
Tasan
College Starter

Secret Weapons is a lot better expansion pack than Road to Rome was. It adds some real fun stuff like the jet pack, flying spawn point, missile launcher, and hard to control jet aircraft, along with some other tanks and such. I've played it a bunch multiplayer and single player, and found it to be a real joy. Some of the maps can be real pitched battles.

Desert Combat is worth downloading, but it does still have bugs, and it will crash here and there. However, the modern weapons feel great in the BF environment. Oh, and if anyone has figured out how to successfully fly, shoot, and land a helicopter in DC, let me know. Those things are HARD to fly.