Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Blade
College Prospect

More Laptop Advice

Hi all,

My Wife and I are looking at replacing our desktop with a laptop, and we actually saved up for a Macbook Pro. I was holding off until next year when the new models are released, but have since had a change of heart. I am now looking at a Windows-based PC, as I have been a Windows person from the start, and am not really interested in spending that much money on a Mac.

The requirements for the laptop are just general use...surfing, word processing, typical user stuff. I would mind being able to record music on it, and while I am a console gamer, I wouldn't mind the luxury of playing some PC games, like maybe Skyrim.

I would prefer that my budget be in the $1000-$1200 range, and in looking at some of the past threads on this board, I had my eye on a Sager.

That said, I haven't had to buy a computer in 5 years, and I am not even sure what I should be looking for in that price range. I am guessing the fact that I might want to game makes my requirements a bit more focused, because I am assuming that without gaming, I could just grab a laptop in the $500-$700 range.

Anyway, any suggestions you can provide on what I should look at for specs, and if I am on the right track with a Sager, would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I am in Canada...not sure if that affects anything.

Thanks all!

Mike

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.

Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Just a bit of advice, if you try to record music in any serious manner, you will likely be disappointed with the performance of a laptop that is "optimized" for gaming.

Otherwise, I have no real advice, other than I bought a Sager earlier this year and have been very pleased. I spent north of $2000 on it, but I would recommend them in a heartbeat.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Blade
College Prospect

Cool...Music recording isn't going to be anything intensive, just taking some tracks from a guitar and recording them for now. I am still pretty novice at it.

To be honest, I am not sure how much gaming I will do on it, but I don't want to limit myself away from gaming, if that makes sense? Obviously, I wouldn't be doing any high graphics gaming. Frankly, FPS games and the like I prefer on a console anyway!

Thanks for the advice, though!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote