Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2003, 10:24 PM   #1
hollmt
High School Varsity

anyone watching the cubs and marlins?

i feel like im the only one watching either of these 2 great games...usually lots of action about these games on the board.

going into the 9th tied up.

hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:27 PM   #2
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

im watchin..

i hate the cubs, lets hear it for a walk off..

-Aes-
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman
Aesyrqwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:37 PM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm watching as well. I was too busy flipping between the USF game, Michigan, this game, and a couple of hockey games to type!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:46 PM   #4
hollmt
High School Varsity

hockey....another sport that is boring like baseball until the playoffs come around! ha!
Old 10-10-2003, 11:10 PM   #5
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by hollmt
hockey....another sport that is boring like baseball until the playoffs come around! ha!

This is my thinking too. I watch a few regular season games of hockey and baseball, but it's the playoffs that I really watch and pay attention to.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:16 PM   #6
hollmt
High School Varsity

the only sport i watch all season long is college hoops and football, and pro football. its almost like the seasons in nba, mlb, and nhl are too long and you lose interest.

but nhl playoffs are very exciting, same as some mlb playoffs...nba now, that is another story.

oh and the game just got more interesting with the cubbies.

Last edited by hollmt : 10-10-2003 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:36 PM   #7
SackAttack
Head Coach

I think that was honestly the last way I would have expected the game to end. Castillo getting caught in a rundown.

Wow.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:40 PM   #8
TroyF
Coordinator

Big loss for the Marlins. I haven't thought of this series in terms of home field. I've thought of it in terms of Prior/Wood. Until the Marlins beat one of those guys, they can't be considered ahead in the series. They had a great chance to steal one tonight and blew it.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:56 AM   #9
SackAttack
Head Coach

I don't know that it's even, strictly speaking, a Prior/Wood thing. Clement has been excellent in his own right, as well, while Zambrano has been hit or miss. A loss by Wood in one start wouldn't doom the Cubs, so long as he won his other start and Prior also won his, but that WOULD have put more pressure on Clement to win his matchup with Dontrelle Willis tomorrow. As it stands, Clement can go out there knowing that, worst case, you've got Mark Prior on the mound for Game 6 in Chicago, as opposed to going out there with the knowledge that if he fucks up, Chicago's season rests in the hands of Carlos Zambrano.

Zambrano's got some nasty shit, but frankly, he's not the guy I want on the mound in a win-or-die situation.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:26 PM   #10
revrew
Team Chaplain

My wife was born and raised in Chicago, and we just moved from there a year ago. We've watched every sigle game of the playoffs together. Last night, my wife brought home some pastrami, some muenster, some onion kaisers, and a bag of Ruffles. I mixed up some of my famous dip, and we were havin' a great ol' time. Earlier, when we didn't get one of the games in our area, my wife says, "Let's go down to a Sports Grill in Des Moines and watch the game. Y'know, a date." Man, I love that woman.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote