Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2009, 06:05 AM   #1101
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I didn't know much about the story until I looked up some stuff after Tigercat's post. I was initially disappointed and I probably still am.

Hood, who is 19 now and was 13 at the time of the crime, did serve his "time" and then paid his own way through Catholic High. The school principal stated he'd "put our school’s reputation on our recommendation for Daniel Hood.” Additionally, the victim reportedly wrote a letter to the university asking Tennessee to admit Hood.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #1102
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Here is some data on the Hood issue. All I can say is don't act surprised if he blows up in K Town.

TBA Today

Quote:
STATE OF TENNESSEE v. DANIEL ALLYN HOOD

Court: TCA

Attorneys:

David L. Raybin, Nashville, Tennessee, for the appellant, Daniel Allyn Hood.

No brief filed on behalf of the appellee, State of Tennessee.

Judge: SUSANO

Daniel Allyn Hood, (DOB: 12/05/89), a juvenile, was found to be delinquent by the Sullivan County Juvenile Court. The order of that court placed temporary custody of Hood with the Department of Children's Services ("DCS") "for an indefinite period of time." The defendant appealed to the trial court, which, after a jury trial, found the defendant to be delinquent on the basis that he had committed the adult offenses of kidnapping and aggravated rape. The order of the trial court awarded Hood's custody to DCS, "determinately until his 19th birthday." The defendant appeals, asserting that the trial court's decree of a determinate commitment, rather than an indefinite commitment, is erroneous and a violation of the United States and Tennessee Constitutions. The defendant also raises several issues with respect to the propriety of certain jury instructions. We affirm.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #1103
Poli
FOFC Survivor

WR Tyler Maples becomes the 11th official player to leave the program today. DT Brimfield hasn't left yet, but will likely be the 12th player to leave.

I guess we're not going to be so congested at wide receiver any longer. Two leaving by graduation and that's now three that have left since Kiffin arrived.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #1104
MrBug708
Head Coach

Incoming UCLA recruit Randall Carroll just ran a 10.3 in his league finals track meet.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #1105
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Incoming UCLA recruit Randall Carroll just ran a 10.3 in his league finals track meet.

That's not bad, any idea if it was wind aided or not?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #1106
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

Jacoby Ford said he was a slow mofo.....then took off running. Carrol hasnt seen him since
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #1107
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
That's not bad, any idea if it was wind aided or not?

Eased up the last 10 yards and the wind was legal (1.7 MPS). It was also electronically timed. It was the third fastest time ever recorded in Cali High School history
Old 05-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #1108
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Jacoby Ford said he was a slow mofo.....then took off running. Carrol hasnt seen him since

Looking at his bio, his fastest high school time was 10.32
Old 05-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #1109
molson
General Manager

Greg Paulus is going to Syracuse:

Orange Football Blog on syracuse.com
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #1110
Logan
Head Coach

The scary thing for Cuse fans is that he could win that job.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #1111
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I guess we're not going to be so congested at wide receiver any longer. Two leaving by graduation and that's now three that have left since Kiffin arrived.

If you knew you were facing another year of the InCrompetent one at QB would you want to stay? I mean the guy hospitalized a receiver by overthrowing him into a concrete wall in practice, it's not healthy for a receiver's mind or body to deal with that at quarterback.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #1112
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In his defense, it was a new wall.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #1113
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea View Post
I'd heard grades could be an issue for Williams, which could be why Alabama went another route and WVU seemed to favor Tavon Austin of the uncommitted backs. You heard anything about that?

De'Antwan is now qualified according to Scout. Big for Rutgers.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #1114
Logan
Head Coach

Awesome ending to the New Jersey - Northeast All Star Classic yesterday. Skip to about 30 seconds. Video is on the small side but the Northeast team was driving to set up a FG to break the tie...

The interception was by ND recruit Carlo Calabrese, and the pitch to Florida-bound Josh Evans. Kid can definitely fly. Smart play by both...Carlo for the pitch, Evans for running out the clock.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #1115
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/...e/?partner=RSS

Quarterback Mike Rozier will begin his football career anew at Tennessee this fall.

The former pitcher in the Boston Red Sox organization told UT coaches that he will enroll for the first session of summer school in June after visiting practice on Thursday.

“I committed yesterday,” the 6-foot-5 Rozier said. “ I told them I was coming there. It was between them and South Carolina.

“I’m a pure pocket passer. They have a pro-style offense and I think it fitted me well.”

The former standout quarterback at Henry County High School in Stockbridge, Ga., signed with North Carolina in 2004 before pursuing his baseball career.

Rozier, 23, chose UT over South Carolina. He will be considered a walk-on although the Red Sox are contractually obligated to pay for his scholarship.

Rozier’s minor league career lasted from 2005 to 2008. He made it to Class AA Portland in 2006, but pitched only 30 innings last season between Class A Greenville and in the Gulf Coast League.

The former standout quarterback at Henry County High School in Stockbridge, Ga., signed with North Carolina in 2004 before pursuing his baseball career.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/...s/?partner=RSS

Quarterback Mike Rozier has left Tennessee’s football team, according to a source close to the situation.

It is unclear what prompted the former minor league baseball player to leave. Rozier came to UT this summer after struggling in the Boston Red Sox farm system.

The former standout at Henry County High School in McDonough, Ga., signed with North Carolina in February of 2004. However, Rozier was drafted in the 12th round of the 2004 draft by the Red Sox in June and agent Scott Boras negotiated a $1.5 million signing bonus to sway him from football.

Rozier, 23, chose UT over South Carolina. He was considered a walk-on since the Red Sox are contractually obligated to pay for his scholarship.

Rozier provided a strong tie to one of UT’s 2010 commitments: receiver Markeith Ambles from Henry County. Rozier’s father, Mike Rozier, is the coach of Henry County.

Ambles is one of the highest rated receivers in the country. The 6-foot-2, 185-pounder committed to UT in July.

More details later online and in Saturday's News Sentinel.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #1116
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
It's almost cute how Michigan fans think RichRod can just take the Big Ten by storm with his little dog and pony show, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Provide evidence on why he can't.

Those big bad OSU teams have been eaten alive by SEC spread offenses lately, and Michigan will have comperable talent, with a guy who has a proven track record.

I just want to see why you think differently.

Had to bring this back up. The last couple of months have just been so much fun, it's hard to adequately describe.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #1117
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm going to venture a guess that both sides of the argument took their positions based primarily on school allegiance, with substantive analysis a distant third to that and pure guessing/hopefulness.

Isn't that the way most of these things go?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #1118
Logan
Head Coach

And in fairness, it's been the defense that has clearly been a complete disaster and the primary reason for Michigan's struggles.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #1119
Poli
FOFC Survivor

David Oku set to transfer from Tennessee. Not very happy about that at all.

He becomes the 6th player from Kiffin's signing class that has now left UT.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #1120
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
And in fairness, it's been the defense that has clearly been a complete disaster and the primary reason for Michigan's struggles.

And the offense wasn't really near built to what it needed to be. Michigan scored the following in the big games.

ND: 28, not even remotely vintage Irish
MSU: 17
Iowa: 28, 21 in the 4th when they were down 28-7.
PSU: 31, 21 in the second half when they were down 28-10.
Wisconsin: 28, all in the second half when they were down 24-0.
OSU: 7
Miss. State: 14, and oh, they had a month to prepare.

Yes, the defense was bad, but being outscored 80-17 in a total of seven quarters of play points at more than just defensive struggles. Considering he had three years to put this together, he should of had a more consistent offense. Period. Now, did Michigan fans at the start have a reason to think RR could at least build an offense that would worry other teams? Yep, and I don't blame them for expecting it to pan out in the end. The only negative that was being talked about was the time for the transition. Things can be debated one way, or the other as to why it didn't work, but in the end he was just a horrible match for Michigan.