Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2003, 08:30 PM   #1
The_herd
College Starter

Chris Rix, popular guy on campus.

Do you think fellow students would have told on Charlie Ward or Chris Weinke?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1621371

The_herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 08:32 PM   #2
FBPro
College Starter

Jerk
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 08:52 PM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I think people in this town are just about fed up with him. Everything's going great - undefeated, he's coming off of his best game, and the game before that he brought us back from a sure defeat to win...and then this.

I think the worst part is that it isn't stupidity, it's arrogance. The guy's ride is custom detailed with his uniform number on both the passenger and driver side doors, and he still thinks he can get away with something like this out in the open. The fact that other students would not only say somthing to him, but call the cops, is indicative of how arrogant he is and how no one likes him. He's like the bad guy caricature from any number of high school-type movies.

Asswad. Asshat. Ass.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 12:53 AM   #4
pjstp20
High School Varsity

Yeah I don't know what's worse: how much people in this town dislike him or how stupid he is. I can't believe after all he's been through he would do something like this. It just shows that he doesn't get it, and that will be his legacy at FSU unless he wins a national title.
pjstp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 07:31 AM   #5
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Its not that serious he's made a bunch of boneheaded mistakes so what else is new? I'll still root for him as I did in the past thru all the other dumb stuff he did. Plus I hate snitches...

noop
Old 09-23-2003, 07:32 AM   #6
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pjstp20
Yeah I don't know what's worse: how much people in this town dislike him or how stupid he is. I can't believe after all he's been through he would do something like this. It just shows that he doesn't get it, and that will be his legacy at FSU unless he wins a national title.

You know what he's going to go down as the most hated Florida State QB or player: His crime starting as a freshman

noop

Last edited by Noop : 09-23-2003 at 07:32 AM.
Noop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 07:51 AM   #7
Ksyrup

You have to root for him if you want FSU to win, but it doesn't mean you have to like him. His crime is being an arrogant, immature dufus. It has nothing to do with him starting as a freshman. Maybe when he's 30 he'll be mature enough to handle this kind of spotlight. But he's clearly not now, and by the time he is, he'll be the assistant manager at Rhodes Furniture.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-23-2003, 07:59 AM   #8
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
You have to root for him if you want FSU to win, but it doesn't mean you have to like him. His crime is being an arrogant, immature dufus. It has nothing to do with him starting as a freshman. Maybe when he's 30 he'll be mature enough to handle this kind of spotlight. But he's clearly not now, and by the time he is, he'll be the assistant manager at Rhodes Furniture.

If you remove the first to years and only count this season this would be his first offense as far as the media is concerned. I honestly believe he's only hated by most fans because so many were so use to winning and didnt see that it was the defense that made Florida State the champions of the 90's not the offense although they were very good. But anyway Ksyrup you have every right to feel that way but I dont see it as a big deal he continues to make bad choices in his life as long as he's a Florida State player I'll still wish him the best on and off the field.

noop
Old 09-23-2003, 08:13 AM   #9
Ksyrup

This has nothing to do with whether I "wish him the best" or not, it has to do with his duty to the team. You can't just separate all of the things he did before this season and look at this season in a vaccuum. The evidence clearly shows that this guy hasn't learned a damn thing. That's why I've lost patience with the guy.

I still hope he succeeds on and off the field, because you know the next off-field screw-up, whether it's while he's a Nole or 5 years from now, will be written up as if it's FSU's fault. So it's in the school's best interest that he succceed in life, or at least not embarrass anyone. But everything he's done so far demonstrates to me that he hasn't learned squat. He knows the spotlight is on him, and on the team, and on the school, and yet he thinks he can get away with using a fake (or stolen?) handicapped parking decal on his own car, which advertises who he is? That is unacceptable, and he knows it.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-23-2003 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:21 AM   #10
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I took this from www.warchant.com so if this is illegal I will remove it.

Ksyrup here is the story out of his mouth
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rix made a statement to the media after practice regarding this situation:

"Well, the story is the handicap placard. The handicap placard belongs to a close friend of our family who lives here in Tallahassee whom is in her mid-70’s and I help her out sporadically by driving her to get her medicine at the hospital and that is what I did Thursday morning. Following that I went to class, got to class right on time but trying not to be late as I am a TA (Teacher’s Assistant) I parked right out front of the building, there were four handicap spots. I thought I would be okay for an hour. I came out and there was a boot on my car. I think they believe it was a false, a counterfeit handicap placard on my car. When they checked it out, that it was legit and a good friend of my family that they took the boot off, released my car.

I am feeling bad for what I did. I got a letter from that person (family friend whom the placard belongs to), took it to the parking services the next day and in addition paid the $100 fine even though they said I probably could protest it and get it waved. I paid the $100 fine, but I definitely made a mistake and trying not to be late for class parked somewhere I should not have parked. But it was a legal placard that belongs to a lady in her mid-70’s who is a friend of my family but I definitely regret it and shouldn’t have parked there.

So that is about it and it won’t happen again. I apologized to the parking services but I am kind of disappointed that some members of the media are making a big case of it before they get all the facts and details and no way would I make a false placard or handicap sticker misrepresenting myself."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You right he hasn't learned anything but he's a man in charge of his own actions. I can't cast judgement or opinions on him in his personal affairs only on the field I'll take my shit about him if he's doing bad praise when he does but I still root for him and all Noles past, present and future.

noop
Old 09-23-2003, 09:38 AM   #11
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

What a bunch of BS. He is another one of those kids who will never admit a mistake. It is illegal to park in a handicap spot if you are not handicap whether you have a sticker or are only going to be an hour.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:45 AM   #12
Ksyrup

I think the moral of this story is...if you're going to illegally park in a handicapped space, do it on-campus, where it only costs $100, instead of off-campus, where it costs at least $250.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:11 AM   #13
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:
I think the worst part is that it isn't stupidity, it's arrogance. The guy's ride is custom detailed with his uniform number on both the passenger and driver side doors, and he still thinks he can get away with something like this out in the open.

Does anyone else picture his car looking something like this?

Old 09-23-2003, 10:48 AM   #14
pjstp20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by GrantDawg
What a bunch of BS. He is another one of those kids who will never admit a mistake.

I have to second this. Noop: I don't know how you can say Rix makes himself accountable for anything. Theres always some excuse with this kid over his stupid mistakes. Spare us Rix. We don't care why you parked in a handicap space/ missed a final/ didn't attend voluntary workouts, we just know that you do it, and you keep doing it and you don't learn. On top of that he still hasn't mastered the offense in his third year running it.

Every time he gets in good with the FSU faithful he does something to shoot himself in the foot. Lucky for him FSU has a cupcake schedule and if he wins the Miami game and the bowl game no one will remember this. I'm just excited to see what he's gonna screw up next, it makes for great comedy.
pjstp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 11:10 AM   #15
Ksyrup

If they get pressure enough that they feel like they need to suspend him, at least we've got Duke this week.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:22 AM   #16
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Noop
Plus I hate snitches...

Is this the Alcatraz message boards or something? Is someone gonna shiv the students who gave him up?
Old 09-23-2003, 12:23 PM   #17
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Butter_of_69
Is this the Alcatraz message boards or something? Is someone gonna shiv the students who gave him up?

I didn't I was going to do anything I just don't like snitches...

noop
Old 09-23-2003, 12:38 PM   #18
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I heart Snitches
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 02:28 PM   #19
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Who hasn't wanted to park in those nice juicy handi-spots. They are rarely ever in use, and, if needed, they can always double park. Who would ticket a handi-capped dude?

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 02:34 PM   #20
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Butter_of_69

"He took a shiv and cut out the bitches eyeballs. Then they took turns pissing into the bitches ocular cavities."
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 02:43 PM   #21
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

I'm from Florida and my stepfather is handicapped so I know the requirements on the parking passes. In Florida, the placard doesn't mean squat. The state issues a special tag you put on your license plate right next to the stickers for your registration. And the law states you must have the special tag and be transporting the handicapped individual to be able to use the spots. They let him off when by the law they shouldn't have.

It's all mostly much ado about nothing, but it does provide interesting incite into the Chris Rix personality. The whole deal having his number embossed on his car is a hoot. What a jackass!
Old 09-23-2003, 03:09 PM   #22
MrBug708
Head Coach

Noop, I hope you werent serious about your snitch comment. UCLA did this stunt a few years ago and the community backlash was great. Of course, LA isn't a small college town either.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 04:50 PM   #23
Ksyrup

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State quarterback Chris Rix was issued a second parking ticket in as many days Tuesday -- this time for pulling his SUV into an "outpatients only" spot next to the Regional Rehabilitation Center at the university's geriatric clinic.

Exasperated administration officials acknowledged Tuesday's offense, which was first reported by a disbelieving professor who took several photos of the ticketed vehicle.

Rix could not immediately be reached for comment.

Rix apologized Monday for parking in an unauthorized handicap parking tag on campus, and paid a $100 fine after fellow students told police.

"He needs to be an example to students and ballplayers and a proud representative of this university's reputation," said Lee Hinkle, vice president for university relations. "Actions such as those he took last week don't do that."

Rix said coach Bobby Bowden has been making him run extra each morning this week as punishment.

Last week, Rix used an unauthorized handicap parking tag to park on campus. After practice Monday, he said the handicap tag belongs to a family friend that he helps get medicine occasionally. He said he drove her to the hospital Thursday morning, then parked in the handicap spot because he was running late for class.

University President T.K. Wetherell met with Rix just before the start of classes to emphasize the importance of his off-field behavior.

Hinkle said Monday the school wants to treat its athletes the same as any other student. "We are trying as best we can to do the right thing by these kids," she said.

Rix has led Florida State to a 4-0 record and a No. 6 ranking. He passed for a career-high 394 yards in Saturday's 47-7 win over Colorado.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:55 PM   #24
TroyF
Coordinator

Unbelievable. What a jackass.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 04:56 PM   #25
JeeberD
General Manager

Some people just never learn.....

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 04:57 PM   #26
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State quarterback Chris Rix was issued a second parking ticket in as many days Tuesday -- this time for pulling his SUV into an "outpatients only" spot next to the Regional Rehabilitation Center at the university's geriatric clinic.

Exasperated administration officials acknowledged Tuesday's offense, which was first reported by a disbelieving professor who took several photos of the ticketed vehicle.

Rix could not immediately be reached for comment.

Rix apologized Monday for parking in an unauthorized handicap parking tag on campus, and paid a $100 fine after fellow students told police.

"He needs to be an example to students and ballplayers and a proud representative of this university's reputation," said Lee Hinkle, vice president for university relations. "Actions such as those he took last week don't do that."

Rix said coach Bobby Bowden has been making him run extra each morning this week as punishment.

Last week, Rix used an unauthorized handicap parking tag to park on campus. After practice Monday, he said the handicap tag belongs to a family friend that he helps get medicine occasionally. He said he drove her to the hospital Thursday morning, then parked in the handicap spot because he was running late for class.

University President T.K. Wetherell met with Rix just before the start of classes to emphasize the importance of his off-field behavior.

Hinkle said Monday the school wants to treat its athletes the same as any other student. "We are trying as best we can to do the right thing by these kids," she said.

Rix has led Florida State to a 4-0 record and a No. 6 ranking. He passed for a career-high 394 yards in Saturday's 47-7 win over Colorado.

Can a FSU fan defend him for this?
The_herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:17 PM   #27
TroyF
Coordinator

He's officially on my "please, please don't ever let him become a Denver Bronco" list.

I'd rather lose without him than win with him on the roster. Classless.

If he does get drafted by Denver, I'll hope the team has success while he fails. (Like I had to suffer with Bill Romanowski, though he played well for us in the Super Bowl years. I'd just as soon he'd been a Raider all along)

TroyF

Last edited by TroyF : 09-23-2003 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:36 PM   #28
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

That has got to be a joke. No one is really that big an idiot are they?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:06 PM   #29
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The_herd

Repeat after me "It's a parking ticket" like I siad he's made some boneheaded mistakes in the past and will continue in the future. I continue to support him as a Seminole he just got himself in a pickle I hope he can see the light or atleast where he is allowed to park. Go Noles!!

noop
Old 09-23-2003, 07:17 PM   #30
Ksyrup

Effin' moron. SOME FSU fans can defend him, I'll just hope he doesn't lose us any games and patiently wait for his eligibility to run out.

FSU's had some real weiners - I mean winners - at QB over the past few years. If we hadn't gotten lucky with the 28 year old, who knows where we'd be? First there was the supposed 2nd coming of Drew Bledsoe, Jared Jones, who sucked so bad that he had to be replaced in the 2nd half against Duke in the only game he got significant playing time because he was making the game close, then he got kicked off the team for other issues in the offseason before he would have become the starter after Weinke left. Then there was McPherson, and now we have Rix.

We're on a roll!
Old 09-23-2003, 07:20 PM   #31
Philliesfan980
Banned

Hey, what do you expect?

If you recruit kids who enjoy being pampered, maybe even bribed, what do you expect? Sometimes they are going to crap out on you.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 07:45 PM   #32
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Effin' moron. SOME FSU fans can defend him, I'll just hope he doesn't lose us any games and patiently wait for his eligibility to run out.

I guess I'm moron for not judging someone for what they do in their personal life. Oh way to good with the name calling I would expect that from me not you. Like I said I continue to cheer for the my Noles thru thick and thin...(all of Rix's f'ups)

noop
Old 09-23-2003, 07:46 PM   #33
Ksyrup

You're not the moron, he is.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:51 PM   #34
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
You're not the moron, he is.

Oh my bad...we're cool you and I...we both cheer for the same team but dont have the same dream.<---A lil Ali in me

noop
Old 09-23-2003, 07:55 PM   #35
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Noop
I guess I'm moron for not judging someone for what they do in their personal life. Oh way to good with the name calling I would expect that from me not you. Like I said I continue to cheer for the my Noles thru thick and thin...(all of Rix's f'ups)

noop

Good lord. First off, the tone of the post should have told you he was talking about Rix, not you.

Second off, this may come as a complete and total shock to you, but it IS possible to hate a player that plays for your "team" even if the player wins games for you. The two don't have to go hand in hand.

It's just like how a call can go against your team in a big situation and still be the right call. . .

By the way, I'd have snitched on Rix in a second. My grandfather has those tags and he has them for a reason. Some dickhead QB wants to take that spot because the spoiled brat is 10 minutes late for class? He'd be lucky not to get a kick upside his head if I were standing there.

TroyF
Old 09-23-2003, 08:06 PM   #36
Ksyrup

Classic example...Lenny Dykstra. I hated his ass when he was with the Mets and cringed when he ended up on the Phillies. But I had to root for him in 1993, because without him, they'd have never gotten as far as they did.

Come to think of it, I also hated Mitch Williams, even before the HR.

I don't hate Rix, but I don't like the position he's put the school in, given the recent issues the team has had. Especially for something as stupid as this. You're right, he didn't kill anyone, or steal, or gamble, but it doesn't matter when the blood's already in the water. Any little movement is sure to draw the sharks.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:36 AM   #37
samifan24
Pro Starter

To go along with what Troy and ksyrup said earlier, I'm a huge Indians fan but I can't stand Milton Bradley's off-the-field antics. Mark Shapiro wanted to trade him last season but Larry Dolan shot it down. Shapiro had the right idea in trying to move Bradley because, in my opinion, what he does off the field affects his team from both an actual, physical perspective as well as a marketing/ pr perspective as well. At what point does a player's off-the-field antics become too much of a distraction for his team? Obviously this isn't exactly the Rix situation but I believe the general premise is still the same. As far as this Tribe fan is concerned, good riddance to Milton Bradley.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:49 AM   #38
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by The_herd

The cop was just a bitch after money?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote