Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #51
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I'm going to see Sevendust on Saturday, and if they don't play "Black", I'm going to be PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!

You should be fine. It's been in their recent performances.

I really do enjoy setlist.fm - the setlist wiki

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #52
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Are you sure it was that late in the 80s? I remember them touring together for the Done With Mirrors album, which was right before they took a break to deal with their substance abuse issues and a few years before they reunited and got their shit back together. If that was the tour, then I could believe Aerosmith was bad, because they were all seriously fucked up and fighting with each other around that time.

Yes. It probably was the late 80s. That would make more sense to me. Of course I was in the same boat as Aerosmith at that time.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #53
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You should be fine. It's been in their recent performances.

I really do enjoy setlist.fm - the setlist wiki
Nice, thanks. Looking this over, I'm not terribly amped about the setlist I'm seeing from their current tour, but it's my first time seeing my favorite band in concert, so beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks, Jon.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #54
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I saw Aerosmith for their Get A Grip tour and it was a pretty good show, except in the middle when they let Joe Perry do some weird thing with a side band. It nearly put me to sleep.

Best concert experience was that same show though - when I got back to my car and found I'd left the passenger side window down but the $600 in cash I had for a security deposit was still inside. whew.

Primus (opening up for U2) was pretty fucking awful and very disappointing
Old 10-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #55
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
It's rare to see a band play anything too old on their tour that immediatley follows a new CD release if they're on a bigger label, more then likely because they want them to obviously play that material to sell more records.

That said, Bane, my favorite band, was a rare one who when I saw them after their recent cd "The Note" came out (A damn solid CD) played only what the crowd asked for. There was no set list. They played a few new songs, but all were by request by the crowd.

Man, glory days.

Depends on the band. Dave Matthews Band put out a new album last year, but still had a lot of older stuff playing. Even for an album tour, the shows were mixed up pretty well.

This year was still more leaning towards the new stuff, but I saw I think 14 songs I had never seen before. I can't wait for the fall...last shows before their hiatus.

As far as the band in the OP, I've never heard of them. I will have to check them out.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #56
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I saw Flogging Molly a while back, I had seen them many times before and was never disappointed. Their new album had come out the day before and they played about 9 songs from it. I get it is their new album, but give people a chance to listen to it before you jam it down their throats.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #57
boberot
High School Varsity

Could be Bob Weir and his band Ratdog about 15 years ago. Man, they sucked. So cheesy.

However, Hot Tuna opened for them. Didn't know shit about them at the time, but they were fantastic.

Then again, it doesn't get much more disappointing than driving two hours to see Toots & the Maytals in 1990, only to find out when we got there that the show was cancelled.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote