Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #501
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
"But Alabama didn't even want to be there so they didn't play hard". (SEC homers)

It didn't help that their OL had to be rearranged so close to the game as well. Still, no excuse for that defense to mail it in like they did. It's one game that will forever irk me.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #502
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
And if you use the football to keep you up and you fumble...it is the only time the ground can cause a fumble.
PING: ClintStoerner4Heisman.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #503
MJ4H
Coordinator

See I knew it.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #504
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Knew what?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #505
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
This game though, was pretty solid direct evidence of how good Boise St. is. We'll see how many schools beat teams ranked in the top #10 on the road this season. That won't be a huge number.

Again, let's see where VT ends up. Beating #10 mid-November is (or can be) a lot different than beating #10 the first weekend of the year. Every year, there are 2-3 teams ranked in the top 10 that don't even end up ranked at the end of the year. This win might not end up being all that impressive.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #506
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Again, let's see where VT ends up. Beating #10 mid-November is (or can be) a lot different than beating #10 the first weekend of the year. Every year, there are 2-3 teams ranked in the top 10 that don't even end up ranked at the end of the year. This win might not end up being all that impressive.

True. It's one of those unique things about college football. But I'm just saying outside those dark upper-administrative rooms in athletic departments where nobody really knows what happens - nobody else has any control over who plays who. (That whole argument about "Boise St. doesn't deserve acclaim, they should schedule better" doesn't apply to any player and any coach on the team, who just go where they're told to go.) So going undefeated is really all that is important to everyone else that is directly involved, and last night was a big step in getting towards that. Perhaps to a SEC school, different kinds of external recognition are more important (and more within their control to attain), and that's fine for them. They can take pride in their brutal schedule of giants, one after another, but Boise St. and schools like it are just in a different position. They got their own thing and their own goals. They can't just choose to play an all-SEC schedule tomorrow or something.

Last edited by molson : 09-07-2010 at 11:33 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #507
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I'd argue the head coach does have a fair amount of control over the schedule. Not that he can go out and get Alabama to play them at home, but whether the AD tries to set up a tough game or a cupcake.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #508
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
They've beaten almost everyone in front of them the last 4-5 years.

This.

They just find ways to win more often than not and it's fun to watch a well-coached team of hungry kids who people consistently doubt perform so well.

For any team at the highest level to lose just four games in four years, it's saying a lot about what they're doing and whether it's playing JV competition or not, it's clear that when they do have to play a big opponent they manage to get the job done more often than not.

Too bad Wyoming will beat them in two weeks in Laramie.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote