Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2003, 12:28 PM   #1
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Newest action star, The Game

Looks like Vince McMahon is trying to fabricate another cross-over star. I love the part where they talk about HHH's "great sense of humor." Sorry, I must have missed that on the wrestling shows.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Hoping to fill Hollywood's current action-hero void, World Wrestling Entertainment star Triple H has signed on to a pair of high-profile roles.

He will star in "Jornada del Muerte," a modern-day Western from "Apocalypse Now" screenwriter John Milius, and will battle Wesley Snipes in New Line Cinema's "Blade: Trinity."

"Jornada del Muerte" (Journey of Death) will be the first theatrical release from the recently formed WWE Films production banner. The project, which Milius said was written specifically for Triple H (whose real name is Michael Paul LeVesque) to star in, is described as a modern-day Western set in the Southwest that involves motorcycle gangs, drug trafficking and broken codes of honor.

"The WWE has a tremendous storehouse for heroic action stars in Hollywood, and Triple H has a great sense of humor and rare combination of accessibility and inherent nobility," Milius said. "He is a working man's hero, something that has been missing in movies for a long time."

While "Jornada" is the second project to be announced from WWE Films, following an action pitch from "Spawn" screenwriter Alan McElroy that the company acquired in July, it likely will be the first to hit theaters as the script is already in place. The film does not have a distributor at this point.

In "Blade: Trinity," Triple H will play one of the heavies who take on Snipes' vampire-hunter character in the third installment of the franchise. The film is being directed by David Goyer.

While Triple H has made several television appearances, "Trinity" will mark his first appearance on the big screen.

Milius, who earned an Academy Award nomination for his work on the "Apocalypse Now" script, also wrote and directed the 1982 action classic "Conan the Barbarian."

Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 02:32 PM   #2
Travis
Pro Rookie

Here I was all excited when they announced Jessica Biel would be in the movie, but wow, does this news ever tone that down a notch.

Ah well, at least he'll get his ass kicked, first time he'll have sold in years.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
Calis
College Starter

Damn I thought this was some sorta funny game to create a new action star...I'm dissapointed.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote