Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #1401
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I know how the announcers must feel. You get something shoved down your throat so much, it's really all you can remember. For example, last night, I called my wife Zach Parise.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #1402
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I know how the announcers must feel. You get something shoved down your throat so much, it's really all you can remember. For example, last night, I called my wife Zach Parise.

Funny because last night I showed your wife my Colin White.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #1403
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Funny because last night I showed your wife my Colin White.
Aptly named, since I imagine a very lazy eye and an uncanny knack for being far away from the real action.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #1404
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

In other news, Gary Bettman and the NHL handed the Penguins $14M to pay Kris Letang over the next 4 years, I am guessing under the table so it doesn't count again the cap, cause that is how the Pens get treated.

I'm glad you finally admit it.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #1405
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
You have to excuse the announcers, they are so use to having the Pens shoved down their throats by Gary Bettman that they sometimes think they are calling their games when they actually aren't since TYLER Kennedy plays for the Pittsburgh Bettmans...errr Penguins.

I kept yelling that at the T.V.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #1406
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm glad you finally admit it.

He's helping Philly too. There is a little known clause that once you start your 8th goalie of the year, they no longer count against the cap.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #1407
DeToxRox
Head Coach

My eyes deceive me as I watch the Wings tonight, but it sure looks like we're actually beating the Oilers.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #1408
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Forget the standings, the Oil are the best team in the NHL.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #1409
Travis
Pro Rookie

Heh, I was watching the Detroit feed online in the second and with 5 minutes to go in that period, one of their broadcast crew proclaimed that Edmonton wouldn't sweep Detroit this season, then tried to amend his statement with, "if things continue on as they're going so far."

I had a chuckle when he said it as the odds of this happening were pretty slim, but if the Oil do win he's going to be hearing about that comment for a while.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:03 PM   #1410
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Heh, I was watching the Detroit feed online in the second and with 5 minutes to go in that period, one of their broadcast crew proclaimed that Edmonton wouldn't sweep Detroit this season, then tried to amend his statement with, "if things continue on as they're going so far."

I had a chuckle when he said it as the odds of this happening were pretty slim, but if the Oil do win he's going to be hearing about that comment for a while.

Wings managed to pull it out somehow against the USSR.

BTW Trav I am going to be headed out to Plymouth Saturday for Game 2 of Seguin vs Hall, I'll make sure to get you a scouting report.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #1411
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am glad to see the last of The Oil for the season. Sheesh.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #1412
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just something to ponder .. Wings worst season in 20 years and they are only 2 points behind 2nd in the East.

The more you know.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #1413
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I know there was virtually no chance the Canes would have gotten in the playoffs anyway, but to f* it up themselves like they did tonight....

The gist of it: Canes had managed to grab a 3-2 lead on Ottawa through some timely, somewhat fluky goals and had the Sens in an EN situation. First foul-up: Cole gets a hold of the puck near the blue line with about 45 secs to go, but instead of calmly dumping it out, manages to completely screw himself up somehow and fumbles the puck away to the Senators who manage to keep the zone and press on for another 30 seconds, which leads to much more serious foul-up #2: Whitney, with delusions of grandeur in his mind actually cleared the zone, but for whatever reason launches a shot at the empty net from beyond the halfway line, resulting in an icing. This means a dog-tired Staal gets toasted on the face-off draw, which the Sens immediately capitalize on and score because Legace didn't stitch his glove well enough. Canes end up losing in a shootout.

Can't remember the last time I've been this pissed about a loss.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #1414
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

In other news...Flyers just signed Sebastien Caron aka goalie #7.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #1415
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
In other news...Flyers just signed Sebastien Caron aka goalie #7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
He's helping Philly too. There is a little known clause that once you start your 8th goalie of the year, they no longer count against the cap.

I was only kidding...I think.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #1416
Pyser
Pro Rookie

man am i glad this didnt happen:

SUNRISE, Fla. -- It may sound like a fish story, but if so, then Glen Sather sure has come up with a whopper.

The Rangers' GM told Slap Shots on Thursday that he "shook hands" on a trade last year that would have brought Steven Stamkos from Tampa Bay to New York less than halfway through the brilliant 20-year-old center's rookie season.

We reported last year that the Lightning had dangled Stamkos through the early months of the season, during which the first-overall selection in the 2008 Entry Draft struggled badly, getting two goals (with five assists) in his first 21 games. There were questions in the organization about his readiness for the NHL.

The Rangers started working on the Tampa house-of-cards ownership during the teams' trip to Prague, where the clubs opened the 2008-09 regular season with a pair of games. Sather got the ear of co-owner Len Barrie, a former NHL player. Conversations continued after the clubs returned to North America.

By the time the Blueshirts visited Tampa on Thanksgiving of 2008, the talks had become serious. Barrie was asking to choose two or three from a wish list that featured Michael Del Zotto, Evgeny Grachev, Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky and Dan Girardi.

The deal, according to Sather, was struck. The Rangers would be getting Stamkos, who has scored 46 goals thus far this season, tied for second in the NHL with Alex Ovechkin and just one behind Sidney Crosby in the race for the Rocket Richard Trophy.

Oh, no, they wouldn't.

"How close did we come?" Sather asked rhetorically, repeating the question we posed to him as the Rangers practiced in Tampa on Thursday. "We shook hands on it, that's how close.

"I'd been on it since Europe. I had an agreement with Len Barrie. I asked him if he had the authority to make the trade, and he assured me that he did, because he was an owner.

"But the next day, I found out that he didn't. He went to run the deal by [GM] Brian Lawton, who wanted no part of it. As I understood it, the way it was told to me, Barrie was still going to make the deal, but then he was told that he couldn't unless he got the approval of [co-owner] Oren Koules.
"Koules shot it down," said Sather. "That was the end of it."

Koules and Barrie further could not agree on a trade last June that would have sent Vincent Lecavalier and his massive contract to Montreal in exchange for a package featuring goaltender Carey Price. Dysfunction in that case benefited Sather, for it allowed him to then move Scott Gomez to the Canadiens.

That Lightning ownership is gone. So is the opportunity to trade for Stamkos.

"We had him," Sather said. "Well, I thought we did."

Read more: Rangers had done deal for Stamkos - NYPOST.com
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #1417
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
man am i glad this didnt happen:

SUNRISE, Fla. -- It may sound like a fish story, but if so, then Glen Sather sure has come up with a whopper.

The Rangers' GM told Slap Shots on Thursday that he "shook hands" on a trade last year that would have brought Steven Stamkos from Tampa Bay to New York less than halfway through the brilliant 20-year-old center's rookie season.

Sounds like Sather pulled an April Fools joke on Brooks who ran with it.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #1418
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wow. Just ... wow.

Theo Fleury, Sheldon Kennedy outraged by pardon for Graham James, coach who allegedly abused them - ESPN

Y, Alberta -- Theo Fleury and Sheldon Kennedy, two former NHL players who say they were sexually abused as teenagers by a junior hockey coach, are among those angered at the revelation the convicted sex offender was pardoned in 2007.

Graham James, 58, pleaded guilty to sexual assault after two of his former players, including Kennedy, told of the abuse they suffered at his hands from 1984 to 1995.

The Canadian Press reported that it learned James had been granted a pardon by the National Parole Board when a previously unknown accuser of James came forward and contacted Winnipeg police.

"I look at the time from when Graham was charged, convicted and sentenced and now it's written off his record," Kennedy said. "It was a matter of roughly 12 years and I see people struggling with this -- not just Graham James' victims, but victims of child abuse who struggle with this for years and years and years."

Dimitri Soudas, a spokesman for Prime Minister Stephen Harper, said the government was "shocked" to learn of the pardon.

"The National Parole Board made this decision without our government's consent or knowledge," he said.

Parole board spokeswoman Caroline Douglas said the pardons process does not generally take into account the nature of the crime, even those the public finds particularly upsetting.

"We cannot discriminate based on the crime committed," Douglas said. "Very few people are ineligible for a pardon. Everyone else is eligible no matter their crime. We have to follow the law."

Fleury, who played with Kennedy for the Calgary Flames, has lodged a complaint about James with police. He went to Winnipeg authorities in January after publishing a memoir last autumn that detailed years of alleged abuse by his former coach.

"I'm shocked and mystified. Imagine somebody who commits that kind of crime being pardoned," Fleury said in a statement Sunday. "I thought we had an open justice system. It's just more proof our society has a lot to learn about protecting the victims."

"Obviously nobody was proud of the decision or it wouldn't have been a secret," Fleury said, according to The Canadian Press.

James was sentenced to 3½ years in prison in 1997 and his whereabouts are unknown. Records show he was one of 14,748 Canadians given a pardon in 2006-07, while 103 people were refused.

Former Calgary MP Art Hanger, a 22-year member of the Calgary Police Service and member of the Canadian Justice Foundation, called the latest development "reprehensible."

"I mean, this man used his authority as a coach and attacked youngsters -- vulnerable, vulnerable boys. For the most part, these kind of characters cannot be cured.

"There is no indication in anything that he has done to place himself into the good graces of the Canadian public. I don't understand the parole board's thinking."

Ron Jette of the Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Network called the pardon "justice undone."

"You have to ask yourself," Jette wondered, "what were they thinking?"

The Canadian Society for the Investigation of Child Abuse, of which Kennedy is a board member, reacted with dismay.

"We think it's sad whenever a person who is alleged to have been abusive in a position of authority doesn't face all of the consequences," executive director Lynn Barry said. "It is very important that those people be held accountable."
Old 04-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #1419
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Ya that is disgraceful. The fact that we don't even know where the guy is... just disgusting. I'm hopeful that the outcry from this is loud enough to get some changes made in the system. That dude should have a scarlet "P" burned into his forehead or something.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #1420
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Sabres clinch the division, WOOT!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #1421
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thrashers officially eliminated from the playoff race.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #1422
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The West is set now. Calgary is out. Poor Calgary. A bad team with a lot of bad contracts, no first round pick next year.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #1423
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Or second round pick.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #1424
Pyser
Pro Rookie

and a quitter for a coach
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #1425
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Poor Calgary. A bad team with a lot of bad contracts, no first round pick next year.
Ha ha, what a disaster!

Wait, what?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #1426
bronconick
College Starter

Another regular season banner for the Sharks! Yay!

*starts digging around for antacids for next week*
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #1427
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Flyers and Rangers have a home and home to end the year that will decide each teams' playoff fate.

2 pts by the Flyers clinches a spot for them since they have more wins. 4 points by the Rangers and 1 or less by the Flyers gets the Rangers in.

Congrats Ranger fans on making the playoffs.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #1428
Logan
Head Coach

Ha. Should be a fun finish. So my unintelligent mind computes that the worst we can do is win one in regulation and win one in OT/shootout?

Last edited by Logan : 04-08-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #1429
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Ha. Should be a fun finish. So my unintelligent mind computes that the worst we can do is win one in regulation and win one in OT/shootout?

Yea. If you guys win both in OT/Shootout the Flyers still have the tiebreaker with overall wins.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #1430
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Good end to a bad season in Raleigh as the Hurricanes were picked to host the 2011 All-Star Game next January. The Canes then cap the day by winning the last home game of the year, 5-2, over Montreal and preventing them from clinching a playoff berth. It was hat-giveaway-night, so naturally the place erupted in a blizzard of hats when Staal scored his third on an empty-netter. Staal also assisted on the other two goals (both scored by Chad LaRose) for a five-point night.

One more to go at Boston, then the long offseason. *sigh*
Old 04-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #1431
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

It feels dirty...but I am pulling for the Flyers. If they can someone grab the 7th spot, that would be perfect. Then if the Pens can take 2nd, another intra-state matchup. If the Devils take 2nd, the Flyers will sweep them.

Win Win for me
Old 04-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #1432
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

The Canes start the season with a team-record-tying 14-game losing streak of ineptitude. They end the season with ineptitude, surrendering a league record 3(!!) shorthanded goals on one power play against Boston. Comically, Carolina had closed the gap to 3-2 and actually nearly tied the game, not of their own doing, but because the Bruins nearly suffered a mind-blowing own-goal after a delayed penalty was called on Carolina and Rask had been pulled for a sixth attacker. The puck actually reached the line before getting cleared away. (On an aside, who would get credit for that goal? Last Canes player to touch it before the penalty was awarded?)

At any rate, a microcosm of the year, dig a hole and quickly with staggering ineptitude, gamely fight back to make things interesting, but ultimately can't make it all the way back at the end.

Oh, well. Time to root for the other Sun Belt/non-traditional market teams in the playoffs to bring the Cup back from behind enemy lines.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #1433
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
The puck actually reached the line before getting cleared away. (On an aside, who would get credit for that goal? Last Canes player to touch it before the penalty was awarded?)

Yes. Carolina looked horribly disorganized in their own zone all game. It looked like the Bruins were playing Albany out there. Jerome Sampson? Zach Boychuk? Drayson Bowman? Casey Borer? Bryan Rodney? If these guys are in Carolina, who's left in Albany?

Last edited by samifan24 : 04-10-2010 at 03:41 PM.
samifan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #1434
Logan
Head Coach

At basically the very last minute*, I ended up getting to the Rangers-Flyers game last night when the guy who usually gives me his tickets had to head to the hospital to take care of his father. As good as the game was, the highlight for me came when the game got tied at 3 and two Flyer fans in our section finally started opening up their mouths. One guy was wearing a blue sweater and the other guy a green t-shirt. The guys behind them were giving them shit about how when they go to road games, they're man enough to wear their teams' colors. Sweater guy said nothing, but his friend turned around to all of us, pointed at his solid print t-shirt and said "Eagles green!"

It was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anyone say.

* - technology is awesome. My friend is sitting in a hospital waiting room and can email his tickets to my phone, which I then use to forward the email to my other buddy who is in his office and cant print out the tickets.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #1435
bbor
Pro Starter

3 SH goas on one pp?? R U kidding me?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #1436
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Yes. Carolina looked horribly disorganized in their own zone all game. It looked like the Bruins were playing Albany out there. Jerome Sampson? Zach Boychuk? Drayson Bowman? Casey Borer? Bryan Rodney? If these guys are in Carolina, who's left in Albany?

To be fair, the Rats have pretty much made up a sizable portion of the roster of any given night for quite a while now (due to trades and injuries) and most fans think it was because of the Rats and not in spite of them that we even got a sniff of playoff contention after the opening month debacle. Heck, Brandon Sutter was sent to Albany to start the year. Of the ones you mentioned, Bowman, Borer, and Samson have had the fewest minutes. Boychuk and Rodney haven't been down except in brief stints for the last couple of months, e.g. the Olympic break. Also, it wasn't the Rats that lost those 14 games in a row at the start of the year, but the vets.

Remarkably, the Rats have actually made the AHL playoffs in spite of all the callups and most of the Rats that can go back are going back now that the season's over.

Will be interesting to see if JR will try to use his bushel of picks and someone with a pulse as bait to move up in the draft or whether he'll use those picks to restock the soon-to-be Charlotte Checkers for next year as most fans want current Rats like McBain, Boychuk, and Rodney to become permanent Canes players (and continue to whittle down the remainder of the older, players on the roster like Brind'Amour, Cole, and Samsonov).
Old 04-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #1437
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post

I wish I was. I didn't witness it myself. I was out on errands and listening to the radio. I went into one store and the game was 0-0 and came out to find out that it was 3-0 and that they all came on shorties from the same power play. In seeing the highlights, Ward did get hung out to dry on a couple of them, but he should have had the save on two of them (the backhander that started it and the third one that he was able to get a piece of but not stop). Still blows my mind.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #1438
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post

To be fair, it was more a complete breakdown in Carolina's end than the Bruins dominating the run of play. Ward should've stopped Paille's shot but he had no chance on Wheeler's since it was a one timer. Begin's was a long pass followed by a rush. I think he let the last one in because he was rattled. IMHO Maurice should've called timeout after the second goal.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #1439
samifan24
Pro Starter

PS- Brandon Sutter is nasty.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #1440
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
PS- Brandon Sutter is nasty.

The guy does all the dirty work that Staal tends to avoid like the plague unless he's really on his game and not sulking too much. I'm still dumbfounded that he didn't start the year in Raleigh given how he pretty much owned the second line once he came up more or less permanently after the first couple of weeks of the season. It didn't hurt that injuries and Brind'Amour's continued plunge off a cliff skill-wise gave him the room to do so, of course. He's the clear #2 center going into next year and beyond. If he can figure out face-offs and breakaway situations, he's going to be a tremendous player. (This can be said of a lot of Hurricanes players because Brind'Amour is the only good face-off guy we've got and he's a fourth-liner now and everyone outside of Jokinen and maybe LaRose is utterly wretched in breakaway situations.)
Old 04-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #1441
DeToxRox
Head Coach

HA! Matt Cooke .. you got knocked the fuck out.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 04-10-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #1442
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Also, Stamkos with #49 and #50 tonight. Kid is a monster. He and Ovechkin are going to be doing some serious battling for the Maurice Richard the next 10 years.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:48 PM   #1443
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Just...damn.... I wouldn't be chuckling so much if Cooke really got badly hurt there, but yeah, Kane scored a knockout that his namesake would've been proud of.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #1444
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Glad you found something, I was looking for a good picture to post as well.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #1445
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The background to that, naturally, is that Kane had dared to check Cindy in the first period. They spent the rest of the period & the start of the second going after Kane who responded with what is almost certainly the signature moment of an otherwise meh season in Atlanta & quite possibly cements him as the new face of the franchise (such as it is) far more than anything else that's happened all year.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #1446
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Kane's dad was also an amateur boxer. Ya'd think Cooke would have figured out he was going after someone who *gasp* dare defend himself.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:21 AM   #1447
bhlloy
Coordinator

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Hilarious.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:07 AM   #1448
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Kane just shot up my list of favorite players from "just another guy" to "hoping he ends up on the Ducks one day".

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:21 AM   #1449
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FYI...for anyone who cares.

Tomorrow's game between the Ducks and Oilers might be one to catch if you have Center Ice. It's an altogether meaningless game, playoffs-wise, but two of the game's greats could be playing their last games.

Teemu and Niedermayer have been expected to call it quits this offseason.

Niedermayer's a true champ, although, IMO, he's obviously not the same as he once was (still good, though, for stretches).

Teemu's my personal favorite player. I have met him in person and shook his hand, and his contributions on the ice and his personality off the ice are almost without match. There has been a groundswell of support, it seems, for Teemu to come back one more year, given how well he has played this year, and he hasn't been 100% saying he will retire. That said, I still think tomorrow is the last NHL game for the Finnish Flash.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #1450
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Sad to hear about Teemu and Niedermayer. If you get a chance check out the clips of Modano's last game in Dallas. Had the game tying and shoot out winning goal in the game against the Ducks.