Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
Groundhog
Coordinator

XBOX 360 Sound Through A PC?

I recently plugged my 360 back in to my PC monitor to take advantage of the better picture than my standard-def TV, but realised I have a problem. Since moving I threw out my stereo that I used to hook the 360 up to via a standard AV cable to get the sound, and now I am trying to figure out the best way to get the sound back.

I haven't tried playing around with it yet, but would it be possible to get the two audio outputs (red + white) from the 360, get a joiner-input connecter thing to make them one channel, and then plug them in to like my mic port on my PC? Would that work? I imagine there's a better way to do it than that.

Last edited by Groundhog : 09-03-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I recently plugged my 360 back in to my PC monitor to take advantage of the better picture than my standard-def TV, but realised I have a problem. Since moving I threw out my stereo that I used to hook the 360 up to via a standard AV cable to get the sound, and now I am trying to figure out the best way to get the sound back.

I haven't tried playing around with it yet, but would it be possible to get the two audio outputs (red + white) from the 360, get a joiner-input connecter thing to make them one channel, and then plug them in to like my mic port on my PC? Would that work? I imagine there's a better way to do it than that.

I got a joiner-input connector thing with the VGA cable I bought, and yeah it works perfectly fine like how you mentioned. Did you buy the MS VGA adapter or something else? Seems odd you didn't get one.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #3
sabotai
General Manager

I got a joiner-input with the VGA cable as well...I think. Wherever I got it, I got one, so they do make them.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
Groundhog
Coordinator

Thanks guys.

I quite probably DID have one as I imagine that must've been how I connected it up to my stereo in the first place, but it looks like I might have misplaced it during my move a month ago.

Good to know that works anyhow, I should be able to track one down at an electronics store.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:15 AM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

Here is what mine looks like.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Splitter...&s=electronics

Just to give you an idea of what you're looking for.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I bought a 360 today and decided to hook it up to my computer Monitor & Speakers. I bought a Microsoft Xbox VGA cable, and was able to attach that to my monitor with no problem. Video is good.

My issue is with the sound. I bought a 3.5mm female-to-female coupler and an extra regular 3.5mm standard cable. The VGA Cable from above also contains the normal red/white audio cables. It includes an attachment so that the red/white cables connect to this adapter that has the regular 3.5mm connection on the other end. So I take that cable, attach it to the coupler, and plug the speaker wire into the other end. But no sound is coming out. If I plug in a pair of headphones, I can hear the Xbox audio. If I plug in the wire connected to my speaker jack on my computer, I hear that as well.

What could cause the speakers to work for the PC but not for the XBox? The speakers are Creative 2.1 with a subwoofer.

Thanks for your suggestions...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Nevermind. I found a youtube video that showed connecting the xbox sound output to the microphone jack of my computer. No extra cords required.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote