Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

Action! College Basketball Opinions

Opinions on Dave Koch Action! College Basketball Game

I am getting the itch with the NCAA Tourney going on and Dave Koch has a sale going on for the NCAA tourney teams and the College Basketball game. I had once a few years ago tried out a previous version of the game but returned it. I am wondering what people think of it now with the more recent versions of the college basketball game?

I know it has a ton of in game strategy that is there as options. But I wonder if these really have a influence on game play or if they are just window dressing. I know the game engine is hidden but since it is a pc game and not a board game that is not a probelm as long as the game strategies have an itching I did not like about the older version was the tournament did not populate the ncaa tourney which it now does so that is a plus. The game does not have AI team specific mangers I think which would be the big negative. So, can anyone tell me who has the game if teams play anywhere's close to how they should. So, will a team with strong defensive players use the press more for example or is it same for evry team/

Dan

Last edited by Galaril : 03-19-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
whomario
Pro Starter

allways though theese kind of games were huge ripoffs, but thatīs maybe just because i really donīt value "authenticity" in terms of rosters and everyting and like the long-term managing part of other games much more, FBCB f.e. has been dusted out in anticipation of the tournament a week ago and i canīt wait for version 2.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
allways though theese kind of games were huge ripoffs, but thatīs maybe just because i really donīt value "authenticity" in terms of rosters and everyting and like the long-term managing part of other games much more, FBCB f.e. has been dusted out in anticipation of the tournament a week ago and i canīt wait for version 2.

Oh geez I forgot about FBCB. I got to go find that again.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote