Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Cleaning a Car Interior

Long story short, between Monsoon Season 2010 (11.5 inches over 3 days - 6 of 8 routes out of town still closed today) and my occasional knack for doing retarded things, my car got a little wet. The good news* is it started after a jump today, and I only need to replace some fluids - the bad news about it not being totaled is I actually have to figure out how to clean it up now. The water only got an inch or two above the floorboards, so the seats weren't particularly bad, and I pulled the floormats out and threw some towels in to hopefully soak up some moisture before they're finished fixing the engine, but is there any company that specializes in this? Are they expensive? I've heard use a wet-dry vac, blow dryers, my personal favorite of just rolling down the windows and coming back in 3 days, but I'd really rather avoid mold. So who has experience trying to get their car's interior cleaned? (*Other good news - it's not leather at all, I'm pretty sure it was all "clean" rainwater and nothing like sewage or even mud that got in the interior. I'm also not asking for a miracle - I coach and play enough sports that the car's been wet and had smelly equipment in it enough - but I just want to make sure there isn't any mold growing that is unhealthy.)

BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
SteveMax58
College Starter

I would call the Wolf.

SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Buy this.

Amazon.com: Bissell 1400-7 Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth-Friendly Deep Cleaner: Home & Garden

Just use a wet/dry vacuum to suck up any excess moisture/dirt, then scour it with the Greenie. That thing is incredible.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
hhiipp
College Prospect

If you have engine trouble now from the water I imagine you're going to have electrical and possibly other engine problems in the future. Water does bad things to cars the interior is just a start of what could end up being a very big deal.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiipp View Post
If you have engine trouble now from the water I imagine you're going to have electrical and possibly other engine problems in the future. Water does bad things to cars the interior is just a start of what could end up being a very big deal.
Oh I know - I half-assumed the whole thing was fucked and it wasn't worth fixing. When I say "fixing the engine" I mean I had the dealership looking over everything that could be wrong. I admit I have little idea about cars and leave it to people who do.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
RedKingGold
College Starter

Semen leaves a nasty stain.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote