Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
Flasch186
Coordinator

HOw much would you pay for...

I have an existing 12 x 20 covered Cathedral ceiling porch that is already screened in...

to replace the screens with the:

EZE-Breeze Sliding Panels from PGTindustries.com

Someone offered to do it for ~$3500 but I cant find any other references. Ill call in quotes next week but its a Saturday night and am curious now.

Well, what do you think?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 01-30-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Does the 3500 include the materials?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Does the 3500 include the materials?

I thought so.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 01-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
Swaggs
Coordinator

Do they have to take the window casing off to change them out?

How wide is the side that is adjacent to your house (and presumably will not need a screen)?

If they are providing the materials, installing, and removing all the debris -- my initial thought is that $3500 would be on the high end of reasonable. I'm not familiar with the product, but it sounds like something that is franchised, so you might not have a whole lot of options (just a guess) for installers.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
Flasch186
Coordinator

The EZE-Breeze movable vinyl window fits in the hole of the Screened enclosure frame. So there is no window casing there now.

The side widest to the home is the 20' side.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 01-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

(I swear- I rarely know what the hell Flasch is talking about. I live on a planet where I go to the store and then do some research online and then go "hm... this sounds like a good deal on product X" but "product X" is never a particular name hand-made, brand-name ceiling fan or sectional set imported from Denmark or "covered Cathedral ceiling porch" with "EZE-Breeze Sliding Panels from PGTindustries.com". Please tell me I'm not the only one, right? Please?!? Or is there like some mythical store where all this exists that I just don't know about?)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-30-2010 at 10:25 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I was fully prepared to give the answer for sex coming into this thread.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #8
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Working trough this intuitively...

It sounds as though you're looking at about eleven 4' panels for this job. It shouldn't take more than a day for two guys or half a day for three guys to install if you're not having to custom fabricate. Figure no more than 16 manhours of labor tops, at an upper end of $50 an hour. This isn't the kind of thing you need a master craftsman for. So with $800 labor in the project, it comes down to the cost of the screens per unit. So if they're $300, you're getting a "good" deal. If they're $250, it's an "okay" deal, and if it's $200, you're getting gouged a bit.

A quick Google, unfortunately, didn't turn up pricing information. You might need to head to a local dealer that carries them and check. Either that or see if he'll give an intemized estimate to let you know how much he's charging for materials and for labor. It may be that he's charging for dumpster and removal in that price; I dunno.

One thing that's not clear from your first post is, are you WANTING to spend that kind of cash on your porch? Is it in disrepair, or is this a product to which you've been looking at upgrading? I'm looking at the brochure and it seems like it's the sort of upgrade I'd pay two grand for, not four grand. YMMV...
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:03 AM   #9
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
(I swear- I rarely know what the hell Flasch is talking about. I live on a planet where I go to the store and then do some research online and then go "hm... this sounds like a good deal on product X" but "product X" is never a particular name hand-made, brand-name ceiling fan or sectional set imported from Denmark or "covered Cathedral ceiling porch" with "EZE-Breeze Sliding Panels from PGTindustries.com". Please tell me I'm not the only one, right? Please?!? Or is there like some mythical store where all this exists that I just don't know about?)

SI

I've been looking at houses in the Tampa area and noticed a lot of them have screened in patio's. When looking for houses in Louisiana, I don't recall a whole lot of these (if any)...so I'm guessing this is big in Florida compared to other places.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:10 AM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

SI

It's not just you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote