Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

USC QB Aaron Corp to transfer to Richmond?

I'm seeing blog posts and rumors and such, but haven't been able to find a real news site to confirm.

Any word from the USC/UCLA crowd?

Sounds like QB Aaron Corp will transfer to the University of Richmond with two years of eligibility left, able to play in the fall. Rumors are that he'll start classes next week.

Not good news for the rest of the CAA, oof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

Not a shock here, USC has made it clear Barkley is the man and Corp s still a solid talent. I am worried about BYU losing either Jason Munns or James Lark, who were both highly regard QBs coming out of HS if Heaps wins the starting job as a true freshman as well.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
bhlloy
Coordinator

I feel very sorry for Corp. He wasn't treated fairly by Carroll and shouldn't have lost the starting job when injured short-term. He was just a placeholder for Barkley to get the job and that's not right IMO. If Carroll was going to name Barkley the starter as soon as possible (and that's what everybody knew was going to happen) he shouldn't have screwed around with Corp like that and destroyed his confidence. At very least it should have been an "open competition" going into fall camp.

That being said, he's never really looked like a very good QB at USC. His arm is waaaay below average and he's a bit of a wallflower - not a leader or vocal at all. Even if his confidence was low his performance versus UW was the worst performance I've ever seen by a QB since I've been watching college football. I've never seen a guy physically not be able to throw the ball further than 15 yards before, refuse to run past the line of scrimmage or just throw the ball into a big crowd in the middle of the field rather than taking a sack or trying to make a play with his feet. Just an unbelievably bad performance and a real headscratcher for a kid whose upside is supposed to be his mobility and decision making.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, this was being bandied about yesterday on the UCLA boards. I forget what the source was, but I assume it originally came from a USC board [probably weare (a bunch of butt pirates) sc.com].

I don't know if it's confirmed, but it certainly makes sense.

Okay I might have added the part about the butt pirates.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-07-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think Biggins broke the story
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I think Bigguns broke the story

Shit, I thought that was just on Married With Children. They're doing sports now?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quick, better convene a meeting of No Ma'am to get on this

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It is definitely confirmed. I disagree with bhlloy. Corp had the chance to be the starter, but his injury cost him that starting job in the short term this year. In the long term, once Barkley led the comeback at Ohio State, there was no going back to Corp as a starter without an injury. Once Corp played the worst game of any QB I've ever seen from a USC QB (and I went to every game that Rob Johnson started along with a few other even less memorable QB's) against Washington and then looked bad in latter mop up duty, I knew that he was probably going to transfer. I can't blame him and wish him the best of luck at Richmond, seems like a very good choice for him and I think he could be great there if they spread out the field, allow him to make short throws, and use his plus athleticism.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-07-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote