Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #251
RainMaker
General Manager

Crazy game and I'm not sure what to think. I'm happy the Bears won and beat a team I dislike, but I also hope this isn't an excuse to give Lovie another year.

Also, I almost muted the game in the 2nd half. The Favre fest is getting ridiculous. Daniel Manning has a monster return and they spend the next 30 seconds on a cutoff to Favre's reaction. Just horrible to listen to all around and glad I've been skipping MNF most of the season.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:17 AM   #252
NewIdentity
High School JV

Anyone know why Manning did not return the kick in O.T. ?
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:29 AM   #253
RainMaker
General Manager

I thought Lovie said he strained a calf in the post-game press conference but I could have sworn he was the upman on the return team in OT. Tough to say with Lovie since he rotates return men regardless of how well they do.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #254
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'd like to thank the Bears for beating Minnesota last night. I'd like to encourage Dallas and the Giants to play their best games of the year next week, and I'd like to encourage Green Bay to rest all their starters next week against my beloved Cards so that they can take the #2 seed.

Pretty wild really that they could get that seed given the standings a couple weeks ago.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:17 AM   #255
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hey Radii,

Saw on the ESPN ticker last night that according to the Charlotte paper John Fox is being offered the chance to return next season. Man I hope that's not accurate, I'm real tired of his conservative game play.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #256
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I dont think anyone really thought the Bengals were any higher than a 6-12 best team which is how they have been playing IMO.

Why you make the Bengals play 18 games?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #257
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post

6th to 12th best team.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #258
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post

Somewhere JBMagic is smiling.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #259
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Saw on the ESPN ticker last night that according to the Charlotte paper John Fox is being offered the chance to return next season. Man I hope that's not accurate, I'm real tired of his conservative game play.

Yeah I would have posted about that yesterday but I was too annoyed to form a complete thought on the subject. Actually, I think that's still the case! I see more Delhomme interceptions and many, many more runs up the middle on 3rd and 11 in my future. HOORAY.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #260
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Dolphins still the only undefeated team in modern NFL history.

Fixed. There's also these guys:

1920 Akron Pros
1922 Canton Bulldogs
1923 Canton Bulldogs
1929 Green Bay Packers
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #261
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Yeah I would have posted about that yesterday but I was too annoyed to form a complete thought on the subject. Actually, I think that's still the case! I see more Delhomme interceptions and many, many more runs up the middle on 3rd and 11 in my future. HOORAY.

well if the reports are true, he's not being offered a contract extension if he does return. So a bad season should finally be the end of him in Carolina. Can't imagine them being good enough to save his job with all the holes they have, especially if Peppers leaves.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #262
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
That's funny...

McNabb is funny!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #263
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
McNabb is funny!

You Cowboys fans and your rapier-like wit...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #264
Senator

Quote:

Yes, but with a Pappenheimer handle.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 12-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #265
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

As a Carolina fan, it's obvious we need changes, but I think its at OC and not HC. I appreciate John Fox and think hes a solid but not spectacular coach. He has his problems, and most coaches do. Gotta remember there is not much better out there unless we think we have a shot at Shanahan/Gruden/Cowher.

I say move in a better OC and see what happens, but thats just me.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #266
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

I agree. All Cowboy fans are racists. Or is that rapists? Either way, it can't be good.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 12-29-2009 at 04:23 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #267
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
As a Carolina fan, it's obvious we need changes, but I think its at OC and not HC. I appreciate John Fox and think hes a solid but not spectacular coach. He has his problems, and most coaches do. Gotta remember there is not much better out there unless we think we have a shot at Shanahan/Gruden/Cowher.

I've become a hardliner on this, and i'm way over on the extreme I'm sure, but I've wanted Delhomme gone since 2005 and Fox gone for the last 3 years. Delhomme is a HORRIBLE QB to put in a system that is built around ball control, the running game and defense. What the hell kind of sense does it make to build a team that is happy punting and playing a field position game and then put a turnover prone gunslinger at QB.

Fox's playcalling, clock management, and the discipline of the team(which I put on Fox) have all been declining heavily every year since 2005 IMO.

Mostly though, I'm afraid that if Fox wasn't able/willing to bench Delhomme this year, that he never will. That's unforgivable to me.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #268
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Bill Polian, possibly from mars? Not sure yet.

"We did not feel 16-0 was a historic achievement."

Guy is an idiot. Worst justification ever. He just keeps digging himself a hole.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #269
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post

Cowher has children going to school in the Triangle area and has heavy North Carolina ties. I think the Panthers have a leg up in luring him here.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #270
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Bill Polian, possibly from mars? Not sure yet.

"We did not feel 16-0 was a historic achievement."

Guy is an idiot. Worst justification ever. He just keeps digging himself a hole.

He's right...16-0 has been accomplished.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #271
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I agree. All Cowboy fans are racists. Or is that rapists? Either way, it can't be good.

no, it can't.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #272
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Philly is on a 6 game winning streak. Dallas has big game Romo and Wade Phillips. I'd be glad to place a bet on Philly any time with that scenario.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #273
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

As many things have gone wrong for Philly this first half, at least they are only down by 17 and I wouldn't be surprised if they get at least 3 here.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #274
Senator

This is all a big setup for next week isn't it?

Old 01-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #275
Logan
Head Coach

You guys realize you're posting in the week 16 thread right?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #276
Senator

I was.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #277
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
They aren't going to be the #2 seed. Philly will take care of business next week.

they are taking care of business! the business of giving Minnesota the 2 seed, haha.