Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #551
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Both bad choices. Wayne b/c of matchup and PT, Rice b/c of the weather and possible run heavy scheme. Tough.

2 questions.

Championship game PPR league
Ive had serious hardship at RB with injuries/platoon/etc. Shouldnt be here, going against the best team in the league and have little to no chance. Would really just like to put my highest scoring team out there and pray to the FF gods.

Start 2 of these 4.'
Fred Jackson vs ATL
Jason Snelling vs BUF
Felix Jones vs WSH
Michael Bush vs CLE

Pick 1 WR, again pt per recep.
Donnie Avery vs ARI
Santana Moss vs DAL
James Jones vs SEA
Michael Jenkins vs BUF

I'd go Jackson and Snelling for the RBs. I'd be tempted to start Felix Jones too.

Just draw a name on the WRs. I'd be half tempted to tell you James Jones because of the weather they're going to play in and the fact Seattle doesn't seem to care at this point.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #552
sooner333
College Starter

Brandon Jacobs vs. CAR or Lawrence Maroney vs. JAC (or Ganther vs. DAL) to start alongside Gore.

Leaning Maroney because Jacobs gave up a lot of carries to Bradshaw last week, but NE is so hit-and-miss on the run.

Last edited by sooner333 : 12-27-2009 at 11:00 AM.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #553
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
First time I've needed a bit of help this season. I need weather advice. I've got David Garrard @ the pats (snow?) Jason Campbell at home in DC (snow?) and Matt Moore at the NY Giants (snow? lol) I have no idea what or who to start.

please help.

ps. normally I'd go with Campbell as he has had the better season, and Garrard is absolutely dreadful on the road, in fact Im 90% sure he hasn't thrown a single td on the road this season. but I really don't have any idea what to do.

Oh how I wish I had started Matt Moore... but the good news is I didn't start Garrard, and once again he sucked. so now I'm going with Campbell, hope he does something...
Old 12-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #554
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
Brandon Jacobs vs. CAR or Lawrence Maroney vs. JAC (or Ganther vs. DAL) to start alongside Gore.

Leaning Maroney because Jacobs gave up a lot of carries to Bradshaw last week, but NE is so hit-and-miss on the run.

Well, Jacobs and Maroney certainly did not deliver.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #555
rowech
Pro Starter

Cost myself 9 points by going with Mendhall over Harrison...gonna take a miracle for me to win.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #556
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Smith, Snelling and Crabtree. SFO D.

Hate to go SF heavy but Crabtree is going to do damage vs the Lions secondary sadly. You'll double up with Smith for a ton of points.

Snelling is a must start at RB. Buffalo is awful vs the run, and Snelling is the Falcons only healthy RB.

On D, the Niners face Drew Stanton, Maurice Morris and Calvin Johnson. Johnson is good but he's been ineffective because of awful QB play, and I don't see it stopping this week.

This is a bit scary, having all my playoff eggs in one basket. So far, so good. There's something very unsettling about the way Alex Smith simply doesn't seem to care where he throws the ball.

I did get a nasty postcard from Brett Favre. He's unhappy I didn't start him today.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #557
Atocep
Coordinator

So the TD by Roy Williams (my #3 receivers have been terrible this season) pulled me to within 10 in our championship game. Basically I need another TD by Williams or a TD by Miles Austin to win (assuming I get another 4 points in yardage from those 2).
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #558
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Well, Jacobs and Maroney certainly did not deliver.

No kidding. The correct answer would have been "drop Ganther and pick up someone else." I need Sidney Rice and Ryan Longwell to have great games tomorrow. Looking unlikely.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #559
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Oh how I wish I had started Matt Moore... but the good news is I didn't start Garrard, and once again he sucked. so now I'm going with Campbell, hope he does something...

Scratch what I said about Garrard... FML. I HATE YOU JASON CAMPBELL.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #560
henry296
College Starter

I need 10 points from Sidney Rice tomorrow for third place.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #561
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

if Tony Romo doesn't get any more points tonite, I basically need Adrian Peterson to outscore Minnesota's D and I'll get the win.

Although I Would really really appreciate a garbage time TD by Campbell here at the end, man if that happens it will make it a whole lot easier for Peterson.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 12-27-2009 at 10:21 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #562
Thomkal
Head Coach

Damn you Tony Romo for having a good game last night! damn me too for leaving Charles in at RB instead of Harrison-we would have tied for the championship if I had done that.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #563
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like I was right in picking up Harrison for my team in the championship game. I have a 26 point lead with my opponent having Longwell going tonight so, barring an epic night for him tonight, I should win. (The highest point total for any week this season for a kicker was 19)

If someone would have told me that my lineup in Week 16 at QB and RB would have been J Charles, J. Harrison and Alex Smith, I would have thought I was playing for last place.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #564
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I need Adrian Peterson to score about 30 points tonight.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #565
Silver Owl
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
If someone would have told me that my lineup in Week 16 at QB and RB would have been J Charles, J. Harrison and Alex Smith, I would have thought I was playing for last place.

I won my championship yesterday with J. Harrison and A. Smith, had L. Tomlinson and P. Manning on the bench. Somehow that doesn't seem right.
Silver Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #566
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Somehow, made it to the finals with easily the worst draft I've ever had.

1. (3) Matt Forte RB (Benched)
2. (22) Ronnie Brown RB (IR - Released)
3. (27) Greg Jennings WR
4. (46) Roy Williams WR (Benched)
5. (51) Pittsburgh DEF (Benched)
6. (70) Ray Rice RB
7. (75) Torry Holt WR (Released)
8. (94) Carson Palmer QB (Benched)
9. (99) Domenik Hixon WR (Released)
10. (118) Dustin Keller TE (Released)
11. (123) Earl Bennett WR (Released)
12. (142) Tim Hightower RB (Released)
13. (147) Jake Delhomme QB (Released)
14. (166) Kevin Curtis WR (Released)
15. (171) Nick Folk K (Released)

I made one very good pick (Rice in the 6th round, supposed to be just a backup for bye weeks and bad matchups). I made one decent pick (Jennings in the 3rd - not spectacular, but at least he'll get 16 starts for me).

The league has an unusual bonus for points allowed, so I drafted Pittsburgh early (causing no end of cursing from others), and the Steelers turned out to be mediocre on defense this year.

Palmer was decent the first few weeks, then fell apart. Never had to use Delhomme, thankfully.

I just got very lucky picking up solid free agents the week before they broke out. Starters included Miles Austin, Michael Crabtree, Brett Favre, Vernon Davis (someone released him during his bye week, no idea why, and I had a high waiver number that week) and Justin Forsett somehow earned me two wins.

Not much chance in the finals, though. The top-seeded Peyton Manning team lost by two points to a team led by Jonathan Stewart. Both scored a lot more than I did this week.

So.... week 17. Do I stick with Alex Smith or go back to Favre? Is Hakeem Nicks worth starting over Crabtree? Do I dump Garrett Hartley for a hotter kicker? (sound like a teenage girl there)
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #567
MikeVic
Head Coach

Horrible end to my two money leagues... I felt like I had a finals-worthy team in each league, but finished 4th (and out of money) in both.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #568
DanGarion
Coordinator

I ended up pulling a Patriots and lost 105-95 in the championship game, 15-1...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #569
henry296
College Starter

The Sidney Rice touchdown on the last drive won my third place game by 2 points. Should've been in the finals, but didn't start Big Ben last week. I did end up winning the most points title which also paid out.