Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #1201
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
According to the review I read, that's exactly what they solved.

It was clear to anyone who played the game for more than a few hours that the repetive game play was by far the worst issue with that game. I played it one night, saw the issue and became immediately bored by the entire thing.

Agreed. I don't know how anybody could play that game and not be bored to tears by it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #1202
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am an hour in to AC2 which isn't much time to pass judgment, but so far it is more engaging then the original. It's a wide open environment so there are no real restrictions but I haven't done too many missions yet which was the biggest problem in AC1.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #1203
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

What is AC2?

I think we need to make a rule that no acronyms are used until the actual game is mentioned once in the post. No more "I'm really loving DHRLL! What a great game DHRLL is! Go buy DHRLL!".
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #1204
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

AC2 is Assassin's Creed 2. I loved the first one for the first few hours, but the repetition killed it for me. If they really fixed that, I'm looking forward to playing it at some point in the future.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #1205
Kodos
Resident Alien

AC2 is Assassin's Creed Deux.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #1206
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Nintendo are finally offering demos of WiiWare games, I like what I've played of NyxQuest and My Life as a Darklord after trying them out and I'll probably get one or both of them after beating the new Mario game. It's better late than never. Now I wish they could do the same thing for Wii retail games though the console's limited memory might prevent that from being possible.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #1207
RainMaker
General Manager

COD MW2 has sort of made my 360 crazy. It was vibrating and making loud buzzing noises as it plays. I know the 360 hardware is a hunk of shit, but is this the hardware or the disc? I've heard that certain high resource games can fuck with the system.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:12 AM   #1208
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
IGN says it's fixed. They actually said that if the series continues to improve the next will be on par with the GTA games.

Most would argue that the GTA series has grown repetitive, so I'm not sure that's a glowing example of the game being less repetitive. We'll just assume it was a poor choice of examples.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 11-18-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #1209
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

The last one was certainly a critical and commercial failure.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #1210
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
COD MW2 has sort of made my 360 crazy. It was vibrating and making loud buzzing noises as it plays. I know the 360 hardware is a hunk of shit, but is this the hardware or the disc? I've heard that certain high resource games can fuck with the system.

I got a disc read error my first night of playing Modern Warfare 2, and the drive was definitely spinning hard prior to that. So I installed the game to my hard drive and will play it from there from now on, which is something you may want to consider as well.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #1211
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

My credit card CANNOT take it anymore. I thought I would pass on AC 2.. but alas, the reviews are VERY positive..

and L4D2.. wow.. now if I can only get my kids to stop playing!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #1212
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Anyone tried Lego Indiana Jones 2 or Super Mario Wii? I'd like to get one for my son and I to play, don't know which. Indiana Jones got some initially bad ratings, but it's seemed to come back up when some more mainstream places starting reviewing it.

My son would like either, but I just want to make sure it's worth playing.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:58 PM   #1213
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Anyone tried Lego Indiana Jones 2 or Super Mario Wii? I'd like to get one for my son and I to play, don't know which. Indiana Jones got some initially bad ratings, but it's seemed to come back up when some more mainstream places starting reviewing it.

My son would like either, but I just want to make sure it's worth playing.

I've been really having a good time with Super Mario Wii, but I haven't gotten into the multiplayer at all.

Lego Indy 2 is basically Lego Indy 1 + Crystal Skull + level editor. Anybody who's bashing it is doing so on the basis of it not being "new" enough. Unlike Star Wars, which had two separate trilogies, or Harry Potter, which has seven freaking books to draw from, there's just not that much source material after the first three Indy movies.

So making a sequel is kind of pointless, and I can see where it would piss people off.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #1214
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI.......Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta starts today on the PS3.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 11-19-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #1215
Kodos
Resident Alien

Since I haven't bought Call of Duty MW 2, I fired up Resistance: Fall of Man. Very good game so far. Varied missions, good story. I'm liking it.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #1216
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I've been really having a good time with Super Mario Wii, but I haven't gotten into the multiplayer at all.

Lego Indy 2 is basically Lego Indy 1 + Crystal Skull + level editor. Anybody who's bashing it is doing so on the basis of it not being "new" enough. Unlike Star Wars, which had two separate trilogies, or Harry Potter, which has seven freaking books to draw from, there's just not that much source material after the first three Indy movies.

So making a sequel is kind of pointless, and I can see where it would piss people off.

Thanks. I think we'll get Super Mario now and wait till Indiana Jones goes down some. If it's like the original, then my son will be fine with it. It may not be worth putting $50 into, but I'll definitely pick it up sometime.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #1217
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

"Finished" New Super Mario Bros. Wii last night with my roommate - we started from world one, intentionally found the Warp Cannon in World 1, then accidentally found the Warp Cannon in World 5 which took us all the way to World 8. World 8 was fantastic, though I really wish that they would have made it longer - it was very difficult and had a few really cool mechanics, but there were only I think 5 levels within the world. Also, the final battle was suitably epic, and didn't leave me wanting in any way. I can't wait to go back and really dig into the game, checking out each world along the way.

I still have yet to try single player mode (I've played only 2-player up to this point), and I also can't wait to try more than 2 people at a time. The potential for humor with multiple people playing this game is awesome - we spent just as much time laughing at ourselves and each other for killing one another as we did playing the game. For example, in the World 8 mini-castle, we encountered some very narrow ledges we had to jump across, so we decided we would carry one another through. My roommate picked up my character and started jumping...and then inexplicably (and accidentally) threw my character right into some spikes. Took us about 5 minutes to settle down from laughing enough to play the game again. It is a pretty fantastic way to take the sting out of multiple failures - half the time we died it was to foolish mistakes, and with each other to laugh at, continuing multiple times was not at all frustrating.

Also, for those who don't know and are curious about the large coins:

Spoiler

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 11-19-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #1218
MJ4H
Coordinator

Man I can't wait to get NSMBW
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #1219
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

These games all sound great, but I'm holding out for NSSFCTRRXE, that game is going to beat them all!
Old 11-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #1220
Kodos
Resident Alien

Don't forget LADJFPOADKJ:LKADLKFJ 2. It will own us all.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #1221
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

fwiw NSBMW ifb imo

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-19-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #1222
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I can't wait til NAMBLA gets released.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #1223
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Don't forget LADJFPOADKJ:LKADLKFJ 2. It will own us all.

+1

On preorder already.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:04 PM   #1224
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Any word yet on what the first DLC will be?
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #1225
MJ4H
Coordinator

Man I can't wait to get GFYS.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #1226
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I just pulled off some cool stuff in the new Mario game, I watched one of the hint videos for getting infinite men in 2-5 but on my way to that spot I managed to get 41 in a different spot in between two blocks where a Lakitu kept dropping spines. I needed the the 1ups too, I was running low because the World 5 castle is kicking my ass so far, I hate the way that green block taunts me when every time I have to start the level over again. This game rocks.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #1227
MJ4H
Coordinator

Downloaded demo for Bit Trip Beat from the Wii Shop Channel yesterday. I loved it. Anyone played it or any of the other Bit Trip games? Great stuff.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #1228
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I just pulled off some cool stuff in the new Mario game, I watched one of the hint videos for getting infinite men in 2-5 but on my way to that spot I managed to get 41 in a different spot in between two blocks where a Lakitu kept dropping spines. I needed the the 1ups too, I was running low because the World 5 castle is kicking my ass so far, I hate the way that green block taunts me when every time I have to start the level over again. This game rocks.

World 5 was extremely difficult. We were both excited (and pretty surprised) when we found the Warp Cannon and were able to get out of the level.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #1229
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I beat NSMB Wii tonight, going through all eight worlds without warps. That final level is probably the best one in the series. Compared to the other 2D Marios I put this game right up there with Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros. 3, it's that good and so much better than NSMB DS. The game gets hard in some of the latter stages (though there are a few easier ones mixed in even on worlds 6 through 8) but it's never unfair. Immediately after beating the game I went back to the beginning to get the three star coins on every level in order to...

Spoiler

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-29-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #1230
DeToxRox
Head Coach

IGN Advertisement

Rogue Warrior = Worst "next gen" game ever? IGN thinks so.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #1231
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

More info about Final Fantasy XIII in the Famitsu review of the game (got a 39/40).

-FFXIII will be on a dual layered blu-ray disc. MGS4 is the only other game to use one.
-No installs
-PS3 version will remain uncompressed due to lack of size constraints.
-You can restart battles.

Really happy about no installs and the restart battle option.

Announcement was also made that White Knight Chronicles will be released in U.S. and Europe on February 5th. That and FFXIII should keep RPG people busy this spring.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #1232
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
IGN Advertisement

Rogue Warrior = Worst "next gen" game ever? IGN thinks so.

Pity, 'cause I love Marcinko. But I had a feeling the game would be about like this. I didn't know they were using Mickey Rourke for the voice though, so at least I learned something.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-09-2009 at 10:08 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #1233
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

For PS3 owners, Pixeljunk Shooter is a GREAT game. I'm a fan of most of their games and I think this game is probably their best offering yet. It's a lot of fun and easy to pick up.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #1234
RainMaker
General Manager

Are there any good online co-op games out there? Been playing Borderlands with a friend and looking for more games we can play online together. Have played Army of Two and the old Crackdown.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #1235
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Are there any good online co-op games out there? Been playing Borderlands with a friend and looking for more games we can play online together. Have played Army of Two and the old Crackdown.

While I am not sure about how the on-line experience is (since I mainly do split-screen), here are a few:

Rainbow Six: Las Vegas 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Ghost Recond Advanced Warfighter: 2
Modern Warfare 2: Special Ops missions
Gears of War
Gears of War II

Check out this website for some more:

Co-Optimus - Your Prime Source for Co-Op Gaming!

Co-Op games are my specialty.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #1236
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

Co-Op games are my specialty.

We know it can't be hockey.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #1237
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

MIKEVIC WITH THE SUPLEX
Old 12-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #1238
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ghost Recond Advanced Warfighter: 2

Thanks, we do try very hard
Old 12-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #1239
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New 4:00 trailer with actual gameplay footage of new Red Dead game.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #1240
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
We know it can't be hockey.

You're mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
MIKEVIC WITH THE SUPLEX

Stop encouraging him.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #1241
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
New 4:00 trailer with actual gameplay footage of new Red Dead game.

Yeah, this game is looking very promising. Assuming the reviews on gameplay come back positive, this is probably my next big video game time investment...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #1242
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Grand Theft Horse
Old 12-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #1243
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Grand Theft Horse

lol
Old 12-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #1244
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Grand Theft Horse

Carlos Mencia?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #1245
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Carlos Mencia?
No, I think that's Grand Theft Joke.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:09 AM   #1246
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
No, I think that's Grand Theft Joke.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #1247
SportsDino
College Prospect

I'll probably give Red Dead a run... ever since ye olde nintendo "Lone Ranger" I've been looking for an open world western game. And i generally love me some Grand Theft Auto anyway.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #1248
RainMaker
General Manager

Red Dead is a definite buy. Not a huge Western fan but it's different looking which is a plus where everything seems to be amped up FPS. I wonder how big the environment will be, from what they are saying, it seems massive.

I'd love to see Rockstar create a police game. Sort of a Police Quest in a sandbox environment where you can make decisions on whether to be good or bad. Always thought that would be a nice change of pace from the typical bad guy building his way up the ranks of the crime pyramid.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #1249
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think a serial killer game would be fun, either from a being the police perspective or from being the killer and trying to get away with it.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #1250
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I think a serial killer game would be fun, either from a being the police perspective or from being the killer and trying to get away with it.

Isn't "Heavy Rain" supposed to be a serial killer game? I don't think you play the serial killer, but I think you can play various people trying to find him or stop him.