Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Missouri women's Bball players assault male cheerleader

Quake in fear male cheerleaders...your time is up!

http://www.tigerextra.com/news/2009/...ted-suspended/

the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Classy program up there in Missouri.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Eh it's just two girls who had a bit too much to drink.

Now if some other school had done this MBBF would be all over this telling us how you'd never see Missouri do this because they only recruit outstanding citizens who don't drink, smoke, or pee in the sink. I still remember him acting all high and mighty when the KU football and basketball teams had their little scuffle. His "insider info" said a recruit named Bradley Beal had eliminated KU from his list because of the scuffle. And then later it was found out KU was one of the final three programs on Beal's list. So yeah, you have to take MBBF and his "sources" with a giant grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Old 12-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Yay for Title IX, equality has been acheived.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post

We must know different girls. Most of the ones I've known that had a bit too much to drink don't end up breaking anyone's nose.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I wonder how the story would have turned out if they picked a fight with a guy who proceeded to beat the shit out of them.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Now if some other school had done this MBBF would be all over this telling us how you'd never see Missouri do this because they only recruit outstanding citizens who don't drink, smoke, or pee in the sink. I still remember him acting all high and mighty when the KU football and basketball teams had their little scuffle. His "insider info" said a recruit named Bradley Beal had eliminated KU from his list because of the scuffle. And then later it was found out KU was one of the final three programs on Beal's list. So yeah, you have to take MBBF and his "sources" with a giant grain of salt.

Yeah racial epithets, a player being pushed down a flight of stairs, and Tyshawn Taylor going to the hospital. Just a "little scuffle"
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Please Panerd. I know you're an MU fan but your ignorance of the situation is silly. The racial epithets were lyrics from a rap song on a facebook site. The player was pushed on the stairs...not down the stairs. Tyshawn Taylor went to the hospital for punching a car.

If you truly want to get into this notice that nobody was arrested during the entire "scuffle" yet these two female basketball players are being arrested. So if you have an issue with me referring to it as a little scuffle then I can't imagine what you think of this situation at Missouri where the cheerleader was attacked and two females were arrested. The Missouri Massacre has a nice ring to it, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Yeah racial epithets, a player being pushed down a flight of stairs, and Tyshawn Taylor going to the hospital. Just a "little scuffle"
Old 12-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

LOL. Your hatred of MBBF doesn't cover for the fact that you cheer for Miami and Florida State. Pot? Kettle? LOL.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #10
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

I like your girls better. Any of them single?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
We must know different girls. Most of the ones I've known that had a bit too much to drink don't end up breaking anyone's nose.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Please Panerd. I know you're an MU fan but your ignorance of the situation is silly. The racial epithets were lyrics from a rap song on a facebook site. The player was pushed on the stairs...not down the stairs. Tyshawn Taylor went to the hospital for punching a car.

If you truly want to get into this notice that nobody was arrested during the entire "scuffle" yet these two female basketball players are being arrested. So if you have an issue with me referring to it as a little scuffle then I can't imagine what you think of this situation at Missouri where the cheerleader was attacked and two females were arrested. The Missouri Massacre has a nice ring to it, lol.

I will go with SI over the KU spin. "Taylor, the third-leading scorer for Kansas last year, said in a Facebook comment he later took down that he dislocated his finger "from throwing a punch."

Kansas guard Tyshawn Taylor hospitalized after brawl - NCAA Basketball - SI.com

What? Nobody on the KU football or basketball teams got arrested by the campus police? Imagine that!

Last edited by panerd : 12-13-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
LOL. Your hatred of MBBF doesn't cover for the fact that you cheer for Miami and Florida State. Pot? Kettle? LOL.

I don't hate MBBF.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Even you have to admit that MBBF brings this on himself. On a weekly basis the guy has a clown suit put on him. I still remember him claiming his "inside sources" suggested basketball recruit Bradley Beal had eliminated Kansas because of the football/basketball fight. Kansas was one of the last three schools on Beal's list before he committed to Florida. Another brilliant call from MBBF and his "sources".

Quote:
Old 12-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Yay for Title IX, equality has been acheived.

LOL, nice.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #15
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Even you have to admit that MBBF brings this on himself. On a weekly basis the guy has a clown suit put on him. I still remember him claiming his "inside sources" suggested basketball recruit Bradley Beal had eliminated Kansas because of the football/basketball fight. Kansas was one of the last three schools on Beal's list before he committed to Florida. Another brilliant call from MBBF and his "sources".

It's tough to defend MBBF sometimes but it is a no brainer to call out KU fans if they want to try and mock Mizzou for something done by it's womans basketball program just months after their mens nationally ranked program decided to start racial wars with its football team. (Regardless of whether or not the national media chooses to cover any indescretions or not)
Old 12-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #16
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Throwing a punch...which connected with a car. Which is exactly what I stated. He injured his hand from punching a car.

Those same campus police had no problem arrested the Morris twins last year. So please don't even try that stuff.

Isn't it funny that throughout the entire "fight" the only person to get injured was Tyshawn Taylor and his finger? Hence why I suggest it was a scuffle. If two women basketball players at Missouri can beat up a male cheerleader you would think football and basketball players would do a bit more than injuring a finger if they got in a fight. That's just me using common sense so maybe I'm crazy.

Quote:
I will go with SI over the KU spin. "Taylor, the third-leading scorer for Kansas last year, said in a Facebook comment he later took down that he dislocated his finger "from throwing a punch."

Kansas guard Tyshawn Taylor hospitalized after brawl - NCAA Basketball - SI.com

What? Nobody on the KU football or basketball teams got arrested by the campus police? Imagine that!
Old 12-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #17
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Racial wars? Are you serious? How was it a racial war? You're slowly falling into MBBF territory here.

Quote:
It's tough to defend MBBF sometimes but it is a no brainer to call out KU fans if they want to try and mock Mizzou for something done by it's womans basketball program just months after their mens nationally ranked program decided to start racial wars with its football team. (Regardless of whether or not the national media chooses to cover any indescretions or not)
Old 12-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Throwing a punch...which connected with a car. Which is exactly what I stated. He injured his hand from punching a car.

Those same campus police had no problem arrested the Morris twins last year. So please don't even try that stuff.

Isn't it funny that throughout the entire "fight" the only person to get injured was Tyshawn Taylor and his finger? Hence why I suggest it was a scuffle. If two women basketball players at Missouri can beat up a male cheerleader you would think football and basketball players would do a bit more than injuring a finger if they got in a fight. That's just me using common sense so maybe I'm crazy.

It's pointless. I have witnessed the back and forth between Mizzou fans and KU fans on another board a few months ago and I know nobody is convincing anyone. (sort of like the politics thread :-) ) Funny how anyone outside of the program will tend to disagree with your account (Sports Illustrated writers must be from the Mizzou J school) but there is no point to rehashing this again.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #19
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

And to be fair, I'm mocking MBBF's constant barrage on other schools. As I told Noop earlier in this thread, this stuff happens at every college. Kids will be kids. They drink, they do stupid stuff, they're kids. Not a big deal and the only reason I'm even posting it is because MBBF posts all the negative situations at other schools.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #20
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

First off, please explain the racial war comment you made. I've never heard anyone suggest that this was a "racial war" until you just said it. So I'd love to hear you explain why you called it. What makes you think this was a "racial war".

How are they disagreeing with my account? SI did absolutely no research on that article aside from taking quotes from Taylor's facebook page. The local papers covered the incident in far more detail hence why I know Taylor punched a car and that's how his finger was injured.

Again, can you honestly suggest that if there were an actual fight between football and basketball players there wouldn't be more injuries sustained? Be honest here. Put your MU bias aside. If you heard there was a fight between football and basketball players would you be surprised that the only injury reported was to a finger?

Quote:
It's pointless. I have witnessed the back and forth between Mizzou fans and KU fans on another board a few months ago and I know nobody is convincing anyone. (sort of like the politics thread :-) ) Funny how anyone outside of the program will tend to disagree with your account (Sports Illustrated writers must be from the Mizzou J school) but there is no point to rehashing this again.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #21
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And to be fair, I'm mocking MBBF's constant barrage on other schools. As I told Noop earlier in this thread, this stuff happens at every college. Kids will be kids. They drink, they do stupid stuff, they're kids. Not a big deal and the only reason I'm even posting it is because MBBF posts all the negative situations at other schools.

No big deal. I would have probably posted the same link if it were KU women attacking a cheerleader. I care about those two women about as much as I would care about two random undergrads at Mizzou. Just like to get a dig at KU in any chance I can.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #22
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Not a problem. I'm a big believer in don't throw stones in a glass house...and believe me Kansas is as much a glass house as any university around the country. I'm sure next month some KU athlete will do something incredibly stupid and MBBF will point it out to everyone and their sister, lol.

Quote:
No big deal. I would have probably posted the same link if it were KU women attacking a cheerleader. I care about those two women about as much as I would care about two random undergrads at Mizzou. Just like to get a dig at KU in any chance I can.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #23
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
First off, please explain the racial war comment you made. I've never heard anyone suggest that this was a "racial war" until you just said it.

Seriously? The KU football/basketball thing?

I thought it was pretty much a given that race was a big part of the origin of the issue, didn't even realize that was still in dispute frankly.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
Logan
Head Coach

This thread really makes me hate the meanstrosity's quoting style.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #25
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

No, I know a few of the guys were throwing around the "N" word, but sadly that's becoming the norm between young males. This was most definitely not a white vs black issue since most of the people involved on both sides were black.

The actual issue that started the fight was a girl (current KU athlete). She dated one of the basketball players (Tyshawn Taylor?) last season and was dating one of the football players this year. I guess either Taylor didn't like that or whatever and so Taylor decided to "man up" and instead made himself look like a complete child. And then that snowballed into friends getting involved and thus good times. You would have thought one of those "friends" would have been smart enough to settle things down before they escalated, but no. Morons.

Quote:
Seriously? The KU football/basketball thing?

I thought it was pretty much a given that race was a big part of the origin of the issue, didn't even realize that was still in dispute frankly.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #26
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Nobody questions my quoting style! Prepare to fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Old 12-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #27
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I like how the thread started with something about Missouri, but now it's half about MBBF (who hasn't even posted in this thread) and half about something that happened with Kansas. The Off Topic forum? Indeed.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #28
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

To be fair, my sources say MBBF was the male cheerleader who was attacked hence why we haven't heard from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I like how the thread started with something about Missouri, but now it's half about MBBF (who hasn't even posted in this thread) and half about something that happened with Kansas. The Off Topic forum? Indeed.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #29
Schmidty
Coordinator

The blonde is pretty cute. She can beat me up any time she wants.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #30
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Expecting a name change to MCHF any day now.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #31
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't understand why he can't put the quotes at the top of the post like everyone else. Even though his posts are usually worth reading I skip them half the time because I have to do a double take to figure out what he's referring to.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #32
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I don't understand why he can't put the quotes at the top of the post like everyone else. Even though his posts are usually worth reading I skip them half the time because I have to do a double take to figure out what he's referring to.

Especially since when you hit the quote button, it defaults to the quote being on top.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #33
stevew
Hall Of Famer

he's probably quoting on a blackberry.

It's nearly impossible to get the quotes at the top that way.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #34
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This coming from an FSU and Miami fan!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #35
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
If two women basketball players at Missouri can allegedly beat up a male cheerleader you would think football and basketball players would do a bit more than injuring a finger if they got in a fight.
Fixed it for you.

I'll man up. It sucks. Would like to think are teams are better than this. I'll let the process play out but I'm comfortable that Alden, Stein and the university will handle it appropriately.

Neither MU nor KU can throw stones in this one. We both have had the same problems with our athletes. Most other schools unfortunately have too.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #36
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Fixed it for you.

I'll man up. It sucks. Would like to think are teams are better than this. I'll let the process play out but I'm comfortable that Alden, Stein and the university will handle it appropriately.

Neither MU nor KU can throw stones in this one. We both have had the same problems with our athletes. Most other schools unfortunately have too.

Chief, exactly my point. Every university has kids that make mistakes, but some how rival fans try to paint a picture like it's the university at fault. That's crazy. MU is not at fault for two girls having a bit too much alcohol and fighting with some guy. Yet with the way the media and rival fans are that's the way it will be presented.

On a side note, this story holds a special place in my heart simply because of a certain male cheerleader who hosts a radio show in KC. If these two girls had attacked that clown I think KU, MU, and KSU fans would all have funded their defense, lol.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #37
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

I've always put the quote at the bottom simply because the other forums I post on default to that. Your thought makes sense though with regards to having it at the top.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #38
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
he's probably quoting on a blackberry.

It's nearly impossible to get the quotes at the top that way.

Works fine from mine.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #39
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Works fine from mine.

I thank you Steve for the cover, but Logan is on to me.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #40
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
On a side note, this story holds a special place in my heart simply because of a certain male cheerleader who hosts a radio show in KC. If these two girls had attacked that clown I think KU, MU, and KSU fans would all have funded their defense, lol.

This is off topic, but I once knew an ex-KC policeman that had a long running blood feud with Len Dawson Jr. This guy admitted to fighting him at a bar and searching through his trash in the middle of the night in an attempt to find something to arrest him. He'd turn red and start cursing at the mention of Jr.'s name. Made for some great improv fun when he came to the shows.

Last edited by JPhillips : 12-13-2009 at 07:54 PM.
JPhillips is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #41
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I, too, have opinions, and anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #42
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

This coming from an FSU and Miami fan!!!

Classy post.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #43
RedKingGold
College Starter

Obligatory Tiger Woods reference.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #44
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Classy post.

Just sayin....
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #45
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
This is off topic, but I once knew an ex-KC policeman that had a long running blood feud with Len Dawson Jr. This guy admitted to fighting him at a bar and searching through his trash in the middle of the night in an attempt to find something to arrest him. He'd turn red and start cursing at the mention of Jr.'s name. Made for some great improv fun when he came to the shows.

I didn't even know there was a Len Dawson Jr. Any idea what started it all? He wasn't a closet Vikings fan was he?
Old 12-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #46
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Just sayin....

Much like your friend I bet.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #47
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
I've always put the quote at the bottom simply because the other forums I post on default to that. Your thought makes sense though with regards to having it at the top.
I don't think I'd have a problem with it if it was the board standard, but here I'm just so used to having the frame of reference at the beginning of the post. Thanks for changing it.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote