Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Atlanta Questions - Driving

Couple questions for the ATL-crew.

Trying to plan out an itinerary for Monday (not for me, for a client).

Is it realistic to get from up on northside 75 down to like Galleria Parkway in half an hour around lunchtime? Google Maps says like 12 minutes (8.6 miles).

Reasonable to get from 400 Galleria Parkway out to Ravinia Drive (on 285) in half an hour around 3pm? Google Maps again says 12 minutes.

How long for an airport trip in to the northside of 75 at like 10am on Monday? Google Maps says 20 minutes.

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Around lunchtime, it should be fine getting from 75 to Galleria Parkway. Going on 285 at 3 PM should also be ok as long as it isn't a Friday (so, on Monday, you should be ok... but any later and it may be troublesome).

10 AM on Monday rush hour should be just about over. I'd plan for 30 minutes from the airport to 75 north.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

you're the best! i knew if i threw that up on here that one of my atlanta-brethren would jump right on - i actually presumed you (govt worker with nothing else to do eh?)
Old 12-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Is it realistic to get from up on northside 75 down to like Galleria Parkway in half an hour around lunchtime? Google Maps says like 12 minutes (8.6 miles).

If you mean Northside Drive @ 75, yeah, that sounds reasonable barring unusual traffic tieups.

Quote:
Reasonable to get from 400 Galleria Parkway out to Ravinia Drive (on 285) in half an hour around 3pm? Google Maps again says 12 minutes.

Reasonable, but a little iffier just because the traffic is picking up by then. But yeah, it's doable under normal circumstances I think.

Quote:
How long for an airport trip in to the northside of 75 at like 10am on Monday? Google Maps says 20 minutes.

That one sounds kind of optimistic. Depends on exactly where you're going (I'm reading this as Hartsfield TO somewhere up 75) as well as the ability to get out of the immediate airport area without a snag. Is this trip by car, cab, shuttle, what?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
govt worker with nothing else to do eh?

No comment
Old 12-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
If you mean Northside Drive @ 75, yeah, that sounds reasonable barring unusual traffic tieups.

Reasonable, but a little iffier just because the traffic is picking up by then. But yeah, it's doable under normal circumstances I think.

That one sounds kind of optimistic. Depends on exactly where you're going (I'm reading this as Hartsfield TO somewhere up 75) as well as the ability to get out of the immediate airport area without a snag. Is this trip by car, cab, shuttle, what?

thanks Jon.

Yep...hartsfield TO somewhere up 75 (2 northside 75 nw to be exact). It'll be by car I presume. It's also the leg where timing is of the least concern (as long as I don't cut it too close). The other 2 are tighter.

Boss is freaking out that things are too close together so I may try to spread them out a little more anyways.