Still playing NCAA 8 15.38%
Not playing either anymore 12 23.08%
Never played either 17 32.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Madden and NCAA 2010

Now that we have had several months with these games, how many folks are still playing them? It's pretty sad that EA still hasn't gotten patch #2 out for Madden.

Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I enjoy Madden quite a bit. I'm playing the single player franchise mode only. Really haven't played much of any of the other modes.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
JS19
College Prospect

Still playing around with Madden, but I'm probably gonna sell it to my buddy for $30, maybe pick up Fight Night or NHL, or just wait for Call of Duty.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #4
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I'm still playing NCAA single player dynasty, though I think this will probably be my last season before I switch off to college basketball.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Too many good games out now to be messing around with Madden. Been enjoying FIFA and Borderlands a lot and starting to get into Football Manager. Haven't even delved into NBA 2K either and there are some great games coming out in the next month.

Madden and NCAA are below average compared to newer games and I just don't have time for it despite my love of football.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Traded Madden 10 in after barely playing it after having it for maybe a month and a half. But still playing a ton of NCAA, but that's typical for me.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 11-03-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

What did you get for Madden? Thinking of trading it in and putting money down on the new COD.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
sabotai
General Manager

Right now, NHL10 is taking up my console time, and Dragon Age is about to dominate my life (if it's as good as it looks). I do plan on getting back to both Madden and NCAA at some point though.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
Hoya1
High School JV

loving Madden still in single player franchise.
i'm still playing NCAA so that I can import draft classes.

Actually fighting the urge to pick up NBA 2k10.
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
SportsDino
College Prospect

How does the franchise compare to 2008? Anything better? Or is it much worse?
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #11
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsDino View Post
How does the franchise compare to 2008? Anything better? Or is it much worse?
I think it's better but it's not good. I still think their best franchise years were at the earlier part of the decade. Not sure how a game's logic can get worse over 10 years in a department like this.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #12
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Fell for the hype once again, bought madden a couple days after release, had fun for about a week, won a game 112-0 and lost the urge to ever play it again, traded it in before the actual football season had begun.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #13
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Still playing Madden and enjoying the game, never bought NCAA.

Started a franchise with the Vikes to get my sliders setup using a good team. Have now moved to my Rams (don't laugh been a fan for 40 years and saw some pretty good teams in that time) to see how the sliders held up when moving to a bad team.

Mixed results as I'm 5-1 but could easily be 1-5. I think the Rams are overrated on the opening day roster set I'm using which also makes a difference. Especially the O-line with everyone young and rated in the 80's with Greco being the weak link at guard with a 75. Two games won on last second FG's and my other wins have been mostly to turnovers. After game four I turned down Int's and my WR catching as I was league best in both picks and fewest drops. I hope this leads to a few more three and outs for me and a few more long drives for the cpu team which could make a huge difference when considering how close all of my games have been.

The stats for my main offensive guys are almost dead on with their career numbers. Bugler's QB rating, Jackson's yards per carry, all of my receivers yards per catch are right where they should be. This is almost weird to see when I am making all of the runs and throws without forcing anything to anybody. The numbers are coming within the flow of the game.

Still have issues with defensive numbers, especially DT tackles and the lack of from linebackers. But overall the game is fun and I'm glad I bought it.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm still playing NCAA, primarily in the MP league. I'll probably play Madden again once the patch comes out which is supposedly going to be around November 20th.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #15
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
What did you get for Madden? Thinking of trading it in and putting money down on the new COD.

I picked up College Hoops 2K8 and NHL 09, because NHL10 didn't look worth it to me (because I just like to create teams anyway)
Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Traded Madden in towards COD MW 2 - still playing NCAA - much harder this year for me... which is a good thing.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #17
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I've heard good things about Madden '10, but I haven't bothered to pick it up. As a matter of fact, I haven't played a Madden game since the '06 version, and I haven't owned one since the '04 version.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #18
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm actually kind of pissed I caved and spent 60 bucks on Madden (again). It's a fun game for a little while and the gameplay is improved, although there's still a long list of annoyances it's at least getting somewhere near a realistic game of football.

But it just has absolutely nothing to keep my interest long term. Franchise is so fricking basic, they took out all user influence over player progression, scouting makes absolutely no sense (random and zero fun), the draft is boring as hell. Just meh, fun to break out if I have people over at the house but absolutely no interest in playing single player for any length of time.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #19
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Playing both, but it's 80-20 Madden right now. Just playing NCAA to keep my draft files going.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #20
Icy
Pro Starter

FM10, NHL10, FIFA10 and NBA2k10 are the only games i'm playing right now (and are too much already for my limited playing time).

I have played maybe 3 games total of Madden10 and if i have not sold it already is because nobody is interested on it in Spain and games shops do not purchase imported games.

It might be just a concidence, but the lack of good football games (Madden is not good enough imho and FOF2k7 is too old) is on par with the decrease of my enjoyment of real football. In the past i used to follow and watch a lot of different teams, now i just watch the Dolphins game every Sunday and that's all, not even visiting NFL.com for highlights or stats.

On the other hand, as i'm playing NBA2k10 a lot in "my player" mode, and i'm in a great NBA fantasy with Gary and others, i'm getting more and more into following and watching the NBA.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #21
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I haven't lost interest in football, but the lack of a good game in awhile has had me turn to other sports for my gaming fix. It's actually helped turn me on to soccer and increase my interest in basketball (especially college).
Old 11-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #22
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I haven't lost interest in football, but the lack of a good game in awhile has had me turn to other sports for my gaming fix. It's actually helped turn me on to soccer and increase my interest in basketball (especially college).

I would agree with you.. my interest has been NHL and Soccer vs pro football this year.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #23
bhlloy
Coordinator

Interestingly I'm the kinda the same way - watching the NBA for the first time in my life thanks to NBA 2k9 and 2k10. Actually getting to know the players and their tendencies along with some basic strategy actually made me appreciate the game a lot more than before, when I thought it was just run up and down the floor and just try and jack up more prayers than the other team. Still my least favorite of the big 4 sports but at least I don't automatically change the channel now if it's on ESPN.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote