Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #51
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Probably pricier than what you're looking for, but I use my car's navigational system. It's a Garmin Nuvi something-or-other.

Works great, except no one can hear what I say.

Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #52
Travis
Pro Rookie

From a bunch of looking this afternoon, so far this is the best option I've come across (would like to find something that doesn't require the USB to charge, but I can use a pair of adapters to make that work so this may be the route I end up going):

hxxp://www.canadadrivesafe.ca/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4
Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #53
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
This is probably a good solution. But in my personal experience, I haven't had a whole lot of luck with FM-based transmitters. The sound quality is pretty bad, and I always seem to be in an area where I can't find a hole in the broadcasting FM stations. But that one says it has over 200 FM settings, so that might solve the problem.

Depending on the current stereo in your car, there might be an option add a iPod/handsfree kit to it. If you have the factory stereo, there are a lot of different options, and usually more if you have added an aftermarket stereo. The only reason I went with the setup I mentioned a few posts ago was that my old stereo was stolen last fall. I got lucky and found the one I bought on Crutchfield's scratch and dent website.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #54
Travis
Pro Rookie

Fair and solid point. I have to go in for an oil change soon so I'll hit them up while I'm there and see what they suggest. I've been using a FM transmitter with my touch for the past year+ and haven't had any issues so I'm not overly worried if I have to go this route. Price certainly isn't too bad either as I've found it cheaper at a couple of other locations and haven't even hit up ebay yet either.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #55
Peregrine
Pro Starter

This one seems pretty decent, plus you don't have to rely on FM transmissions, it plugs directly into your stereo (though you have to have an aux jack)

Belkin TuneBase Direct with Handsfree for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #56
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
This one seems pretty decent, plus you don't have to rely on FM transmissions, it plugs directly into your stereo (though you have to have an aux jack)

Belkin TuneBase Direct with Handsfree for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)

I have an older version of the TuneCast (I think it's a Belkin product) that charges my iPhone via cigarette lighter and streams music over the air. I wasn't sure about the quality but haven't had many problems so far. I have a 2005 Civic and didn't want to buy a new stereo head unit just so my iPhone would play in my car so the TuneCast works for me.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #57
Travis
Pro Rookie

Only problem there is I don't have the Aux port unfortunately. Looks like a nice find though and when I talk to the guys at Ford it's another direction I could go vs getting a deck with a USB port (if not both).
Old 07-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #58
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Only problem there is I don't have the Aux port unfortunately. Looks like a nice find though and when I talk to the guys at Ford it's another direction I could go vs getting a deck with a USB port (if not both).

I don't have an Aux port either and that's why I went with the TuneCast FM transmitter.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #59
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm in the market for a good iPhone case that only covers the back of the phone. I had a Zagg shield on the phone but it ripped. They sent a free replacement but I've grown tired of volume and accelerometer issues due to the screen protector. Any recommendations?
Old 10-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #60
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I've got the Agent 18 clear case, and have been pretty happy with it. It does come with a screen protector, but it is optional to use it.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #61
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I'm in the market for a good iPhone case that only covers the back of the phone. I had a Zagg shield on the phone but it ripped. They sent a free replacement but I've grown tired of volume and accelerometer issues due to the screen protector. Any recommendations?

Do you have a G or a GS? I love my case which is a Griffin that has a slide macro lens to allow my G to take close up macro pics...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #62
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Do you have a G or a GS? I love my case which is a Griffin that has a slide macro lens to allow my G to take close up macro pics...

I have the 3G. Is the case you have called the Griffin Clarifi?
Old 10-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #63
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I have the 3G. Is the case you have called the Griffin Clarifi?

Yeah I really like that case. Make sure you buy it from like Ebay or something where you can get it for 18 bucks instead of the retail price though.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote