Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #51
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
For me personally, I would rather have Michigan land Brian Kelly versus Les Miles. He coached GVSU to multiple titles, had them play in AA as a way to have his players have a taste of the big time, went to CMU and led a team to a bowl with having maybe the fewest seniors in the country and hardly any juniors as well. Again, having CMU play against Michigan, being respectable in their game, Michigan's coaching staff saying it was one of the best prepared teams they faced all year, and then Michigan took OL schemes from CMU. All Kelly had to do was wait a year and then he doesn't get interviewed a year after being at Cincinnati where he eventually wins the Big East title with less talent than Michigan has during a 3-8 season.

If RR does wear out his welcome on the sooner side, I would be hard pressed to think of another coach Michigan should call faster that they would have a legit shot at. Well, Jim Harbaugh would be in interesting pick based on where Stanford is at later on and if he and Michigan can smooth things over. Corwin Brown might be another, but I haven't seen ND's defense as being anything special despite Brown getting press as a DC. And yes, I'm partly thinking Michigan man if RR does burn bridges quickly enough because the Michigan backers might be screaming for it.

I think RR does the Weis thing though. He puts up a horrible season and then slowly builds the record. He's given a grace period as he breaks in a new QB and "his people." In 3 to 4 years though, there will be almost no room for anything outside of a Big 10 title in the eyes of Michigan fans. 3 years might be tough depending on if Pryor stays all four years at OSU. RR does NOT want to be losing out to OSU if he's got the veteran QB and OSU is breaking in a new one. Michigan's D is bad enough it will take at least 3 years to get that corrected.

Yeah, Brian Kelly would be an excellent choice too. He kicked ass and took names at GVSU, and appears to be doing the same thing at Cinci. I would be happy with either him or Miles at Michigan. I just can't join the RR fan club, at least right now. Maybe if he cleans up his image, wins a lot of games, and stays out of the media, my opinion will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.

RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #52
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Yeah, Brian Kelly would be an excellent choice too. He kicked ass and took names at GVSU, and appears to be doing the same thing at Cinci. I would be happy with either him or Miles at Michigan. I just can't join the RR fan club, at least right now. Maybe if he cleans up his image, wins a lot of games, and stays out of the media, my opinion will change.

I had the same sort of opinion of the last woman I was seeing... If she was sleeping & doing absolutely nothing, she wasn't that bad. It was just when she did or said anything that she bugged the hell out of me.

And yes, there is a bit of jealousy currently of tOSU, MSU, Wisconsin, USC, Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas... hell, any program that looks like it has its shit together!

I'm actually torn this Saturday whether I want Michigan to avoid an embarrassing loss to Western Michigan. It would suck, but any additional pressure to DitchRod would be a good thing.

Enjoy this era, Michigan haters... It won't last forever.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #53
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I had the same sort of opinion of the last woman I was seeing... If she was sleeping & doing absolutely nothing, she wasn't that bad. It was just when she did or said anything that she bugged the hell out of me.

And yes, there is a bit of jealousy currently of tOSU, MSU, Wisconsin, USC, Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas... hell, any program that looks like it has its shit together!

I'm actually torn this Saturday whether I want Michigan to avoid an embarrassing loss to Western Michigan. It would suck, but any additional pressure to DitchRod would be a good thing.

Enjoy this era, Michigan haters... It won't last forever.

Only a matter of time, only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #54
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

You can never say that John L Smith didnt care

fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #55
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
You can never say that John L Smith didnt care

I don't recall exactly what happened there? Was he ranting about something the buckeyes did or some screw up his own staff made??
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #56
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Its been a couple of years, but if I remember right, they ran a play before half with very little time left. The play did not stop the clock, and MSU tried to run their field goal team out, but there was much confusion and they did not get out in time. Basically, John L was pissed because the special teams coach did not have his unit prepared to run out there.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #57
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Nevermind, it was worse than i thought. They did get the field goal off, but in the rush, they did not block Ohio State. They blocked the field goal, and ran it back for a touchdown.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #58
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Bottom line - win the Big Ten, beat Ohio State and put us in contention for the national championship and nobody will give a rats ass what he says to the media, whether he's a "Michigan man" or anything else.

If he can't get that done then he might as well quit because there are plenty of coaches with better personalities who will fall in line with the way things have always been done and will get us 8-4 every year and to a bowl game...one stepped down before RichRod and as mentioned in this thread there's no shortage of finding one to replace him.