Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2003, 10:30 PM   #1
vtbub
College Starter

Oh Rick....

Rick Neuhisel has found work...it's not the 49ers but it's close.

Hopefully somebody will explain how the State of Washington's high school basketball tournament goes so he can put a friendly 5'er on it.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:43 PM   #2
Buccaneer
Head Coach

That's quite a demotion. Hopefully that will humble him a bit.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:50 PM   #3
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Whats messed up is that this guy jumped in a march madness pool, which I dont see being a big deal, and Mike Price goes on his binge down in Alabama and will probably coach again at a high level before Rick.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:07 PM   #4
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

May be a drop in prestiege, but teaching young players the game of football, maybe he's after a truer reward than $$. I hope so. At the very least, he'll have a huge impact on every player on that team with both coaching, and life experience.

I have no opinion on the guy really, but anybody who goes & teaches highschool ball, well, good on them.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 12:15 AM   #5
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Noble_Platypus
Whats messed up is that this guy jumped in a march madness pool, which I dont see being a big deal, and Mike Price goes on his binge down in Alabama and will probably coach again at a high level before Rick.

History Noble, history. Had Rick not had a history of violations in his background, we wouldn't have heard nearly as much as we did. He'd probably have kept his job if he had a clean history and told the truth right off.

Colorado is still paying for violations Rick had on his watch. His first move when he went to Washington was to illegaly recruit players in dead week. He continued to play loose with the rules at Washington and had a long enemies list. He compounded matters by lying to his boss when he KNEW he was on thin ice.

Price? Ran a clean program for a lot of years and then had a couple of major brain cramps. I'm not so sure Price will have an easy time getting employed again either. He's an older coach and he's taken a lot of bad pub over it. Still, when he goes into an interview, he has one thing to explain away and then he can go onto the rest of his interview.

Rick? It'd be a 3 day interview just going over his past rules violations before he can get into coaching philosophy. He made his own bed. . .

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 12:30 AM   #6
mckerney
Coordinator

The NCAA tourney pool was not the reason Neuhisel got fired, it was only the means.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 02:50 AM   #7
tucker342
Pro Starter

I think TroyF stated the reasons why he got fired pretty well. It was a bunch of stuff that led to his firing...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 03:17 PM   #8
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Personally, I wouldn't want the lying SOB around my kids. He should be in the pros, where things like honesty and integrity don't seem to matter so much.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:21 PM   #9
vtbub
College Starter

You'd have to be pretty arrogant to do what he did on the betting thing.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote