Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-17-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Ping: ATL FOFCers

So I'm having to take a 2 stop flight from Chicago to Fayetteville (AR) tomorrow (it was $200 cheaper than 1 stop options). I'm not concerned about the Louisville connection but I only have an hour's layover for the Atlanta connection and I don't remember the airport layout very well and if a plane delay would be a huge problem. (Not to mention which, I don't know how often Atlanta to Fayetteville runs).

So if it turns out that I miss my connection to Fayetteville and have to stay overnight, what would be some cheap/relatively safe places to crash at? Also, would anyone be interested in an impromptu FOFC meet if it happens? Granted, I don't think there'll be any problems, but I'd like to have a contingency plan just in case.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
JeeberD
General Manager

If there's a delay then the airline will probably put you up in a hotel for the night. At least that's what AA did for the wife and I when we missed a connection in Miami because of a delay...they also gave us vouchers for free airport food as well.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The meetup would be fun, but I doubt you'll be late. Even if you have to do something crazy like get from gate A to E, you should be able to do that within an hour, and odds are the flight leaving Atlanta will be late.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
If there's a delay then the airline will probably put you up in a hotel for the night. At least that's what AA did for the wife and I when we missed a connection in Miami because of a delay...they also gave us vouchers for free airport food as well.

I have had mixed experience with this. If the delay is due to mechanical reasons, then I have had airlines do what you said. When it was due to weather delays, I don't think I have ever been compensated anything, as they said they are not responsible for weather delays.

As for where to stay in the area... I am not a big fan of the area around Hartsfield.. or at least 15 years ago when I lived there I wasn't a big fan. Maybe it is nicer now. I grew up on the other side of town.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

"Cheap" is indeed a relative term but unless there's massive weather delays that strand a ton of flights you shouldn't have much trouble finding a hotel fairly close to the airport if you need one. And as long as you exercise just normal common sense about being in a less than savory neighborhood (i.e. don't stand in the lobby and count the cash in your wallet kind of stuff) then most of the chain hotels are as reasonably safe as anywhere else around Atlanta afaic.

You probably won't need one anyway (and it's pretty unlikely anybody other than you would end up paying for it since the airlines usually would rather die than do so), but you should be fine on that score if the need arises.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Atlanta is pretty easy to navigate. Each terminal is basicaly one long corridor. There is a tram that runs from terminal to terminal that gets you there pretty fast.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I have had mixed experience with this. If the delay is due to mechanical reasons, then I have had airlines do what you said. When it was due to weather delays, I don't think I have ever been compensated anything, as they said they are not responsible for weather delays.

It was weather related the time I was talking about. The wife and I were in Barbados for our honeymoon when a tropical storm/hurricane (can't remember which it was) was causing delays out of Miami. Our flight got in two or three hours late, causing us to miss our connection when we landed back in Miami...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

As it turns out, because just about every flight was delayed at Atlanta yesterday, even though I arrived 30 minutes after my connection flight was supposed to go, my connection flight was delayed an hour and a half, so I made it.

First time in my life I've been happy about a flight delay

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Way to go

Btw, I would have been pissed if there was an impromtu FOFC meet, because I'm visiting my folks in Jersey right now!