Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
JS19
College Prospect

PS3 Power Problems

Ok, here's the story....about a month ago I noticed my PS3 somehow grew a mind of its own and would only turn on whenever the hell it felt like. I did notice that it would always turn on in the morning, so that made me wonder if maybe it was a heat related issue or not. Anyhow, when I noticed that the thing might not come back on after I turned it off, I decided to just leave the system on nonstop. Like I said, this went on for a month, and for whatever reason today, I decided to turn it off and bam, won't come back on. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't take very good care of it, as behind my entertainment center is caked with cat hair and dust. I just unplugged it and took a look, pretty nasty, dust all in the vents and whatnot, so i took a vacuum to it and still no good. I suppose my question is, does anyone know how, or where I can look, to get this fucker apart? I'm pretty sure it's fucked bc of the mess I have left it in forever, but I would like to check the guts, maybe the switch is bad or something.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
JS19
College Prospect

I should add, when the system is on, I have no problems with gameplay, which kind of makes me think maybe it is just a power problem and I haven't totally destroyed the system.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
Rich1033
High School Varsity

As far as the random turning on problem, I would assume a neighbor with a ps3 somehow had his controller sync up with your console. So when he was pressed the button on the controller it was turning on your system. The exact thing happened to my 360 back when I lived in my old apartment.

Now the current problem, I have no idea.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
JS19
College Prospect

I should be more clear, it doesn't turn on by itself randomly, just sometimes when I flick the power switch it turns on, sometimes it doesn't.