Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
TroyF
Coordinator

xbox 360 question

I upgraded to an elite awhile ago. I never installed the new hard drive as I had plenty of space on the old 20GB. Now I can't find the transfer kits anywhere. If I just install the new hard drive, will I still have all of my account setting? Can I just get a memory card and move everything over that way?

It's not a huge deal as I still have 9GB left, but this seems as good of a time as any to finally install the new drive.

TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
gstelmack
Pro Starter

You can use a memory card to transfer the account, and/or there is a "Recover Gamertag" thing you can look up at Microsoft. You won't have any of your installed content though.

Or perhaps ask me nicely to send you my transfer kit (I just recently bought a 120GB drive to upgrade my 20GB).
Old 08-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
TroyF
Coordinator

I had read somewhere that the transfer kits could only be used once though, is that true?
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Search xbox.com - there is a form somewhere you fill out and they will send you a free transfer kit.

Can't find it right now..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, they'll give you a free kit I'm pretty sure. My transfer cable came with the HD when I purchased the 120 GB.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #6
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I upgraded to an elite awhile ago. I never installed the new hard drive as I had plenty of space on the old 20GB. Now I can't find the transfer kits anywhere. If I just install the new hard drive, will I still have all of my account setting? Can I just get a memory card and move everything over that way?

It's not a huge deal as I still have 9GB left, but this seems as good of a time as any to finally install the new drive.

If you just install the new hard drive, you can get a memory card to transfer stuff over without the transfer kit, but there will be some obvious size limitations. Plus, it's time consuming and a PITA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
You can use a memory card to transfer the account, and/or there is a "Recover Gamertag" thing you can look up at Microsoft. You won't have any of your installed content though.

Or perhaps ask me nicely to send you my transfer kit (I just recently bought a 120GB drive to upgrade my 20GB).

Your installed content can be redownloaded once you recover your Gamertag. It's possible to transfer the licenses as well so that you don't have to be online to USE the content once redownloaded. If you don't use the license transfer tool, then, yes, you have to be connected to Live to use the stuff.

I think the transfer kit takes care of the licensing stuff too, though.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I think the transfer kit takes care of the licensing stuff too, though.

Yes, I have not had to relicense anything since I did my transfer. Of course I'm always connected to Live so I may not notice...
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #8
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Yes, I have not had to relicense anything since I did my transfer. Of course I'm always connected to Live so I would not notice...

Fixed that. If you're connected to Live, you can use whatever you've paid for, whenever you want to. You'd never notice on re-licensing.

That only matters for if you're offline.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote