Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
JS19
College Prospect

Celebrities image on tv

So I'm watching this absolutely retarded show TMZ, and they go around pretty much just filming celebrities walking around. Commercial comes on and it's about the local news guy going to crack some big case (sarcasm), but the guy he's talking to has his face blurred out. So I got to thinking, when is it ok to just plaster someone's image all over tv/newspapaers?

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

You've never heard of TMZ before?

Dude, I hate celebrity gossip crap and even -I've- heard of TMZ.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #3
JS19
College Prospect

I've heard of it, I knew it had something to do with celebrities.....I was just shocked that all they do is film people walking around, my mind is blown that people watch this and someone is making money off of it.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
MJ4H
Coordinator

There are a lot of people who live and die with EVERYTHING celebrities do. It is really bizarre.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #5
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
So I'm watching this absolutely retarded show TMZ, and they go around pretty much just filming celebrities walking around. Commercial comes on and it's about the local news guy going to crack some big case (sarcasm), but the guy he's talking to has his face blurred out. So I got to thinking, when is it ok to just plaster someone's image all over tv/newspapaers?

You mean in the case of celebrities, as opposed to the general public? I think it depends on whether the person meets the legal definition of a 'public figure'.....but I'm certainly not the guy whose word you should be taking on this issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_figure
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I hate celebrity gossip crap, but for whatever reason I can actually watch TMZ. Half the time they are making fun of the celebrities they are trailing and the other half they are making fun of the stupid questions the camera man is asking. (My guess is that it isn't their cameramen all the time and they get alot of freelance guys)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
Subby
lolzcat

TMZ is for chicks. Kind of like VW Beetles or Mazda Miatas.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote