Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

Cool Rock Band

Well I have a nice buzz going so I am gona fire up the drums on XBox live, if anyone wants to jam tonight look me up.

xPURPLExHAYESx

I usally can play on expert but my drums are starting to fall apart from beating the living crap out of them so I had to downgrade to hard, anyone have an extra $299.00 laying around so I can get the ION set?

BigDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
Ironhead
College Prospect

Just curious, how was expert treating you? I know you had started to do some forays into it a while back.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

not to bad I am about 50%EXP, 50%HARD right now

The thing thats keeping me from making the jump to your range is that dam bass peddle, the stock one is just such a pain in the arse for me. I gona have to spend the money for a mod real peddle or just wait and get that ION set.

BTW you might be interested in this site it lets you compair your scores vs. everyone else, you can see where you rank on each song and such.

Rock Band Scores

My Ranks on Expert...

3STAR - 43 songs
4STAR - 92 songs
5STAR - 43 songs

Carrer Rank all songs - 18,581
Old 07-12-2009, 06:23 AM   #4
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I'm borrowing Rock Band from a friend and I want to be able to play all the songs. I found a cheat to release all the songs but for some reason I'm not able to pull off the cheat. It looks pretty cut and dry but for some reason it's not working. Anybody have any luck doing this cheat: Rock Band Hints & Cheats

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

Not sure what this cheat is, the basic game comes with like what 84 songs so what are you trying to unlock??

You cant get the download songs ( about 500 I think ) with out downloading ( buying them ), than theirs a couple packs of 20 songs you get on CD , ACDC is one and I forget the others name. If you have rockband 1 you can move those to your HD and play with RB2.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

You have to play the "career mode" to unlock the songs but there is a cheat to unlock all the songs... I just cant get the cheat to work

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I was late on the rock band (2) train, and I'd just like to say that I love the game, it's like crack (it's on my TV right now, coincidentally), but the interface sucks big green donkey dicks, to borrow a phrase from 1983. Could it take a few more clicks to navigate through the menus? I was stumped, laboring away, trying to unlock my purchased songs for literally over a week, before I realized I just hadn't downloaded them properly (or at all, in some cases), and the game really hadn't given me any indication that I had done anything wrong (or right, for that matter). I had been struggling away for weeks, trying to unlock songs that weren't even on my xbox.

My only advice, that may or may not apply to your situation, is this (and I'm assuming you have a 360, although the PS3 interface is likely equally retarded and this might apply):

Make sure whatever instrument you are using is signed into your xbox gamer profile (whether or not you're signed into xbox live). This comes into play sometimes when you launch the game (or power up your console) using your xbox controller, because the controller is automatically associated with your gamer profile AND (most importantly) the microphone. If you then power up an instrument controller and start fiddling around with your band, you're likely to be logged in as 'player X', and anything you do as 'player X' might not be saved/unlocked/remembered, because 'player X' is not associated with a gamer profile.

Fantastic interface work.

So, if I look at that unlock code, I see it's all 'red, green, red, blue...blahblah'. Are you entering that on an instrument controller? If so, try entering the unlock code with the xbox controller itself, OR sign out of your gamer profile with the xbox controller (using the xbox button and press X) and sign in with your instrument controller (using the xbox button and press X) BEFORE launching the game. YAY, 20 more clicks! OR (turn everything off and) power up the console by pressing the xbox button on your instrument controller, which will associate it with the default profile. Basically, just make sure the controller with which you're entering the unlock code is associated with your gamer profile.

If that doesn't work, you're beyond the scope of my 'help'. Sacrifice a chicken.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-13-2009 at 08:25 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

Well looks like RockBand just blew GH out of the water with this....

The Rock Band music catalog is about to get a lot bigger. We′re making a set of professional authoring tools available to bands, studios, and record labels everywhere in order to build a diverse and growing library of music that's sure to satisfy the tastes of hardcore gamers and casual fans alike. Every day, new tracks will become available* from top indie artists, newcomers, classic acts, and upstarts from the far reaches of the rock universe.

Rock Band Network