Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Top Chef Season 6 - Chef Bios Up

On a whim, I hit the top chef site, and noticed the chefs are up for Season 6 - Vegas.

http://www.bravotv.com/whos-who-meet-the-chefs

Just from the bios, my random predictions that will likely go all wrong.

Ron Duprat is going to have some awesome dishes, push early, and colossally fuck up mid season and go home.

I'm going to despise Jesse Sandlin. She's going to be this season's arrogant lesbian bitch.

Ash Fulk is going home early.

So is Eli Kirshtein.

Michael Isabella is going to the finals.

Mattin Noblia is going to get into pissing contests with at least half the contestants.

I didn't know Cringer cooked under the alias Kevin Gillespie.

Ashley Merriman is also on the Dead Men Walking list.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 07-10-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, they got released a day or so ago. I posted the season premiere info in the new seasons thread.

Interesting that they have a pair of brothers this time.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Damn, can they find an attractive female chef? Padma will do though.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm eating whatever Jennifer is cooking.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
Tigercat
College Starter

Lots of chefs from Atlanta and Maryland. James Beard awards and nominations are not always a reliable measure, but to have a couple of nominations for best chef in a region is damn solid.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I take this as: "After the terrible reaction I got from TC fans last season, the producers made it clear they don't want another Gordon Ramsay/Simon Cowell/Piers Morgan-style British judge, so I'll act normal now."

I'm glad because I really wasn't happy they were bringing him back.

Quote:
"In Season 6 I realize what a huge influence Top Chef is in America, and in the American food industry, and I try to be a little more measured," Young told the New York Daily News in a Wednesday report.

According to the British author and restaurant critic, who joined Top Chef's judging panel as a replacement for former Queer Eye food and wine expert Ted Allen, his fifth-season behavior was the result of failing to realize that American and British viewers have differing expectations of their reality show judges.

"I think that it's always fun to get a reaction, and to start a little controversy. I've been doing that my entire career," he told the Daily News.

"I've been a judge on a number of British food reality shows, and the role of a judge on British reality shows is to be outrageous and controversial and funny. And it dawned on me after doing Season 5 of Top Chef that it isn't really the role for judges on American reality shows, and Top Chef in particular, because it's such a highly regarded reality show and the viewers are so passionate. And so a judge like me who seems to be treating the process with undue levity is going to stir up controversy."

Young said he "inevitably" picked up on cues from fellow judge Tom Colicchio, which is why his demeanor improved during the fifth season.

"I took my cue from him and just ended up taking the judging process much more seriously," he told the Daily News, adding it has carried over into the sixth season.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOhioStateUniversity View Post
Damn, can they find an attractive female chef? Padma will do though.
We need Casey back. Hubba hubba.

Looks to be some bad asses in this group, literally and figuratively. I'm assuming the Voltaggios are brothers. Interesting that one chef works for Eric Rippert -- he's a frequent guest judge in the past, seems like it would be a conflict to have him on this season, even though I think he would be fair.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote