Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
kcchief19
Pro Starter

My Ridiculously Inept Mayor's Wife

In the proud tradition of Cynthia McKinney and any other loon politician you can find, I give you Gloria Squitiro, wife of Kansas City, Mo., Mayor Mark Funkhouser.

Too bad this just local politics because this has been a fun yet embarrassing adventure for our city. Funkhouser was a seemingly straight-laced city auditor elected mayor in 2007. He wasn't a traditional politician and had never held elected office. That appealed to many but it has shown in his mayoralship. He's had some missteps, such as accepting a free car to replace the mayor's towncar, which the city already owned and appointing a member of the Minutemen to the parks board without vetting her. But most of the comedy and embarrassment has been caused by his wife Gloria.

First there was Sausage Fingers Gate, when she detailed her husband's trip to the proctologist ... in her family's Christmas letter to friends and acquaintances. Mayoral holiday letter | KansasCity.com Prime Buzz

Then we have Mammygate. Gloria worked as an unpaid volunteer in the mayor's office, serving as de facto chief of staff. She, her husband and the city are being sued for harrassment for calling an employee "Mammy." Her defense was that she was calling her "Ma'am" and adds a Y on to everyone's name.

Let's see ... we also have the time she verbally assualted an airport meter maid after she illegally parked at the curb in front of the airport. There have been stories in the local press and in depositions during Mammygate that she and her husband frequently go in the bathroom together at City Hall and in their office. I've actually been in a meeting in the mayor's office with her where she was running around with out her shoes on. In the Wall Street Journal story about this disaster, they went to their home and documented the large framed photos of women breastfeeding -- Gloria is a huge advocate for lactation.

Today, we get this goldmine: On the city computer she was using, she was keeping notes for her tell-all book -- a 35-page diary about what she thinks about people on the council, the media, her husband and others. The diary was made public because it was on her computer and discovered during the court case, and now the plaintiff wants to use it as evidence.

If you want some humor and to see how crazy our mayor's wife is, check it out: Read Gloria Squitiro's journal entries - Kansas City Star. On page 5 she threatens to kill a mechanic inspecting her car, and bashes the foreign exchange student (our relative, not sure) living with them. I also learned there is a National Breastfeeding Day. On page 6 she literally gives a F-you to the woman suing her for harrassment. On page 33 she calls her 19-year-old daughter's boyfriend a loser. At different times she calls Kansas City a "backward podunk city" and "crazy-assed town."

kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Funkhouser...lol
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
JediKooter
Coordinator

Funkhouser and Squitiro, coming this fall on ABC.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Housewives of KC
Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
Huckleberry
College Starter

Do you have a problem with breastfeeding?

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Funny. Very funny. But ya ain;t got nothing on Detroit.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #7
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
Do you have a problem with breastfeeding?
No.

Giant three-foot murals and photos of yourself breastfeeding on your living room wall when your the mayor of a city and you have national news reporters in your home? Yes.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

LOL@ that letter. That was highly enjoyable.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
No.

Giant three-foot murals and photos of yourself breastfeeding on your living room wall when your the mayor of a city and you have national news reporters in your home? Yes.

I don't know.

I think I'd have a problem with pretty much anyone who had "giant three-foot murals and photos of themselves" doing damn well anything (even just sitting there posing for a picture) on their living room wall, regardless of who they were.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #10
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I remember a party I went to where the actress/host had a nude photo of herself on her mantle.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I remember a party I went to where the actress/host had a nude photo of herself on her mantle.

I'd ask for pixplskthx, but...

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:01 AM   #12
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Funny. Very funny. But ya ain;t got nothing on Detroit.

QFT
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #13
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSpeechCoach View Post
I'd ask for pixplskthx, but...

Trust me you wouldn't want to see.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #14
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
No.

Why? Do boobies make you uncomfortable?

(unless it's based on the fact that they were three-foot murals of herself regardless of the activity as alluded to above)

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote