Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #51
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

Don't pout. Be a Mex-i-can, not a Mex-i-can't!

Just do a google image search of "Caitlin Schmidt", see what comes up and take it from there!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #52
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Don't pout. Be a Mex-i-can, not a Mex-i-can't!

Just do a google image search of "Caitlin Schmidt", see what comes up and take it from there!

I did that just now. There's too many results and none looked like Megan Fox.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #53
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

My daughter and I saw this yesterday, enjoyed it. I think I may like it more then the 1st one, simply because the fight scenes were better to me. I was able to follow the fight scenes better. The woods fight scene was the best of both movies, with a non-upclose shot that was great, and Prime being how you would want him to be. I do wish for more focus on Autobots who are not there as comic relief, but oh well.

I think the biggest part of the movie for us though was the preview for The Last Airbender, the first if the Avatar trilogy coming next year. It was all we talked about on the way home.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #54
Schmidty
Coordinator

[quote=Honolulu_Blue;2057730
Just do a google image search of "Caitlin Schmidt", see what comes up and take it from there![/QUOTE]

Haha!! That's not her last name!! And you will never know!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #55
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Haha!! That's not her last name!! And you will never know!!!!

Is this her:
http://www.myspace.com/boatyardbully
Old 06-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #56
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Nope. She lives back home somewhere in Michigan. I will not tell you more than that.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #57
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I did that just now. There's too many results and none looked like Megan Fox.

HAHAH I found her on Facebook! WOOT!...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #58
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
HAHAH I found her on Facebook! WOOT!...

Share please.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #59
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Nope. She lives back home somewhere in Michigan. I will not tell you more than that.

Hmm...
Old 06-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #60
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Share please.

I'm just kidding. I wouldn't do that to Schmidty, he's one of my favorite guys on here.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #61
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I'm just kidding. I wouldn't do that to Schmidty, he's one of my favorite guys on here.

Don't tease.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #62
revrew
Team Chaplain

Saw it yesterday. BTW, part of what I do for a living is review movies for an online site, but I won't be reviewing this one. Also, as background, I was a Tranformers nut as a child, though I'm not an uber-geek who fusses and whines when the modern day adaptations stray from the storyline a little bit - that's par for the course. Also as background, I enjoyed the first movie very much, though I thought the final battle scenes were difficult to follow, a bit nonsensical, and kind of a downer after all the build-up. Slightly disappointed in #1, partly because of my love for the Transformers, but still enjoyed it.

#2 is a different animal. There's a reason many sequels stink. Most sequels = add more sex, more violence, more profanity, more explosions, and...oh, yeah, was there a script or a storylilne around here somewhere? Sry, forgot.

#2 followed that formula to the typical results. This movie is a typical sequel - it sucks.

The robots, people, the robots. That's why we watch these movies (yeah, okay, I understand the people who will argue for Megan Fox). This movie added some new ones, some interesting characters, but then, forgot to really develop them, added some INCREDIBLY stupid characters, an extra hour of footage about horny college hotties, dogs humping each other, and Sam's mom on marijuana, all to which I say, "O..M..G. Did some 12-year-old edit and write this thing?"

For Transformer nuts, like myself, there was probably a good movie in there somewhere, some interesting characters (Glad to see Soundwave and Rampage make the character list) - but it was buried and smothered in sheer stupidity and pointless "get a boner, 14-year-olds in the audience" sexuality. haha, look, a robot humping Megan Fox's leg -ha,ha. O look, puke, ha,ha. O look, a 15-foot long tongue coming out of a hot chick's face, ha ha. Gag me.

I liked the first movie; I really did. The second one was just sad to watch.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #63
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Saw it this evening with my sons - thought it was fair enough as a movie, not going to rush out and buy it on BluRay but the kids loved it and it was watchable enough ... was never really going to be a classic
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:10 AM   #64
MJ4H
Coordinator

Just got back from watching this. Thought it was horrendous. Megan Fox multiplied in hotness by about 100 from the first movie to the second, though. The movie itself, though? Seriously, one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever sat through. I thought the first one was decently fun.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:12 AM   #65
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Just got back from watching this. Thought it was horrendous. Megan Fox multiplied in hotness by about 100 from the first movie to the second, though. The movie itself, though? Seriously, one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever sat through. I thought the first one was decently fun.

As a non-transformers guy that was thinking about seeing this because he thought the first one was decently fun, I am now scared away.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:33 AM   #66
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Just saw this.

It was funny (not the movie, what I'm about to say), because there were just a ton of times when I was saying, "Okay, that was really dumb" or "that was awkward" or "that doesn't make any sense", but the man-child adolescent that resides deep in my subconsciousness still found plenty of moments in the movie where it was saying, "That looked awesome."

Some of them didn't even involve Megan Fox, who looked absolutely stunning (of course). She reminds me of Schmidty's sister.

Seriously, this movie is inane. Doesn't make any sense. But if you can turn your brain off for a couple hours and enjoy all the fight scenes and explosions and the different robots, it might be worth a matinee price ticket (better to see that stuff in the theater usually anyway).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:44 AM   #67
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Watched it and it's not a super movie by any means. It's at best a 3 out of 5 for me.

Having said that, I didn't expect much. It's a summer blockbuster after all and it was obvious that big explosions would be expected with little storyline (it is Michael Bay after all).

I thought the first half was pretty good up till the forest fight. Honestly, the fight scenes were pretty cool.

However, once the desert section started, that's where my wife and I started sniggering. It really started to become stupid/silly and really became unintentional comedy.

Having said that, it's not a terrible movie, just not great.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #68
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Saw the movie with my wife. Not really going to go over all of the annoying or dumb parts of the movie since those get the most coverage here at FOFC anyways.

I did like parts of it just fine though, but part of the storyline just confused the heck out of me.

In spoiler tags:

Spoiler

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #69
Schmidty
Coordinator

It's my wife's birthday today, and I'm debating whether I should mention going to see this.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #70
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
It's my wife's birthday today, and I'm debating whether I should mention going to see this.

NO. good. golly. no. And remember, it's a 3-hour movie. No.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #71
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew View Post

It's not 3 hours - it's 2.5 hours.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #72
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

GoldenEagle and I went last night for his birthday to watch this and we both enjoyed it. There were too many pre-teens there and when the curse words were mentioned, especially the p-word, there were gasps from all the parents and obnoxious snickers from the kids. I have heard a lot of parents complaining about the bad words and how inappropriate it was for their kids to watch.... and the panties scene in the college dorm has a lot of parents upset as well.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #73
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
GoldenEagle and I went last night for his birthday to watch this and we both enjoyed it. There were too many pre-teens there and when the curse words were mentioned, especially the p-word, there were gasps from all the parents and obnoxious snickers from the kids. I have heard a lot of parents complaining about the bad words and how inappropriate it was for their kids to watch.... and the panties scene in the college dorm has a lot of parents upset as well.

It was a PG-13, didn't see anything inappropriate for that age range imho.

The kids I took were 9, 9 and 6 and to be honest I didn't see anything I thought offensive for that age level either - some parents get all worked up over nothing imho, heck my kids hear worse words than in that movie when I'm worked up and I'm fairly mellow imho (oh and kids old enough to be excited by a girl in a bra will have seen one already - most houses have a mail order catalogue or cosmopolitan magazine to hand somewhere, ones younger won't be interested anyway imho).

I always thought that was the idea of a 'PG' - its parental guidance, you decide yourself and if you are in the moral minority who get worked up over nothing there are oodles of hyper critical review sites full of rabid people who see every movie and try and get excited about how immoral they all are - if you can't be bothered to do that then imho you pass up your right to moan as you obviously aren't that bothered

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 06-28-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #74
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew View Post

Too late. We went. Our daughter's in Cali visiting her grandparents, and since we normally wouldn't take her to a film like this after hearing about some of the stuff that was in it, we figured we'd take our opportunity while we could.

It was crap. I really liked the first one, but this one was embarrassing to watch. Maybe sad is a better description.

I enjoy big, loud, uncomplicated action movies sometimes, but this just tried to add TOO MUCH of everything. Not only was there too much, but the stuff that was there, was terrible. Horribly crass, juvenile, and trashy - those are just a few descriptions that come to mind. I mean, I'm fine with a potty joke or two on occasion, but this was just too much. The lame quips, sexual jokes, robots and dogs humping (not each other thankfully), hairy middle aged ass-cheeks, robot testicles, and on and on. It all just stopped being funny after a few minutes, and just became distracting.

Anyway, the CGI was very good, the action was ok, but the rest of it was absolute, IQ reducing garbage.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #75
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
in the moral minority

Based on what's described here, specifically the sexual based humor, I doubt you'd find less than 50% of parents in the U.S. who would be upset if they knew their kids were seeing it. Close run at best, and a damned long way from the way you seem to be trying to portray it.

I think it's important to remember that this isn't an obvious content concern movie for a lot of parents. It's not as though it's titled "Spring Break: Girls Go Wild. They remember Transformers as a cartoon, strictly kids stuff. Unfortunately, too many won't bother to do the required due diligence, even fewer will because of their preconceived ideas about the movie.

Meanwhile, I'm just waiting to find out if Tarantino sticks any unnecessary sexual content in Inglourious Basterds. If not, me & my 11 year old are so there.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #76
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Meanwhile, I'm just waiting to find out if Tarantino sticks any unnecessary sexual content in Inglourious Basterds. If not, me & my 11 year old are so there.

What about violence? I have heard there is a bat-wielding Nazi hunter in the film.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #77
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
What about violence? I have heard there is a bat-wielding Nazi hunter in the film.

I was thinking the same thing. Titties and ass? Fuck no!!! Brain-spattered walls? Fuck yeah!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #78
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Which reminded us a lot of the baseball bat usage in Fallout 3

After watching the trailers & the clips, the movie looks almost hilarious because it's so campy.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #79
MJ4H
Coordinator

Speaking of T&A how is this thread less than 85% Megan Fox? That first scene with her on the motorcycle the whole theater gasped.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #80
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Titties and ass? Fuck no!!! Brain-spattered walls? Fuck yeah!!!

That's easy.

We've dealt with the difference in the use of violence in IRL vs films/games/TV.
We haven't dealt fully with every sexual situation presented in movies, and I'm in no hurry whatsoever to do so.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #81
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
That's easy.

We've dealt with the difference in the use of violence in IRL vs films/games/TV.
We haven't dealt fully with every sexual situation presented in movies, and I'm in no hurry whatsoever to do so.

You are way too serious sometimes. And I see what you're saying.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:58 AM   #82
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Too late. We went. Our daughter's in Cali visiting her grandparents, and since we normally wouldn't take her to a film like this after hearing about some of the stuff that was in it, we figured we'd take our opportunity while we could.

It was crap. I really liked the first one, but this one was embarrassing to watch. Maybe sad is a better description.

I enjoy big, loud, uncomplicated action movies sometimes, but this just tried to add TOO MUCH of everything. Not only was there too much, but the stuff that was there, was terrible. Horribly crass, juvenile, and trashy - those are just a few descriptions that come to mind. I mean, I'm fine with a potty joke or two on occasion, but this was just too much. The lame quips, sexual jokes, robots and dogs humping (not each other thankfully), hairy middle aged ass-cheeks, robot testicles, and on and on. It all just stopped being funny after a few minutes, and just became distracting.

Anyway, the CGI was very good, the action was ok, but the rest of it was absolute, IQ reducing garbage.

What were you expecting? An Oscar winner?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:12 AM   #83
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

Obviously not. You're directing a comment like that at the wrong guy.

It's funny that you're saying that, since that's my argument about just about every other summer action thriller, including the original Transformers(which I really liked). I can usually shut my brain off, but this is one of the first movies I can remember that tried to shut it off for me. It was just.........tooooooo much. And unneededly low-brow.

Yeah, I get people looking at my opinion the way they may be (like you). I have looked at other opinions the same way, but for the first time, I felt rippped-off.

It's possible for a huge, fun action film to not insult the viewer at the same time as it entertains them. I just got done watching "Hot Fuzz" for the umpteenth time, and it just reinforces that feeling.

Last edited by Schmidty : 06-29-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #84
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
re:

Based on what's described here, specifically the sexual based humor, I doubt you'd find less than 50% of parents in the U.S. who would be upset if they knew their kids were seeing it. Close run at best, and a damned long way from the way you seem to be trying to portray it.

I think it's important to remember that this isn't an obvious content concern movie for a lot of parents. It's not as though it's titled "Spring Break: Girls Go Wild. They remember Transformers as a cartoon, strictly kids stuff. Unfortunately, too many won't bother to do the required due diligence, even fewer will because of their preconceived ideas about the movie.

I think we learned in the tyketime 911 thread that not everyone agrees with your interpretation of parenting. I do believe there is a significant percentage of parents who see things as you do, but I also believe that you don't really have a handle on how many parents do not believe as you do, so while I can acknowledge your viewpoint as a significant one to consider, I would consider Marc's viewpoint as significant and as likely to be consistent with parents in general as yours is.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:18 AM   #85
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I think we learned in the tyketime 911 thread that not everyone agrees with your interpretation of parenting. I do believe there is a significant percentage of parents who see things as you do, but I also believe that you don't really have a handle on how many parents do not believe as you do, so while I can acknowledge your viewpoint as a significant one to consider, I would consider Marc's viewpoint as significant and as likely to be consistent with parents in general as yours is.

I don't know what the hell the tyketime 911 thread is, but Transformers 2 still sucked.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:21 AM   #86
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know what the hell the tyketime 911 thread is, but Transformers 2 still sucked.

Heh...yeah, not saying T2 was good. See my comments above. Also not saying Jon is wrong. Just noting that his viewpoint on the matter of parenting on at least one notable recent occasion did not end up representing a consensus opinion on that topic, and that I would be wary of accepting his take on this particular issue either without something more evidentiary to back it up.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:23 AM   #87
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Obviously not. You're directing a comment like that at the wrong guy.

It's funny that you're saying that, since that's my argument about just about every other summer action thriller, including the original Transformers(which I really liked). I can usually shut my brain off, but this is one of the first movies I can remember that tried to shut it off for me. It was just.........tooooooo much. And unneededly low-brow.

Yeah, I get people looking at my opinion the way they may be (like you). I have looked at other opinions the same way, but for the first time, I felt rippped-off.

It's possible for a huge, fun action film to not insult the viewer at the same time as it entertains them. I just got done watching "Hot Fuzz" for the umpteenth time, and it just reinforces that feeling.

Actually, it was just a joke. That was the type of comment used against me earlier in the thread when I said I hated the first film.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:11 AM   #88
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

CR, I don't care if you go to the most liberal town in the US, let's pick Berkeley just for the hell of it. Or if you want to go east, pick somewhere in Massachusetts or whatever suits you. Take the scenes described here & relate them to the parents of 13 year olds, much less 9-12 year olds (as Lone Star Girl mentioned). If you can find even 40% who say they don't have a problem with that content for their kids then I'm a fucking monkey's uncle. Hell, you'd probably lose a good 10% of even the most liberal on the basis of objectifying women alone, never mind the more traditional sexual aspects.

I found his attempt to characterize those who would object as some sort of small minority more than just a little bit offensive and completely out of touch with American societal values. I won't argue that enough parents don't fail to do adequate due diligence to match even their own values but if you put that content in front of them (that's a whole different rant) but you & I both know it would fail with a major chunk of the population.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 AM   #89
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR, I don't care if you go to the most liberal town in the US, let's pick Berkeley just for the hell of it. Or if you want to go east, pick somewhere in Massachusetts or whatever suits you. Take the scenes described here & relate them to the parents of 13 year olds, much less 9-12 year olds (as Lone Star Girl mentioned). If you can find even 40% who say they don't have a problem with that content for their kids then I'm a fucking monkey's uncle. Hell, you'd probably lose a good 10% of even the most liberal on the basis of objectifying women alone, never mind the more traditional sexual aspects.

I found his attempt to characterize those who would object as some sort of small minority more than just a little bit offensive and completely out of touch with American societal values. I won't argue that enough parents don't fail to do adequate due diligence to match even their own values but if you put that content in front of them (that's a whole different rant) but you & I both know it would fail with a major chunk of the population.

That might be the case, but until someone does exactly that sorta study, I am as welcome to my opinion as you are to yours. Much as you feel you believe he misrepresented what came to be your stance as a minority (something I did not see in his post, actually, but you're welcome to your opinion if that's what you think he was saying), I believe you misrepresent your own opinion as a consensus opinion that in fact you have provided no evidence to support.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-29-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #90
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Why does people say stuff like this? I don't get it. Yes, there are different levels of expectations for movies, but I have seen enough "mindless action movies" to know good ones from bad ones. I am not looking for "Oscar level" anything, but you can't just excuse a crap film by shrugging and saying "Hey! It's supposed to be crap! What did you expect?"

Movies like "Die Hard', "Iron Man", "Dark Knight", "Matrix", "Terminator 2", the first and third "Indiana Jones" movies, the original Star Wars films, etc. have shown us that you can make very good summer popcorn type flicks that have great action, explosions, and all that fun stuff and still manage to find time for a decent plot, developed characters, good dialogue maybe a meaningful theme or idea or two.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #91
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(something I did not see in his post, actually, but you're welcome to your opinion if that's what you think he was saying)

Not sure how you missed it, or the snarky tone it was delivered with but here goes

Quote:
if you are in the moral minority who get worked up over nothing
Old 06-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #92
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Why does people say stuff like this? I don't get it. Yes, there are different levels of expectations for movies, but I have seen enough "mindless action movies" to know good ones from bad ones. I am not looking for "Oscar level" anything, but you can't just excuse a crap film by shrugging and saying "Hey! It's supposed to be crap! What did you expect?"

Movies like "Die Hard', "Iron Man", "Dark Knight", "Matrix", "Terminator 2", the first and third "Indiana Jones" movies, the original Star Wars films, etc. have shown us that you can make very good summer popcorn type flicks that have great action, explosions, and all that fun stuff and still manage to find time for a decent plot, developed characters, good dialogue maybe a meaningful theme or idea or two.

Thanks for making my point for me as I fully agree with everything you said. As I noted to Schmidty a few posts above, my response was meant to be sarcastic, since I received the same type of criticism earlier in the thread for trashing the first film.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #93
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Thanks for making my point for me as I fully agree with everything you said. As I noted to Schmidty a few posts above, my response was meant to be sarcastic, since I received the same type of criticism earlier in the thread for trashing the first film.

Ah. Cool. Sarcasm is hard to detect on the interwebs. I am glad we are in agreeance.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #94
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I saw it and I know this is damning with faint praise but my review is basically "It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be".

My wife and I were at the Udvar-Hazy Smithsonian, basically the Air and Space annex out at Dulles with the stuff that doesn't fit in the main museum: the Enola Gay, space shuttle Enterprise, a Boeing 707, a Concorde, and a lot more. They were showing the movie on their Imax as about 5 minutes of the movie are filmed there- the part where they go to get Jetfire in the museum- as that's their SR71 blackbird and that's the Udvar-Hazy center. We figured even a bad movie beat going right into the teeth of DC's rush hour on our way back to Richmond.

Spoiler

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #95
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I saw it last night at Udvar-Hazy. Highlight was seeing the SR-71 be a Transformer.

But I went in with low expectations and was still disappointed. Sure, there were lots of explosions but there were too many times where I had no idea who was blowing up who, which Decepticon I was watching, etc. And in IMAX, the scenes where the camera rotates around and around just made me nauseous (though, I'm on a new medicine which has side effects of nausea, vertigo, and sleepiness, so some of that may have been helped along by the medicine).

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote